Old school BMX collectors?? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 Old 01-18-2011, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Old school BMX collectors??

I was looking to buy some of my old BMX bikes to ride around for shiggles! I was expecting these things to be like $20-$60 at the most, but Ill be damned if these bikes haven't doubled in value since!! I would love to see some of your old BMX bikes if you have them, and If you know anyone willing to part witha 94 Dyno vfr in dayglow yellow shoot me a pm ASAP!

Last edited by H20-50; 01-18-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 Old 01-18-2011, 08:25 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I use to have this bike but with spokes. got it around 1988 and sold it about 12 yrs. ago and hate that I did.

Last edited by cyclepuck; 05-01-2013 at 11:11 PM.
post #3 of 45 Old 01-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Couple of years ago, I donated a hutch pro to a place that fixes bikes up and gives them to kids.

It wasn't in original paint but was a nice bike.

I'd like to have an original Cook Bros frame and forks again like when I was young. The first version with the gusset.

After this bike was stolen by some POS, I went to GT because I didn't like the newer cook bros frames with sealed bearing and no gusset. Just didn't feel right. Same with the Hutch pro, nice bike but didn't like the feel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mecookbrosrac.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	196.8 KB
ID:	141557  

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Snow machines create snow on ski slopes. Just sayin'
post #4 of 45 Old 01-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

I haven't been by there in a while, but this guy might have something in his warehouse.
He has some interesting stuff sometimes and it wouldn't surprise me if he has some new old stock BMXs somewhere.

http://cycleworldmiami.com/

I actually have a 24" Dyno VFR in the garage but it's not really high end, it's the same design as my old 24" GT "Cruiser/BMX" from back in the day. Chrome Moly frame though.

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Last edited by ZX10Miami; 01-18-2011 at 09:37 PM.
post #5 of 45 Old 01-18-2011, 09:34 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I used to have this bad boy....
Attached Images

post #6 of 45 Old 01-18-2011, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

These bikes are awesome guys! Brings back so many good memories of riping throught the trails back in the woods, back when you wanted to break you didn't have levers you just push back on the crank lol! Thanks for posting lets keep em coming, these were the gateway drug into motorbikes for me. If you ever have some time to kill I watch this site for old school bikes
www.bmxmuseum.com
Its great, they have all sorts of classic BMX stuff to browse through for hours, some really rare stuff too!
post #7 of 45 Old 01-18-2011, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclepuck View Post
I use to have this bike but with spokes. got it around 1988 and sold it about 12 yrs. ago and hate that I did.
I just saw this same bike on craigslist not even 2 days ago, but it was in a white, red and black paint job, all original. the guy was asking $450 non-negotiable!
post #8 of 45 Old 01-18-2011, 10:06 PM
vr6
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Wow... I can't help, but here is my BMX story.

I had a Scot Clark Robinson with seguino 175 solid cranks, Alloy wheels, tuf neck, GT Pro bars, kool stop brakes, shimano hubs. Then I got into dirt bikes and got a Cr125. Soon after I sold the BMX bike to this kid up the street. Everyone hated the kid and the bike got trashed I was so pissed.

The frame weighed 6 pounds. I paid $131 dollars for the frame alone. I built that bike piece by piece. I think I got the weight down to 20 lbs.

Sorry about the rambling but I got flash backs. I jumped 7 car tires stacked. I jumped a standing shopping cart.Then I bust my ass trying to jump a ramp that was lit on fire (Thanks to Evil Kenevil)

kkt alloy pedals

Ahh the good old days...

Oh I could do sit down and stand up wheelies on the BMX bike no problem
post #9 of 45 Old 01-18-2011, 10:21 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

My GT was sub 20 lbs including a Uni Seat which have come back.

http://www.uniseats.com/

SE Racing is also back.

http://www.sebikes.com/

The above cook bros was in one of it's many forms, started with ashtabula one piece cranks and skyway tuff wheels with bendix brake.

As pictured it has super maxi cranks (later replaced by dura ace)
Redline v bars, MCS neck, Excaliber seat post clamp, honeycomb seat post, araya rims, diacompe brake, crap pedals, later KKT lightning and then MKS pedals...ouch, my shins stll feel them. LOL. Oakley grips and a crappy seat.
Lots of decals obviously, Later a haro number plate and I raced for the local honda shop which had a bike shop too, "The Hot Shop at Gables Honda."

Check out the "Ripper" on my shoe to hold paper money and a house key, never kept coins in there or the velcro would let go.

Last edited by ZX10Miami; 01-18-2011 at 10:27 PM.
post #10 of 45 Old 01-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20-50 View Post
These bikes are awesome guys! Brings back so many good memories of riping throught the trails back in the woods, back when you wanted to break you didn't have levers you just push back on the crank lol! Thanks for posting lets keep em coming, these were the gateway drug into motorbikes for me. If you ever have some time to kill I watch this site for old school bikes
www.bmxmuseum.com
Its great, they have all sorts of classic BMX stuff to browse through for hours, some really rare stuff too!
Awesome link, thanks.

And BTW- It's not a BMX but my mountain bike is a GT as well.
They replaced my RTS team frame with another U.S. made frame, an LTS when I broke the swingarm of the RTS.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in