my dilemma... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 08-31-2012, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

my dilemma...

I shut my company down last Friday....tried to be an honest company in a dishonest business and I failed...

We were doing loan modification document preparation and foreclosure sale delays for homeowners...

Lost $250K and wiped me out...

So been going on interviews the last 2 - 3 weeks and all these loan mod companies are shlock shops...and most don't want to hire me....I ran the company (even though I had a sale manager and 5 app takers under me)...plus my age 66.

So one guy put me on (commission only 1099) and then I found out the commission he tells me in the interview is different than what is in his agreement. (he forgot they deduct $1,000 off the top.

Then after 4 days, I hear all his people telling prospects they're approved before they even get their documents in....and taking on clients with DTI (debt ratio) way outside of guidelines....they're just selling sheit and lying to people. Owner sends me an e-mail today, it's not working out...after 4 days...come in and get your stuff.

So I need a job...and I don't think it's in this industry...I can't collect unemployment as I haven't had W-2 income in a year and a half...

Here's my biography - let me know if you can refer me someplace....all I need is a couple thousand a month to keep my head above water...or maybe I should keep it underwater, given what I've been through...LOL

Biography on Steve Benjamin

A California native, Steve grew up in Pacific Palisades, surrounded by actors and writers such as Richard Boone, Gregory Peck, Jerry Lewis and Rod Serling…all living within a three-block radius of his home located two blocks from the Riviera Country Club. Don’t get the wrong idea, though….his parents bought the property before the area became a screen actors guild haven. His upbringing was modest with a father owning an auto parts business.

After high school graduation, he left home to travel across town to Cal Poly, Pomona where he earned a BS degree in Marketing, with a minor in Engineering. Twelve months later, he was graduated from USC with an MBA in Finance and Management.

Steve started his career path in sales and marketing management with several stints in the consumer electronics industry, ending up as a Regional Marketing Director for CBS.

He then made a career change into Product Management with a position at Rainbird, the world’s largest sprinkler company. In his 5 years there, he developed very innovative products that more than tripled the company’s sales. He also proposed, developed and introduced products manufactured in Japan, Taiwan and Mexico. Steve steered the company into completely new products and markets for Rainbird which included self-watering planters, drip irrigation, fertilizer, plant food, and consumer direct mail distribution. He was so successful utilizing package goods marketing techniques, that he became a product development/marketing research consultant with Rainbird as his largest client. Other clients of the new partnership he formed with Gene Taylor, were Mazda, Fleetwood Industries, Mitsubishi Motors, FHP and others.

He was then tapped for a high level Corporate Planning position with Farr Company, directing this $70 million public company. Later Steve joined sporting goods firms Dahon and Weatherby as Chief Sales and Marketing executive positions, managing a national rep sales force and directing a $1 million + ad budget.

He met up with a gifted diving expert, and decided to try his luck in a new venture, forming Vortex Undersea International. Together, he and Stan Sanders wrote a business plan, raised venture capital and ran this very high tech diving equipment operation. Their first product, the Vortex Cobra was an extremely low drag molded Buoyancy Compensator that was developed from the same material that NASA used for astronauts space suits.

The company failed in the mid 90’s recession forcing him into bankruptcy. At the same time, his wife died of alcoholism and his mother developed Alzheimer’s. Steve spent two years taking care of her.

He returned to Orange county broke, looking for work. Unfortunately no one would hire a fellow who started his own company and he ended up doing $10 an hour temp customer service work. This developed into a stint at Gallup Polls where he became the number one telephone survey producer out of 150 Irvine Center interviewers. After a bit, some of his former Gallup fellows steered him into the mortgage industry where he went from Loan Officer (Ameriquest), to Senior Loan Officer (Novistar), ending up as Manager – Secondary Marketing (HelpUFinance).

The rapid decline of the mortgage industry resulted in another former colleague introducing him with the start-up venture TaxReliefASAP and Rodis Law Group where he set up shop doing resolution of tax debt and loan mods. That ended when Steve determined the company was defrauding clients.

He started doing loan mods for The Mod Squad and switched to Foreclosure Sale Delay with the same company when SB 94 was passed in October 2009. In January 2011, he set up his own shop - Homeowner Advocates for Loan Mod Doc Prep and Access Consumer Services for Foreclosure Sale Delay services.

Steve has the highest energy level imaginable with interests in fast sportbikes (done 175 mph and ridden several local racetracks), hard core bicycling (Orange County Wheelmen), breath hold free diving, advanced open water Scuba diving and flying (single engine land). He hates golf and any sedentary activities. His TV regularly collects dust.

Steve currently resides in Newport Beach a few blocks from the ocean he comfortably visits on a regular basis. He has two kids – a daughter in federal government, and a son who drives for UPS. He can be reached at nine four nine-228-1050 or s.benjamin7 at gmail.com.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 08-31-2012, 09:01 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

There's a lot of manufacturing that hasn't abandoned cali yet in that area. I would look into some sort of manufacturing supervisor job. I work for B Braun in Irvine and we always have openings in this areas, its stable, and meets your financial needs. If you look up the website and find something you are interested in, I'll vouch for you to HR. I'm no 'big shot' in the company, but as a former navy nuke and sub vet, there's a fair amount of respect for endorsement. Not that you need it with your history.

Good luck, head up!
post #3 of 17 Old 08-31-2012, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastViking View Post
There's a lot of manufacturing that hasn't abandoned cali yet in that area. I would look into some sort of manufacturing supervisor job. I work for B Braun in Irvine and we always have openings in this areas, its stable, and meets your financial needs. If you look up the website and find something you are interested in, I'll vouch for you to HR. I'm no 'big shot' in the company, but as a former navy nuke and sub vet, there's a fair amount of respect for endorsement. Not that you need it with your history.

Good luck, head up!
I just checked the website and didn't see any career openings drop down...

Just current employees, career professionals and internships....

any other place they have listings..?

post #4 of 17 Old 08-31-2012, 09:10 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

http://www.bbraunusa.com/8083.html

The website is not laid out so well. Should have linked it sooner, my bad.
post #5 of 17 Old 08-31-2012, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
http://www.bbraunusa.com/8083.html

The website is not laid out so well. Should have linked it sooner, my bad.
Thanks would have never seen that....their site sucks...

post #6 of 17 Old 08-31-2012, 09:20 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Glancing at the openings, I think you'd be a great fit for a project manager, or a director. Not having pharma experience is an obvious issue, but your history across different disciplines shows more than enough understanding of the required management principles and ethics.
post #7 of 17 Old 08-31-2012, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Glancing at the openings, I think you'd be a great fit for a project manager, or a director. Not having pharma experience is an obvious issue, but your history across different disciplines shows more than enough understanding of the required management principles and ethics.
Where is that in there...I didn't see it...

post #8 of 17 Old 08-31-2012, 09:41 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

post #9 of 17 Old 08-31-2012, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Second one came up ....first and third didn't...

post #10 of 17 Old 08-31-2012, 10:00 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

On my phone, sorry. Will fix at home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in