New Yorkers and Residents of Brooklyn - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 01-16-2012, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

New Yorkers and Residents of Brooklyn

In April I will be taking a trip across the atlantic to New York City. We'll be staying in midtown but I have heard of a fantastic pizza place in Brooklyn-
Spumoni gardens- Sauce on top and made in squares. Looks and sounds amazing.

So is it feasible for me to get there via public transport? I've never been to the east coast so am really looking forward to it.

Also what are the must sees and dos that other tourists might not know about?
What about that park/garden built on train track?

Oh, nearly forgot, the girlfriend wants me to find somewhere for dinner and dancing (think ballroom not clubbing) suggestions?

I ask here because lets face it if you chose a zx10r you have taste

Last edited by wiganzx10r; 01-16-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-16-2012, 01:41 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I have never been to NYC but my little brother has been. Getting anywhere on public transit shouldn't be a problem. Between subway and train and walking a block or two. There are also a lot of cabs. My little brother is a big fan of food. He said little Italy was amazing. Don't leave without trying the cheescake.

War is about killing people and breaking things. It ain't the olympics. Its not supposed to be fair. Tom Clancy

ialsodontknowwhynewpeoplecantseperatetheirthoghtss owecanreadthemitmakesitunweidlyandannoyingtryingto decipherwhattheyaretryingtosaysoiusuallyjustmoveon atleastyouusedpuncuationthoughsocongratsonthatbutm aybeinthefutureyoucanhelpusalloutbecauseyouoranyon eelsewillgetmorerepliesifyoudontwriteonebigrunonth atsimpossibletoread
post #3 of 13 Old 01-16-2012, 02:01 PM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

You want some good food, u need to come down south then. Nothing like food from the Cajun states

As far as NY goes, never been but wouldnt mind going to ground zero, would def be a humbling experience for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
in reference to the man card issue, let me clarify it for everyone, " If a man builds a 1000 bridges and sucks one cock, that doesnt make him a bridge builder, it makes him a cock sucker..."
My bike is the fattest and slowest of all the G2s
post #4 of 13 Old 01-16-2012, 03:18 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Try John's Pizza in the Village or Ray's Pizza all over the city; they are pretty good. One of my favorite pizza's is New Park Pizza in Howard Beach near JFK Airport. Di Fara's in Brooklyn is pretty good too. I have not been to Grimaldi in Brooklyn but the Grimaldi here is very good so I'm guessing the Brooklyn one is better. A trip to New York without a stop to one of those Pizzerias is a wasted trip for me... :)

P.S. I've never been to Spumoni Gardens, let me know how it was...

Last edited by iroman; 01-16-2012 at 03:30 PM.
post #5 of 13 Old 01-16-2012, 03:20 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

you can get anywhere within 5 boroughs by public transportation. And the subway system is very well organized, plus its free entertainment with all the dancers/players/magicians that perform below ground.
i've never heard of that pizza place before, but I'm sure its good. depending when you are coming to NYC, i would try to go to the rockafeller center to ice skate (or bryant park if you want free), climb the empire state, walk through central park, see an on/off broadway show (and there are plenty of crazy and weird ones in the city). Statue of liberty is obverted, in my opinion. It is not that big and can be seen from the south manhattan - battery park.
post #6 of 13 Old 01-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Slow Poke

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mityaz View Post
you can get anywhere within 5 boroughs by public transportation. And the subway system is very well organized, plus its free entertainment with all the dancers/players/magicians that perform below ground.
i've never heard of that pizza place before, but I'm sure its good. depending when you are coming to NYC, i would try to go to the rockafeller center to ice skate (or bryant park if you want free), climb the empire state, walk through central park, see an on/off broadway show (and there are plenty of crazy and weird ones in the city). Statue of liberty is obverted, in my opinion. It is not that big and can be seen from the south manhattan - battery park.
Those are great ideas man! Yeah I feel ya on the statue of liberty. Personally if one has never been I think it is a must see. But I will tell you it took me like 3 1/2 hours to go all the way up and back down the statue..
post #7 of 13 Old 01-16-2012, 09:41 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganzx10r View Post

Also what are the must sees and dos that other tourists might not know about?
What about that park/garden built on train track?

Oh, nearly forgot, the girlfriend wants me to find somewhere for dinner and dancing (think ballroom not clubbing) suggestions?

I ask here because lets face it if you chose a zx10r you have taste
ive never heard of spumoni gardens, but you dont have to go too far for good pizza.
Grimaldis is good, as someone suggested.

How comfortable are you in poor areas? Weve got a lot of colombian, peruvian, dominican, and caribbean influences..
im a regular at fish eye in brooklyn. got my own seat
sea bistro, in williamsburg has some excellent thai food. avg plate is about 12. nice atmosphere. i take girls here, because it looks expensive.

i wouldnt eat at rays pizza or papaya king unless i was desperate for food (and food poisoning)

if you watch dave letterman, you can go online and apply to be in the crowd for the live taping. they generally select people from out of town, and out of country, so you've got a good shot at getting in to seee it.

public transport is an ease, even for someone who doesnt live here.

Roosevelt island tramway at the queensboro bridge takes u across the east river for some nice views and photo ops.

city island for some seafood. i dont eat seafood, but ive heard differing opinions for the quality and cost. its a nice area

i could write an essay on things to do/where to eat etc
post #8 of 13 Old 01-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Public transport will take you everywhere you need to go, spumonis is a great place and also
The garden train track is cool. You shouldn't have any trouble getting to those places as long as
You have a computer or smartphone handy

ZX10RNYC
post #9 of 13 Old 01-16-2012, 10:26 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

are you talking about the hiline discarded train tracks?
post #10 of 13 Old 01-17-2012, 12:53 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

You can go see the naked cowboy and cowgirl. They are some street performers that have a following. They sing w/ guitar.

FAO Swartz is a place I have always wanted to see. Its just a giant toy store, but I have wanted to go there since I saw the movie BIG with Tom Hanks.

War is about killing people and breaking things. It ain't the olympics. Its not supposed to be fair. Tom Clancy

ialsodontknowwhynewpeoplecantseperatetheirthoghtss owecanreadthemitmakesitunweidlyandannoyingtryingto decipherwhattheyaretryingtosaysoiusuallyjustmoveon atleastyouusedpuncuationthoughsocongratsonthatbutm aybeinthefutureyoucanhelpusalloutbecauseyouoranyon eelsewillgetmorerepliesifyoudontwriteonebigrunonth atsimpossibletoread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in