My Highschool buddy KIA in AFghanistan - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 06-30-2010, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

My Highschool buddy KIA in AFghanistan

My highschool budd Benjamin Osborn was killed a few weeks ago in Afghanistan. It has taken me a little while to want to write anything because this news took a pretty big toll on me. Ben was one of my closer friends growing up through highschool. Honestly he was the nicest guy I have ever met. He loved all and was loved by everyone. I did not know one person he didn't get along with or they didn't get along with him. When we finished highschool I enlisted in the AF and he just stuck around back home. Everytime I would come home and we met up he would always ask what is like and what not. Well about 4 years after HS he enlists in the ARMY. I tried convincing him to try a different MOS other than infantry but he would not have it any other way. So here we are a few years later and I get the news that he was killed. Ben just got married back in February to his wife Nicole. I never got to meet the woman because I was deployed during the time he got married. I have never been so heartbroken for someone in my life. Not to mention nearly a total stranger. She is a stand up woman. Made it a point to let everyone know his story and the terrible news. From what is released his platoon of 20 was engaged by nearly 100 Afghan warriors. There is some controversy on the Rules of Engagement. I have attached a news link where Ben's father emailed Generel Patraeus and his response. I am not going into that much because I think it is absolute bullshit what we have to do to engage enemies. This is not the thread to get heavy on that please. Ben volunteered to man the gun on the Humvee. He ended up taking a bullet to the clavicle, I am guessing it had to been closer to his throat. I pray quite a bit that he didn't suffer and he took out as many as those mother fuckers that he could! I am writing this here because I know alot of our forum members are military. Maybe some of you knew him? I know its a big army but a few of you guys are over there. He was a great friend and is truely an American hero. I love you Ben and look after your fellow brothers in harms way!

The link to his fathers interview dealing with ROE: http://www.wten.com/Global/story.asp?S=12729307

Some pics of his service: http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/osbor...ueensbury.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 06-30-2010, 11:50 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I'm very sorry to hear. Dealing with the loss of a loved one is never easy. My thoughts and prayers are with all the friends and family.

"You can't trust anyone, not even your own asshole; sometimes you think you're gonna fart and you sh*t."
post #3 of 27 Old 06-30-2010, 12:50 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Sorry for your loss.

GEN 4: Brembo HP calipers, Brembo HP T-Drive Rotors, Brembo RCS master cylinder, Fren Tubo SS lines, re-valved Ohlins damper, Ohlins TTX shock, Yoshimura case covers/frame sliders, Yoshimura 3/4 R77D Ti exhaust, BMC filter, Puig DB, Renthal Clip ons/sprockets, attack rearsets, Guhl flash, kawi kit throttle, Ballistic EVO2 8 cell, Annitori RL quick shifter, Dunlop rubber.
post #4 of 27 Old 06-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

I am sorry to hear about your loss and it always sucks when the nation looses another son. Those scumbags that your buddies platoon were fighting were not warriors, they are cowards that refuse to engage unless they know our reactions are restricted.

-I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
post #5 of 27 Old 06-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Sorry for your loss bro. I live in the Saratoga region and it was a sad week for the communtity to see two local soldiers get killed in one week. They took the ultimate sacrifice for our nation and my heart completely goes out to their family and friends. Everytime I see a soldier I try to thank them for what they are doing for us.

2009 ZX-10R SE
post #6 of 27 Old 06-30-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm here WAY too much..

Posting Frequency

Sorry to hear about that man. Def very sad when that happens..

Quote:
Originally Posted by miykl View Post
"Put your brain in gear, b4 you put your mouth in motion."
post #7 of 27 Old 06-30-2010, 01:26 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

It's sad that this has happened to so many families. It really sucks that the lawyers and politicians are the ones that come up with the ROE. I think that if we are in a war then we need to be in it to win it. War is a very ugly thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjeR View Post
I'm glad I'm a stripper, the money keeps coming in! lol
post #8 of 27 Old 06-30-2010, 01:46 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

im sorry for your loss

BOOM!!! SHAKE AND BAKE
post #9 of 27 Old 06-30-2010, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine11 View Post
Sorry for your loss bro. I live in the Saratoga region and it was a sad week for the communtity to see two local soldiers get killed in one week. They took the ultimate sacrifice for our nation and my heart completely goes out to their family and friends. Everytime I see a soldier I try to thank them for what they are doing for us.
I heard about the other Solidier. Ben was the first one killed from our area of NY and then the following week another. It was a hard time back there. I tried flying back but due to the service it did not work out. From what I was told his motorcade was out of this world. It was amazing to see the support of the local community for these two hero's.
post #10 of 27 Old 06-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
I always hate to hear about the loss of another one of our guys.......dammit!!! just wish this shit was all over with so they could bring everyone back home to their families where they belong!!!!

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in