Need Car ppl help - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 07-07-2012, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Need Car ppl help

I mow a ladies yard that has a 1967 Camaro. She wants to sell it but doesnt want to get screwed on it either. She is a widowed 70 something yr old. Just wanted to see if any of you knew about how much this car could be worth. She is the original owner. I dont know alot about the car but this is all she told me about it.

1967 Chevrolet Camaro - Original Owner
Hardtop Sports Coupe
327 V8 engine
76,500 original miles

The car is not an "SS" or "RS"
Original black interior is in excellent condition
It had factory A/C
The exterior pain is not in need of reconditioning as the car was repainted in 2004 to match its original color.
Every tag put on the car has been saved along with registration receipts, original bill of sale, owners manual and copy of invoice reflecting any work done on the car.
In 2004 there was slight restoration done with pictures taken while the restoration process was taking place. Ill try to get pictures from her.

I know I need to post this in a Camaro car forum but just wanted to hit my zx10 brothers up first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-07-2012, 08:13 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Old people have no concept of modern inflation. Offer her $100 and a ride to bingo.

'07 SE- Lots to party with.
post #3 of 11 Old 07-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Hello , i 'am a mechanic and have specialized in restoring old camaro's for around 30 years now . the car could be worth very little ( 1000 ) or a lot ( 20000 ) , all depends on the condition of it . I inspected a 1956 t bird last week , asking 22000 but worth only 12000 because someone painted and replaced the interior with the wrong color ! . if the frame is gone , it would cost more money to replace it than to buy a car that is better . Send me some pictures , i could be interested . PM me

it's NICE RIDING A ZX10R
post #4 of 11 Old 07-07-2012, 08:38 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by performancezx10r View Post
Hello , i 'am a mechanic and have specialized in restoring old camaro's for around 30 years now . the car could be worth very little ( 1000 ) or a lot ( 20000 ) , all depends on the condition of it . I inspected a 1956 t bird last week , asking 22000 but worth only 12000 because someone painted and replaced the interior with the wrong color ! . if the frame is gone , it would cost more money to replace it than to buy a car that is better . Send me some pictures , i could be interested . PM me
Agreed. In Canada that cars worth 3-5k depending on shape.
post #5 of 11 Old 07-07-2012, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I'll try to get some pictures soon. All she had was some Polaroids of it. She had a guy come by and offer her $15,000 but she thinks she can get $20-25K. As far as I know the frame and everything is in great shape. Been garage kept for as long as I know. I know how it goes looks can be deceiving.
post #6 of 11 Old 07-07-2012, 09:07 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman2852 View Post
I'll try to get some pictures soon. All she had was some Polaroids of it. She had a guy come by and offer her $15,000 but she thinks she can get $20-25K. As far as I know the frame and everything is in great shape. Been garage kept for as long as I know. I know how it goes looks can be deceiving.
She will be better off getting it appraised , there are many people that does that for a living for older cars and make sure they have some type of history not some Joe blow.

The Truth
post #7 of 11 Old 07-07-2012, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech5 View Post
She will be better off getting it appraised , there are many people that does that for a living for older cars and make sure they have some type of history not some Joe blow.
I know this is not what your talking about but insurance appraised it at $40k. I know its not worth anywhere close to that. :headshake
post #8 of 11 Old 07-08-2012, 04:52 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

if insurance put it at $40k, I would say street value is probably $20k. Thats without really knowing anything about the car though. Thing about it though, Barrett-Jackson has done a nice job inflating the shit out of Muscle Cars too. These cars are what people are willing to pay for them at this point and at what point someone is willing to let go of them

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #9 of 11 Old 07-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Do not post this on the camaro boards. Someone will go buy it before you. You also have your location on avatar.

15 Camaro Z/28
16 BMW M5
Former bikes: 07 R1/08 10R/10 S1000rr/11 10R
post #10 of 11 Old 07-09-2012, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Do not post this on the camaro boards. Someone will go buy it before you. You also have your location on avatar.
I'm not trying to buy it. I'm trying to help her sell it without her getting too ripped off. I was just putting it on here to get some dialogue started about it. Maybe learn a thing or two before I put it on the CamEro boards and feed the sharks!!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in