new cell phone? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 11-26-2011, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

new cell phone?

Whos looking at purchasing a new phone this holiday season?

Which are you getting and WHY?

-ROACH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 11-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

There's the iPhone, iPhone or the iPhone. Everything else is a dinosaur!!

post #3 of 25 Old 11-26-2011, 06:18 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Htc just came out with a sweet phone for Verizon, but don't remember the name...I got an htc a few months ago and love it...
Iphone sux, if you sneeze too hard the screen breaks, but my HTC fell out while riding at 100+ and came out just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
i could give two shits if you were taking a bubble bath in applesauce being fed grapes by lemurs with electrodes attached to your nipples in the bed of a semi truck, as long as you're not holding up traffic, go for it
post #4 of 25 Old 11-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

iPhones dont break like people think they do, I drop mine about everyday with no issues. I will say I did drop it once and the screen hit the corner of a boulder and yes it broke but I went in to Apple and they gave me a new phone for FREE!! The customer service at Apple is miles beyond any other company just like the software in the phone <- show me another phone company that would do this :headshake Eitherway just head to the mall and check them all out then pick the one YOU like the best!!! Because theres iPhones then theres iPhone haters!!

post #5 of 25 Old 11-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm looking at the droid razr. Currently have the HTC thunderbolt. Pretty much a Verizon guy myself, but I also install lte 4g on the towers and I like they're setup better than any of the other carriers. Pick your carrier first, then pick your phone. The phones are always obsolete to quickly to matter, its the carrier your stuck with. And no I'm not employed by Verizon, I'm just a towerhand and I install for any carrier that needs work done. Droid rules ftw.
post #6 of 25 Old 11-26-2011, 08:01 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

driod razr or HTC rezound. Im a computer nerd and these phones are crazy as far as specifications.

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Mo...Rezound_id2897

only 2 phones with verizon that are comparable. the difference between the two is basically you get a little more speed processor wise on the rezound with the 1.5 dual core rather than the 1.2 on the razr. But the razr is thin where the rezound is thicker. The rezound also has a removable battery unlike the razr and the rezound also comes with $150 pair of beats headphones. one big problem with these phones are the battery life. they just suck ass when i comes to that. there is not a single 4g phone that doesnt though.

now before I hear something about why i didnt mention the iphone is because i wouldnt ever get one. at least until they start being more original again. the iphone 4s is nothing much greater than the iphone 4. here is an upgrade for all you iphone 4 users:

'11 Black zx-10r | Tech-spec Tank pad | Akraprovic w/ link | Power Commander V | Auto tune | HID | 1/5 Insert | Driven Smog Plates | DMP integrated tail light | Vortex rear sets w/ new pressure switch | Puig dark smoke windscreen | BMC Air Filter | Cox Radiator Guard |

To Do List:
ECU reflash
Steering Damper revalved
post #7 of 25 Old 11-26-2011, 08:02 PM
All show and all go 10r

Posting Frequency

iPhone simply because it'll be the easiest to sell when you get rid of it.

post #8 of 25 Old 11-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Your right about the battery life. Nice thing about the thunderbolt over the razr is that you can upgrade to a better battery. However the razr has the dualcore. All good though, by this time next year if your not sporting dualcore, 4g, 3d display (dumb imho), and a projected keyboard then your behind the time.
post #9 of 25 Old 11-26-2011, 09:15 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2luv View Post
Your right about the battery life. Nice thing about the thunderbolt over the razr is that you can upgrade to a better battery. However the razr has the dualcore. All good though, by this time next year if your not sporting dualcore, 4g, 3d display (dumb imho), and a projected keyboard then your behind the time.
the thunderbolt is an out dated phone now. it is the HTC rezound that is the new phone to have.

'11 Black zx-10r | Tech-spec Tank pad | Akraprovic w/ link | Power Commander V | Auto tune | HID | 1/5 Insert | Driven Smog Plates | DMP integrated tail light | Vortex rear sets w/ new pressure switch | Puig dark smoke windscreen | BMC Air Filter | Cox Radiator Guard |

To Do List:
ECU reflash
Steering Damper revalved
post #10 of 25 Old 11-26-2011, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I absolutely LOVE verizon, they have gone way out of their way to take care of me as a customer.

I have a strong dislike for the iPhone stuff..... i don't like the idea of taking them into an apple store if something jacks up. Its an hour drive for me and i despise hipsters.

I'm Still sporting the OG droid from two years ago and I'm loving it still. I have rooted it and love the fact that i can put customs kernals and ROM's on it. those make it run a ton faster due to over clocking the CPU.

I'm ready for an upgrade and am kinda torn. I'm leaning towards the DROID 4 which gets released the 8t of DEC or the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. you guys ever heard of those two phones?

Hell I even looked on eBay for BRAND new OG Droids and they are only 147, then I don't have to worry about a contract!

AHHH decisions!

thanks for the input guys.

-ROACH

EDIT: if any of you guys are still sportign the OG Droid get with me and i can turn it into a new phone for about 20 mins worth of work. Ill walk ya thru the process!

Last edited by ROACH; 11-26-2011 at 09:39 PM. Reason: HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in