Myrtle Beach Bike Week No More....... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 01-13-2009, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Myrtle Beach Bike Week No More.......

Well I just got this info, and it's pretty much being past all around the Southeast here. I think they have officially killed Bike Week in Myrtle. And, if you read through this, it's talking about Atlantic Beach too.

http://www.myrtlebeachbikerinfo.com/message.html

Plus this is saying no Harley Week either. I don't know what to think.

"Be kind and courteous to everyone you come in contact with but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 01-13-2009, 05:51 PM
MIdlife PIMP

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to bodymanruss518
that blows!,......with the way the economy is,..you would think they would be sendding out a smioke signal inviting all of to come spend money instead of turning thier noses up at out our vacation dollars!!......I also heard that if people do show up this year, johnny law was gonna make it so miserable that you will probably wanna just leave anyway!

June and July are the major vacation months. I bet those 3 weeks are filled with silence along with a big fat drop in revenue!

this is BS,............was hoping to go this year since Daytona is so much further away!

Better to have a gun and not need one, than to need a gun and not have one!!.......

you can lose money chasing women, but,......
you'll never lose women chasing money!!....

Last edited by bodymanruss518; 01-13-2009 at 06:01 PM.
post #3 of 19 Old 01-13-2009, 05:58 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodymanruss518 View Post
that blows!,......with the way the economy is,..you would think they would be sendding out a smioke signal inviting all of to come spend money instead of turning thier noses up at out our vacation dollars!!......I also heard that if people do show up this year, johnny law was gonna make it so miserable that you will probably wanna just leave anyway!
The laws there are ridiculous now, as are their choice as a "flourishing community" Might as well fill every square inch with old people retirement homes and just send all the elderly there. Hopefully, another city will pick up on the opportunity to make their community more wealthy and bring more business in by adopting bike week. It is shame what a few people with power can do...

2007 SE ZX10-R

BMC Race filter
Power Commander III
GiPro ATRE
"Moto GP" shift
Muzzy full system
Delrin frame sliders
Delrin swing arm spools
Hotbodies clear DB windscreen
Pazzo shorty levers
ZX-14 front calipers
Galfer front and rear stainless steel brake lines
Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert
Speedking adjustable rearsets (anodized red)
Pro grip 724 red grips
+2 rear stealth sprocket
6000k HID kit
post #4 of 19 Old 01-13-2009, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Yep,

They are making it hard for bikers period. Did you read the new rules and regulations. :headshake

No loud mufflers. No straight pipes. No revving of engines or excessive noise.
(Now we know they are going to bother anyone with a pipe regaurdless, just because they can)

Everyone on a motorcycle must wear a safety helmet and protective eyewear (glasses, goggles, face shield, etc.) at all times while the cycle is moving.
(Now I'm OK with this, but I know some people are going to flip out. How can you say this, when the STATE law allows you to ride without it.)

No more than two motorcycles allowed in a public parking space.
WTF, you would think they would be ok with more than 2 motorcycles in a parking spot, leaves more spaces for cages.

"Be kind and courteous to everyone you come in contact with but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

Last edited by Shawng2020; 01-13-2009 at 06:01 PM.
post #5 of 19 Old 01-13-2009, 06:00 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to hotfocuson18s
wowwwwwww. that is crazy. both bike weeks canceled... and if you do go, they got stupid rules to make you not wanna go.. wow. A wasted reservation for SportBike Week. Glad I can cancel and not have to pay...

Wow, this is amazing.

Women... Smarter than you think... BUT... not as smart as they think THEY are!!!! "Danny Glover, Death at a Funeral" (a must see film)
post #6 of 19 Old 01-13-2009, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

[email protected]*k, I just remembered, now I got to call the damn Hotel, I had damn reservations at the Coral Beach Resort.

Lets see how this goes, I better not get charged a damn thing on my card either.

post #7 of 19 Old 01-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by killersrt View Post
The laws there are ridiculous now, as are their choice as a "flourishing community" Might as well fill every square inch with old people retirement homes and just send all the elderly there. Hopefully, another city will pick up on the opportunity to make their community more wealthy and bring more business in by adopting bike week. It is shame what a few people with power can do...

I have never been and was hoping to go this year. Bad move on their part. i am sure another close by city will pick up on this and create their own bike week. Every day it seems like every day us bikers have a new battle to face.

Mods: Clear alternatives integrated tail light,Lsl frame sliders,Asv shorty levers,M4 gp style slip(for now),speigler steel braided lines,Bazzaz Zfi,600k HID
post #8 of 19 Old 01-13-2009, 06:23 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawng2020 View Post
[email protected]*k, I just remembered, now I got to call the damn Hotel, I had damn reservations at the Coral Beach Resort.

Lets see how this goes, I better not get charged a damn thing on my card either.
yeah, can't believe this. glad i didnt reserve anything. it's probably the last time ill ever go to myrtle beach.

One who trades essential liberty for temporary safety deserves neither.
post #9 of 19 Old 01-13-2009, 06:33 PM
can we ride yet!?!?!?

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colwin View Post
I have never been and was hoping to go some year.
i thought about wanting to go from time to time. thats as far as i've gotten. i i gotta wait for it to get setup in another location now.

this has been rumored for awhile.....any word on an alternative location?
post #10 of 19 Old 01-13-2009, 07:07 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Nah, they aren't discriminating or stereotyping at all-
Some stuff from the FAQ page below.

Question:
If the city doesn’t want special events, why do the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce and other organizers promote events like the Sun Fun Festival, the Myrtle Beach Marathon, or the Canadian-American Days Festival?

Part of the answer:
Those events also do not result in increased crime, traffic wrecks and fatalities.

Q: Myrtle Beach is a tourist destination. It seems strange that such a destination would decide it doesn’t want tourists, doesn’t it?

Part of the answer:

If the motorcycle rallies were such a great benefit for our area, it would seem that other communities would compete for them and try to move them to their towns, much like national conventions. So far, that hasn’t happened. Ask yourself… would your community welcome three weeks of motorcycle rallies with hundreds of thousands of participants and the resulting noise, litter, lewdness, crime, traffic congestion, reckless driving, accidents, injuries, and deaths? Probably not.

(I guess they weren't including Sturgis or Daytona in that question.
Also Honda ended the Hoot, not Knoxville wheere it moved after out growing Asheville.
Lake George NY does okay with their rallies.
Even the areas around Deal's Gap and TWO aren't THAT stupid. Maybe a little aggressive with enforcement but no flat out ban....yet.
How about South Beach and the freakin' hip hop weekend, or the Keys with Fantasy Fest or New Orleans with Mardi Gras.... no problems there to deal with.)

Three weeks of Rallies, boo hoo. Daytona deals with The Daytona 500, BikeWeek, AND Spring Break all in a row. And Biketoberfest in Oct. Sure they get a little tired of it but they are smart enough to take advantage of it. Plus racing made Daytona known so they deal with it and make reasonable rules.

Also from the FAQ page.
The city will not allow motorcycle trailer parking on public rights-of-way within the city limits, nor at large,

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Snow machines create snow on ski slopes. Just sayin'

Last edited by ZX10Miami; 01-13-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in