OCH! Don't Steal.... a bit gruesome - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 10-15-2006, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

OCH! Don't Steal.... a bit gruesome

This is what should happen if you steal a ZX10R..

A suspected thief screams as villagers set fire to his legs after stripping him and tying him to a cross in Pelileo Grande, Ecuador, 75 miles south of Quito.
Mario Quishpe had been caught stealing and locals took summary justice. A priest, along with other villagers, extinguished the flames and he was taken to hospital where his burns were treated.

Full Story: http://www.dailygut.com/
Attached Images

Eschew Obfuscation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-15-2006, 07:11 AM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Sounds like fair punishment to me. When one of my bikes was stolen, I wanted a lot worse than little burns to happen to the scumbag who did it.
post #3 of 9 Old 10-15-2006, 08:00 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

That should teach him.
post #4 of 9 Old 10-15-2006, 08:59 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to BigDally
..wasn't it in one of the arab/eastern countries where they used to cut off a hand/finger of someone caught steeling? The thought process was a thief would be less likely to take something of someone else's after such a punishment...

D

Big Dally
post #5 of 9 Old 10-15-2006, 09:17 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Thats what they should do here. I bet the crime rate would drop.
post #6 of 9 Old 10-15-2006, 09:57 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to zx7rydr
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.ga.rider
Thats what they should do here. I bet the crime rate would drop.

CA green int. brake light, CA green front blinkers, APE manual cct, Kleen air mod (Ivan's), Jumper mod, Full Akrapovich Race exhaust, PC3, Factory Pro Velocity Stacks, Muzzys Alum. Rad. Fan, Factory Pro Shift Star kit, Competition Werks fender elim, Stealth Sprockets (-1, +2), D.I.D ERV3 X-Ring Gold Chain, Speedo Healer, GPR V4, Black/Black Pazzo "shorty" levers, 08 ZX6R Calipers, rockin the pilot powers, more to come...
post #7 of 9 Old 10-15-2006, 12:38 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDally
..wasn't it in one of the arab/eastern countries where they used to cut off a hand/finger of someone caught steeling? The thought process was a thief would be less likely to take something of someone else's after such a punishment...

D
And yet it does not deter them. But for me there is a difference between stealing a ZX10 here in America and stealing for food or to keep yourself alive in a third world country (as an example).

Obviously the guys legs in the above picture are fake, btw. This is just a photo stunt and I call BS on the story.

Seriously, when I see people here advocating punishment like this for criminals in the US it makes me wonder what it is that makes us better than these other countries. Here in America you have a right to a fair trial and are innocent until proven guilty. If you are proven guilty, then we have levels of punishment to fit the crime that may not be perfect, but do elevate us and our society above the savagary and backwards ass laws that other countries still use.

I'm frankly disappointed in some of you here. And don't talk to me about not knowing what it's like to have something stolen blah blah. I would love to see the guys who stole my bike get nailed and punished- but I am not in favor using torture on them just to fulfill some immature blood lust I may have to see them physically suffer for what they did.
post #8 of 9 Old 10-16-2006, 10:44 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

IMO, punishment should be gradually increased until the intended detterent level is reached. If the punishment for speeding was a nickel, I'd speed all the time. If the punishment for speeding was death, I'd pretty much drive 10 MPH under the limit, just to be safe. Somewhere in between those extremes is a level of punishment that is just right. That could be done for most crime.
post #9 of 9 Old 10-17-2006, 01:20 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Yeah that's what we need here........................................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in