need advice on trade - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 11-15-2010, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

need advice on trade

so....due to shoulder surgery 3 times, my shoulder is f**ked and it is very difficult for me to enjoy my bike for more than 10 to 15 minutes at a time, and i think i've decided to get rid of my bike for the time being for a year or two until im able to enjoy riding again. so here's the trade someone wants to do with me.

here's my bike.
https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95767

and this is the car someone wants to trade me as an even trade.

PRICE IS $6,000 OBO

It is an Aztec red 1990 2+2 twin turbo. I recently swapped a JDM motor in over the winter with a built bottom end. Motor has 9,000 miles on it, and the turbos were completely rebuilt 3,000 miles ago. All brand new gaskets, Stage 1 southbend clutch, Z1 short throw, brass bushings, new throwout bearing, hardpiping, Blitz BOV's, HOWE radiator, FMIC, Hallman boost controller, Stage 3 ECU, Coolant bypass, and fuel hardline deletes. Brand new upper plenum gasket, brand new valve cover gaskets, wiseco pistons, eagle rods, the list goes on. There is a 144k on the chassis. THE BAD: Check engine light is currently on for Coolant temp sensor circuit. Compression is 160 across the board, injectors are all ohmed to spec. Price is 6k. I will be taking offers though, I do have about $10,000 invested in the swap alone. Reason I am selling is because I need to stop investing money in this car and invest it in college instead.

tell me what you guys think, i will be back on a ten soon!! but for now i want to enjoy my toy and not have it collecting dust in the garage. i just dont like that there is 140 thousand on the body, but i looked and there are alot of these cars with over 100,000 miles on them, i guess thats what you get with an older car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 11-15-2010, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

some pix he texted me

post #3 of 12 Old 11-16-2010, 06:07 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

sweet car

team FTP
Area p, zx14 nissins and mc
Riflemans 1/5. -1 +1 sprockets w/chrome ek zzz. galfer lines. K&n.,ultra custom black front fender // over 55k miles
post #4 of 12 Old 11-16-2010, 06:21 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I love the Fairlady Z but not in that color. I'd trade if the motor work is good. sounds like the 10 is no good to you anyway
post #5 of 12 Old 11-16-2010, 06:34 AM
Blitzkrieg

Posting Frequency

thats a little over 7k miles per year. as long as it has not had the sh!t wrecked out of it, i wouldnt worry about the miles. only issue i would have, with anything built or re-built, you never are really sure of what you are getting. bottom line is, what are you going to enjoy the most for your money???

"There is always time to think about what you want to do,
Until it comes time to start doing what you were meant to do."

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.~unknown~

"The true test of a mans character is how he treats someone, from whom he has nothing to gain"

"It's the things that people don't know about themselves on the inside, that make them afraid"
post #6 of 12 Old 11-16-2010, 06:53 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

if your bike is paid for then why sell it so what if it sit there for a lil while till your better

lotta newbies, where did all the regulars go?
post #7 of 12 Old 11-16-2010, 07:24 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I dont like the fact that the check engine light is on for a coolant temp sensor! You have thousands and thousands of dollars put in the motor but you cant replace a temp coolant sensor? Dont make sense to me.... point being the the CE light can be a diff problem that you dont know of. Just my 2cts.

Marchesini Magnesiums,Nassert beet,kawi cam,.45 headgasket,DJ PC/Ig.M/QS,velocity stacks,bmc race,gipro,sato rearsets,helibars,throttlemeisters,pazzo shorties,speedohealer,520 renthal sprockets,penske 8393 double clicker,traxxion dynamic springs,scotts stabilizer,lsl frame sliders,cox radiator guard,powerbronze hugger,puig DB,solo seat cover,Valentine1,dual low beam projectors,55w.hids, brembo superbike rotors,Goodridge superbike lines,nissin calipers and rizoma mirrors,mda123 battery.
post #8 of 12 Old 11-16-2010, 07:42 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

+1

****Giiiiiiiiittttttuuuurrrdooonnneee****
post #9 of 12 Old 11-16-2010, 08:45 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I agree the check engine light is a flag for me...They need to fix that before I would even think of a trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjeR View Post
I'm glad I'm a stripper, the money keeps coming in! lol
post #10 of 12 Old 11-16-2010, 09:23 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Those are pretty sweet cars. If i'm not mistaken its got four wheel steering right? My parents had the R/T stealth (only other car in that fairlady's class, other than Mitsu 3000 vr4 <same car as the stealth>) and it was ridiculous in the corners. VERY fun and fast, but when a deer or person jumps in front of you going 45+ mph, any emergency maneuver is very dangerous! You have to be on your game with that 4 wheel steering madness......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in