Need help with traffic ticket - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 Old 10-05-2006, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to zx7rydr
Need help with traffic ticket

So as most of you know I wrecked on a friends bike on Sept. 24th. Just received a ticket in the mail for $123.00 and it all it said the infraction was is "speed too fast". All I know about the accident was that I was found 100ft away from the bike, I understand that this may indicate speed. Just wondering if you guys think I should just pay it or take it to court. I should mention there was no witnesses around during the accident.

Thanks for your help guys.

CA green int. brake light, CA green front blinkers, APE manual cct, Kleen air mod (Ivan's), Jumper mod, Full Akrapovich Race exhaust, PC3, Factory Pro Velocity Stacks, Muzzys Alum. Rad. Fan, Factory Pro Shift Star kit, Competition Werks fender elim, Stealth Sprockets (-1, +2), D.I.D ERV3 X-Ring Gold Chain, Speedo Healer, GPR V4, Black/Black Pazzo "shorty" levers, 08 ZX6R Calipers, rockin the pilot powers, more to come...

Last edited by zx7rydr; 10-05-2006 at 09:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 10-05-2006, 05:59 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

how can they assume you were speeding if nobody witnessed anything?. hopefully you didnt mention anything about speeding when this incident happened. you should fight it.
post #3 of 35 Old 10-05-2006, 05:59 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to smalls23
As a police officer i can say , by measuring skid marks, drag/grooves in the road and several other things, we can actually get your speed within 1-2mph.

So if I were you i would pay the ticket, because if you go to court they will begin to explain how they measured and when they calibrated the machines and how they came about the meausement and how accurate the measurements are and how well past measurements have held up in court.

any questions or anything i can do PM me
post #4 of 35 Old 10-05-2006, 06:02 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

I realize law enforcement officers are trained to evaluate accident scenes but its still a guesstimation on the officers part so atleast present your case to the judge as best you can and see what happens.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #5 of 35 Old 10-05-2006, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10roller
how can they assume you were speeding if nobody witnessed anything?. hopefully you didnt mention anything about speeding when this incident happened. you should fight it.

I was unconcious at the scene and didnt wake up untill about an hr. at the hospital so didnt tell anyone anything. I do know the speed limit on the road I was on was 40mph.

CA green int. brake light, CA green front blinkers, APE manual cct, Kleen air mod (Ivan's), Jumper mod, Full Akrapovich Race exhaust, PC3, Factory Pro Velocity Stacks, Muzzys Alum. Rad. Fan, Factory Pro Shift Star kit, Competition Werks fender elim, Stealth Sprockets (-1, +2), D.I.D ERV3 X-Ring Gold Chain, Speedo Healer, GPR V4, Black/Black Pazzo "shorty" levers, 08 ZX6R Calipers, rockin the pilot powers, more to come...
post #6 of 35 Old 10-05-2006, 06:13 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Get a lawyer...
post #7 of 35 Old 10-05-2006, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy
Get a lawyer...
over a $123 ticket...

post #8 of 35 Old 10-05-2006, 06:20 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

very true... getting a lawyer over a ticket like that.. waste of time and money

post #9 of 35 Old 10-05-2006, 06:31 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy
I realize law enforcement officers are trained to evaluate accident scenes but its still a guesstimation on the officers part so atleast present your case to the judge as best you can and see what happens.

BD

:iamwithst

“Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory.” --General George S. Patton
post #10 of 35 Old 10-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx7rydr
over a $123 ticket...
Could easily be worth paying $250.00 or whatever to avoid the points and insurance rate hikes.

Some traffic lawyers charge prices similar to ticket prices- I would try to go off word of mouth when choosing a ticket lawyer though.

You don't need to pay them to say, "no contest" and have a decent judge with-hold judification (pts.) So make sure they plan to do more than just that if you get one.

If it comes down to details a good attorney knows where the weaknesses are in the "evidence."

They had to re-focus police around here to write tickets properly once a news team did a story on how many people were getting off on technicalities related to writing the ticket poorly.

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Snow machines create snow on ski slopes. Just sayin'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in