New Job Advice Help - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 05-07-2012, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Boomer Sooner!

Posting Frequency

New Job Advice Help

Hey fellow .Net ers, I have a friend who is getting married in a few months and will be moving from OKC to Tulsa, after he gets married. He has worked for AT&T for over 8 years as a Technical support guy and has been moved up and up and is now a Level 3 technician. HE HATES HIS JOB. I guess working for ATT sucks, and he wants a change, and doesnt know what else he can do. He has 8 yrs of experience in Tech support so i imagine there would be several companies that would hire him, just can't think of any. Any help or ideas would be wonderful!

Thanks Guys!

Boomer Sooner!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Certified SLOW

Posting Frequency

I have used indeed.com in the past and found work. It indexes a ton of different job posting sites and large corporations postings. Makes it much easier than searching a bunch of different sites.

Best 1/4mi ET: 8.98 @ 147 (stock motor, no turbo/nitrous)
post #3 of 8 Old 05-07-2012, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Boomer Sooner!

Posting Frequency

Ok, I'll have him check that out. Thanks! Any other ideas?

Boomer Sooner!!!
post #4 of 8 Old 05-07-2012, 11:51 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

+1 on Indeed I have found jobs listed there that I didn't see in other locations. If he's prior military then he can check recruit military.com or if he has a security clearance then he can check clearance jobs. I'm finding a lot of job leads through Face Book and other networking mediums. He really needs to get a firm grasp on what his qualifications/skills are and start looking at other jobs to see what he's qualified for. I've found that most jobs have some really ridiculous requirements. Does he like doing what he does but maybe for another company? He should know who the competition is then. Lastly it's a job aka work and sometimes you just have to suck it up and do stuff you don't like to do in order to get that check. This is the position I find myself looking at right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjeR View Post
I'm glad I'm a stripper, the money keeps coming in! lol
post #5 of 8 Old 05-08-2012, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
Boomer Sooner!

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick10 View Post
Lastly it's a job aka work and sometimes you just have to suck it up and do stuff you don't like to do in order to get that check. This is the position I find myself looking at right now
Wait???? I thought you were a stripper and you didnt get checks, but singles????

And he knows that, hence why he has been there 8+ Years....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick10 View Post
+1 on Indeed I have found jobs listed there that I didn't see in other locations. If he's prior military then he can check recruit military.com or if he has a security clearance then he can check clearance jobs. I'm finding a lot of job leads through Face Book and other networking mediums. He really needs to get a firm grasp on what his qualifications/skills are and start looking at other jobs to see what he's qualified for. I've found that most jobs have some really ridiculous requirements. Does he like doing what he does but maybe for another company? He should know who the competition is then.
He was prior military. He was in the army, im not sure for how long, but he was medically discharged because he messed up his knee's, so ill pass the military.com's thing. I dont know if its AT&T specifically, or if it his job, (From what he has expressed to me it is AT&T) but when he told me how much money he makes there, after working there for 8+ years, i was very surprised. I was making more money at my last job when i was 19 years old. I just couldnt believe how little they paid an employee who had even been there for 8 years. Thats nuts. So i know he can get another job that pays a little better somewhere, just trying to help him find out where.

Boomer Sooner!!!
post #6 of 8 Old 05-08-2012, 12:08 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpcullen View Post
Wait???? I thought you were a stripper and you didnt get checks, but singles????

LMAO that's .net member Ninjer

And he knows that, hence why he has been there 8+ Years....

He was prior military. He was in the army, im not sure for how long, but he was medically discharged because he messed up his knee's, so ill pass the military.com's thing. I dont know if its AT&T specifically, or if it his job, (From what he has expressed to me it is AT&T) but when he told me how much money he makes there, after working there for 8+ years, i was very surprised. I was making more money at my last job when i was 19 years old. I just couldnt believe how little they paid an employee who had even been there for 8 years. Thats nuts. So i know he can get another job that pays a little better somewhere, just trying to help him find out where.
Also have him check USAjobs.gov for a gov't job that he may be qualified for. Tulsa also seems to have a pretty large aviation base so it might be a good place for him to break into that field. It's one of the locations that I'm looking at moving to since that's the field I work in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjeR View Post
I'm glad I'm a stripper, the money keeps coming in! lol
post #7 of 8 Old 05-08-2012, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
Boomer Sooner!

Posting Frequency

Oh yea. If only i could read better i would have seen that....... Haha and that is a good idea, i didnt even think about gov jobs. Ill see what he thinks about that.

Boomer Sooner!!!
post #8 of 8 Old 05-08-2012, 04:19 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Most any company mid size or bigger has an IT guy or two. I put in resumes with any place that has more than 50 employees. The company I work for has about two hundred employees and we have two full time IT guys.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in