My first kill on the 10R - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 06-20-2007, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
welds like he has palsy

Posting Frequency

My first kill on the 10R

Well, some buddies and I were taking a nice gentle cruise on the highway the other night and a new Mustang came rolling up next to us. I don't know what mods were on that thing, but it sounded like a beast. We ended up next to each other and the passenger was looking at me. We were probably cruising along at around 55 - 60 mph. I usually don't fall for this because I know the bike will win, but I couldn't resist this time. I probably just needed to get a kill on the new bike. Well anyway, you guys know the rest of the story. He punched it and I was just staring at him, sitting up, while rolling back the throttle....not even trying! I then towed it down a couple, leaned forward, and bye bye Mustang!

My top speed probably didn't even get that high. It didn't take long to put him in my mirrors. I quickly backed off and he tried it again.

Anyway, we exit the highway and get to a light and they were yelling "Good race!" and other stupid stuff. The driver asked if it was a ZX14 and the passenger leaned out and took a look. He told the driver it was a 10R. Hell, they wouldn't have had a chance with a 6R.

Anyway, my first kill....and probably my last. I like curves more than straight line speed, but I couldn't resist last night....

Quote:
Originally Posted by green10 View Post
speakers on a zx10 is like shitting in your bathwater!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-20-2007, 01:57 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Nice...I had a guy roll up on next to me quick with his 350Z, I was leaning on the tank, just kind of sat up and patted the tank and pointed out front of us. He just shook his head and dropped back a bit. That to me was better than winning the damn race. LOL

Three things that don't remain hidden for long, the moon, the sun and the truth!
post #3 of 11 Old 06-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Green Hippie

Posting Frequency

you crazy kids be careful out there racin' cages

VAE VICTUS!

RIP James R Patterson 6/3/30-5/26/09
post #4 of 11 Old 06-20-2007, 05:00 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I love having one arm on the tank and in 6th gear when someone comes by you staring like you can't beat them and then you just roll on the throttle a little, with your arm still on the tank. I think it is hillarious. God I love my bike!

We're all getting older but not growing up.....

NESBA #58
STT #58
2006 GSXR 600
2006 BLACK ZX-10R - SOLD
2004 ZX-6R 636 - SOLD
post #5 of 11 Old 06-20-2007, 11:54 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I was out in my 68 Camaro(850 HP) and a guy pulled up on a 10 and wanted to race. I told my wife I would not do it becuase if anything goes wrong I could run him over. He slid as he took off and almost went down in front of me. Thank god I didn't do it.

Good win and like said, Be carefull!
post #6 of 11 Old 06-21-2007, 02:34 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I get that urge at times but I always worry about the safety of others on the road so it's always a no go for me.Great kill btw.
post #7 of 11 Old 06-21-2007, 01:08 PM
The Movie Goer!

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to ZiG 9th
Sounds like the time i raced this black corvette last spring. Actually i raced this guy twice on the same highway. The first time i was on the 83south bound coming home from my place where i get my graphix done. I was just tom cruising along not going fast at all. Mind you i think this guy seen me before i seen him. So he hopped over in the slow lane to wait for me to catch up. So i finally catch up to him not even tryin just in my cruise mode. I didn't even notice him until i got like a few cars away. I was just thinkin to myself wow thatz a nice Vette not even thinkin about racing him. But as soon as i got beside him he looked over at me, he had his game face on. This dude was ready for me like he woke up in the morning and knew he was gonna race a bike that day or somethin? I wasn't up for the race b/c i was still breaking the bike in, it only had like 400miles on it, and i was just tryin to take it easy on it until i got the first service done. But somehow he baited me in. We were crusin side by side for like 1min i guess he was sizing me up? Then he just took off on me! I said daaamn! I can't let him do me like this! Took off after him but i forgot to down shift! By that time it was too late, he had me on the platter! lol!! Tryin to take off like a bat out of hell in 6th gear is hopeless when ur in cruise control mode.

So a month later i'm cruising north bound on this same highway. " 83 north" This time itz a different story bike is serviced, i got the 16t front sprocket on , i got my game face on! I'm ready for whatever! Guess who i see again? Go figure I see the same guy in the black corvette! I couldn't believe it! He was ahead of me up in traffic. But i think this time we both spotted each other at the same time? I said ohhh there goes my boy! I'm ready for him now! So he goes thru some changes to get over in the slow lane. I move up thru traffic and push my way up to get beside him. I immediately drop gears!!!! B/c i already know what its hittin for this time! Did a little quick surge ahead to let him know i'm ready! Next thing you know it was on an poppin! Put him to bed early!!! It was like Tyson vs. Spinks back in '88! Didn't even break a sweat! It was over before it even got started! haha!

It was pretty fun! I dunno what it is but these guys with these fast cars love to race sportbikes for some reason? I guess they wanna see how fast their cars are? I guess they assume that are bikes are faster and if they can beat or almost beat a bike than they have somethin? Thatz the conclusion i came to.
post #8 of 11 Old 06-22-2007, 04:31 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I love smoking cars!!!!

Opinions are like ASSHOLES, everyone has one!
post #9 of 11 Old 06-22-2007, 06:45 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP636 View Post
Well, some buddies and I were taking a nice gentle cruise on the highway the other night and a new Mustang came rolling up next to us. I don't know what mods were on that thing, but it sounded like a beast. We ended up next to each other and the passenger was looking at me. We were probably cruising along at around 55 - 60 mph. I usually don't fall for this because I know the bike will win, but I couldn't resist this time. I probably just needed to get a kill on the new bike. Well anyway, you guys know the rest of the story. He punched it and I was just staring at him, sitting up, while rolling back the throttle....not even trying! I then towed it down a couple, leaned forward, and bye bye Mustang!

My top speed probably didn't even get that high. It didn't take long to put him in my mirrors. I quickly backed off and he tried it again.

Anyway, we exit the highway and get to a light and they were yelling "Good race!" and other stupid stuff. The driver asked if it was a ZX14 and the passenger leaned out and took a look. He told the driver it was a 10R. Hell, they wouldn't have had a chance with a 6R.

Anyway, my first kill....and probably my last. I like curves more than straight line speed, but I couldn't resist last night....
Whatever helps to boost your ego there squid!

J/K, that guy had it comin. Poor soul was just too high strung......

Hell yeah it's fast..........DUMBASS!

CMRA Novice #921
Chaos Racing BBE #78
post #10 of 11 Old 06-23-2007, 12:11 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Nobody wants to race me on the 10R, except other literbikes.

I had a guy smoke me bad on my 98 Speed Triple, though. That bike had about 100 hp and topped out at about 153. No fairings.

My buddy on his GSXR 600 was getting ready to race some redneck in a blown and sprayed something or other. It looked like an old Chevy II. I knew my bike was slower than that Gixxer so I wanted my turn first. I blew in between them in third and ran it up to redline in third, fourth, and fifth. Just after I had shifted to sixth I look over and that car is dead even with me. He hits the spray and blows the back tires loose doing over 140, no joke. Pulled in front and I just shut it down.
My buddy came up behind me on the Gixxer, I shook my head like "I don't have nothing for him" and let them two race. The 600 beat him easy. Daniel just took it to 165 and the other guy couldn't catch him.

So where is that car at now that I've got the 10R? I wish I knew.

Proper lubrication is the solution to 90% of life's problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in