My Sunday ride story. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 09-27-2010, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

My Sunday ride story.

So I worked all day and night Saturday, and was determined to ride Sunday! So put a who's riding thing on my FB. A couple guys responded I had talked to before at a couple of spots. They were riding down south to hit some curves to a motorcycle parts flea market kinda deal. I said WTF and rode up to meet them. For some reason it was pretty cold so I wasn't going to test myself on cold roads. Well we left and they wanted me to lead but I just let them lead, because I was tired from work. There were 3 slow cars and we passed them on a passing dotted line keeping a decent pace. Then a wrecker was towing a car and had cars behind it 10 deep with 2 Harleys in front of us. Next thing I know they pass everything on a double yellow line into a blind corner!!! I was just blown away!!! I have kids to take care of so I'm not too damn brave like that! Then the Harley guys waive me to get next to them? I thought well ok? Next thing I know one flips out a badge and yells at me to pull over.... I was like oh here we go f----! So I pull over and he is pissed yelling at me? He said for me to take him to where my friends were heading. I said man I'm just out for a ride and these guys invited me. He said BS and for me to lead him to my friends. Well I said ok.... He starts following me and the next turn I leave him and his friend on some farm roads back to town. Seriously WTF? I just said screw it and went to Hooters! lol

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/99a6ceeb
^Magazine my bike is in^
Facebook 465motorsports
Sponsors-Core Moto, Indy Ducati, 465 Motorsports, Seats By Tommy, Blingrockets, Sportbike Lights, Pro Kote Indy, True Finish, Indy Ducati.
Wrecked. Body mods; broken shoulder, #2-#12 ribs broken, 2 leg fractures, 2 broken teeth, broken wrist, road rash, 3 day coma.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

I was reading a story in this months "sport rider" mag about a guy here in socal who was run off the road by a group of sportbikers who subsequently rode by giving him the middle finger as he lay in the dirt.

Exactly why i hate to ride in groups, they are not all bad, but there are some assholes/idiots out there. id prefer to hang with one or two guys that i know well or go by myself.

Im glad it wasnt too bad for you Kabooki, they could have gotten you into serious trouble. Its funny that the cop asked you where they were going, like 1. you would rat on them (friends or not) and 2. like he was going to "beat them up" lol.

-I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
post #3 of 12 Old 09-27-2010, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Well for one I really didn't know where this thing was at. Second I didn't want to waste my time on this guy. Third I didn't know these guys I rode with too well so I really didn't care to catch up with them. I've been riding motorcycles for a long time, and I didn't really have anything to prove.
It was cold, and I was tired. So rather than put up with everyones crap I just went to the awesome facility of Hooters to relax watching my Texans lose, eat a hot ham/cheese, and drink my 1 tastey Coors light. lol Then headed home.
Yes I wanted to ride, but some times you know when to throw in the towel.

^Magazine my bike is in^
Facebook 465motorsports
Sponsors-Core Moto, Indy Ducati, 465 Motorsports, Seats By Tommy, Blingrockets, Sportbike Lights, Pro Kote Indy, True Finish, Indy Ducati.
Wrecked. Body mods; broken shoulder, #2-#12 ribs broken, 2 leg fractures, 2 broken teeth, broken wrist, road rash, 3 day coma.
post #4 of 12 Old 09-27-2010, 07:58 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I dont blame you a bit. I ride with some younger riders from time to time that want to ride harder on the street than I do so I just let em go. It is not an ability thing its a not riding stupid thing. I try not to pass on a DY if at all possible. As far as the JA on the harldly goes I would have ask him what I did for him to pull me over and then told him to go catch them himself if he thought he could and leave me alone.

2000 WR400 SM, 2004 KTM 300EXC, 2005 1800 Wing, 2006 ZX10R, 2017 ZX10R
post #5 of 12 Old 09-27-2010, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanstreak5 View Post
I dont blame you a bit. I ride with some younger riders from time to time that want to ride harder on the street than I do so I just let em go. It is not an ability thing its a not riding stupid thing. I try not to pass on a DY if at all possible. As far as the JA on the harldly goes I would have ask him what I did for him to pull me over and then told him to go catch them himself if he thought he could and leave me alone.
Ya I know but I don't argue. I just agree then do what I want. It was a cop pissed off wanting to screw with me because people I rode with pissed him off. Like I said I turned left off on a road and just went on. There was no way he could slow down enough to make the turm to get me. I'm old enough to know better but young enough to ride like hell! lol

^Magazine my bike is in^
Facebook 465motorsports
post #6 of 12 Old 09-27-2010, 08:31 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I prolly would have done the same thing. It really burns me up when some jerk wants to give you a hard time just because you are on a sport bike. I guess he felt all big and bad flashing his badge. I would have got his name a filed a harassment complaint. It should have been obvious that you weren't going to join the other bikes in riding like a fool. It does feel good to twist the screw and leave em in the dust. I know a few crowds that he wouldn't have wanted to be led into, not the smartest of moves to ask to be led some where when you are planning to get all big and bad cop or not.

post #7 of 12 Old 09-27-2010, 09:31 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabooki View Post
So I worked all day and night Saturday, and was determined to ride Sunday! So put a who's riding thing on my FB. A couple guys responded I had talked to before at a couple of spots. They were riding down south to hit some curves to a motorcycle parts flea market kinda deal. I said WTF and rode up to meet them. For some reason it was pretty cold so I wasn't going to test myself on cold roads. Well we left and they wanted me to lead but I just let them lead, because I was tired from work. There were 3 slow cars and we passed them on a passing dotted line keeping a decent pace. Then a wrecker was towing a car and had cars behind it 10 deep with 2 Harleys in front of us. Next thing I know they pass everything on a double yellow line into a blind corner!!! I was just blown away!!! I have kids to take care of so I'm not too damn brave like that! Then the Harley guys waive me to get next to them? I thought well ok? Next thing I know one flips out a badge and yells at me to pull over.... I was like oh here we go f----! So I pull over and he is pissed yelling at me? He said for me to take him to where my friends were heading. I said man I'm just out for a ride and these guys invited me. He said BS and for me to lead him to my friends. Well I said ok.... He starts following me and the next turn I leave him and his friend on some farm roads back to town. Seriously WTF? I just said screw it and went to Hooters! lol
He's abusing his power, since you were not involved in anything illegal, including a traffic infraction. Plus, he has no legal basis for employing you to lead to them, unless he wants to get his ass off that noise machine and get a warrant from a judge - doubt it.. I'd tell him where he can go.

Watch out, he may friend you on your Facebook!

Last edited by STurner; 09-27-2010 at 10:03 PM.
post #8 of 12 Old 09-27-2010, 09:57 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Well at least you were cordial enough humor him and pull over. No flaying lights, sirens, marked vehicle, I don't pull over on my bike, car or truck. I don't care if the person is in full uniform flashing a badge or not.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
post #9 of 12 Old 09-27-2010, 10:14 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

you know i see people riding like I THINK is crazy and in my head i call em all kinds of names. I have someone endanger me and i get pissed and want to tell em how i feel, or even educate them. As i see it the officer was pissed and is used to pulling people over, power thing, but for him to screw with you i think is stupid. i prolly would of pulled over too, then when i heard what he had to say i would play dumb. Couldn't disrespect unless he was threatening my danger.
post #10 of 12 Old 09-28-2010, 06:42 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Just because your a cop doesn't give you the right to pull someone over and start yelling at them. A police officer is a public servant and if he/she cant act in a respectful manner they don't deserve to have a badge. I dont think kabooki broke any laws in front of the self appointed law man, at least before he pulled him over. I would have been pissed at the other riders for making a dangerous move too but will not put up with some jerk trying to impress his friend by yelling at me. I guess flashing the badge was the only way he could catch a sportbike.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in