My day... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 08-12-2012, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

My day...

So as some of you know, i had to replace my valve cover gasket, and due to the fact that I had to order the part, then go on a business trip, so I didn't have a chance to do it for about 10 days.

Saturday-Got to working on the bike around 6pm, finished and fired her up around 11pm, and got all the final touches done around midnight.
she went from this

TO THIS

So today, decided that I was gonna take her out for a nice gentle ride

had to go to Lowes first so i could grab 2 bolts for the lil side panels under the seat, as the ones i had were too long.

Took about 5 min to get it taken care of, ready to rock

Started out real nice, but got out into the country, and i guess my wrist just got tired and heavy, because i kept twisting it more and more.
Made it down to the river which was about a 30 mile ride through the twisty stuff from Lowes

I ride down there often, but have never crossed the river so I decided i'd do something different today

Made it across safely, and started off on the 50 mile loop back home...So about 15 min down the road, i came up behind a group of cars going about 50 in a 55...i was like "WTF", i cant do this...so I waited for the passing lane to arrive and sure enough it did...dropped to 2nd, pinned the throttle, and off I went...
I had her wide open through 5, and as i was cresting the hill, i was off the gas, and a good thing too, because guess whi was waiting at the top?
Yup, you guessed it

Got me for 69/55
don't know how that was possible, but thank goodness! As soon as he saw me, i saw the brake lights come on and was like "fuck" so I just pulled up right in front of him. He was super cool, there was alot of "yes sir" and respect from me, gave him my paperwork, he ran my shit, said that i had a clean record, and he was going to give me a warning. First time in my life i've not gotten a ticket. We chatted for a few minutes, and turns out that he rides sportbike too...Told me to have fun, but just try to keep it to the speed limit. he also told me that he appreciated my effort to slow down and pull over immediately.

Bike runs great! had an awesome ride, rode a couple nice wheelies, and had a great day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
i could give two shits if you were taking a bubble bath in applesauce being fed grapes by lemurs with electrodes attached to your nipples in the bed of a semi truck, as long as you're not holding up traffic, go for it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Nice.on everything.ours nice to bump into am understanding officer.grats on getting everything back together nice

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #3 of 11 Old 08-12-2012, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolo View Post
Nice.on everything.ours nice to bump into am understanding officer.grats on getting everything back together nice

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
Thanks friend

Quote:
i could give two shits if you were taking a bubble bath in applesauce being fed grapes by lemurs with electrodes attached to your nipples in the bed of a semi truck, as long as you're not holding up traffic, go for it
post #4 of 11 Old 08-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

dude very cool!! nice to read through all of that, very interesting and a very cool day. even the police encounter. that stuff is all very cool.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #5 of 11 Old 08-14-2012, 11:12 PM
Boomer Sooner!

Posting Frequency

Bike looks awesome!!! Also jealous of the lake there...... Wish ours looked like that. The lakes in OK are too low that the loading ramps aren't even accessible anymore. This is what our loading ramps look like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	196.8 KB
ID:	164491  

Boomer Sooner!!!
post #6 of 11 Old 08-15-2012, 03:32 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Nice work, now come to Florida and adjust my valves...

post #7 of 11 Old 08-15-2012, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpcullen View Post
Bike looks awesome!!! Also jealous of the lake there...... Wish ours looked like that. The lakes in OK are too low that the loading ramps aren't even accessible anymore. This is what our loading ramps look like.
Thanks! Wow, didn't realize how hard other parts of the country had been hit...we have some big lakes around here that look like that too, there's even a popular lake that was so low, all the boats that are usually docked there had to be removed so they wouldn't get jacked up when the water reached critical levels...hopefully this winter and spring will bless us with plenty of rain...

Quote:
post #8 of 11 Old 08-15-2012, 10:09 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

that cop is a liar! needs a decepticon badge on the front plate. and very nice of him to let you off, we dont get that around here :/ nice ride/scenery
post #9 of 11 Old 08-15-2012, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
that cop is a liar! needs a decepticon badge on the front plate. and very nice of him to let you off, we dont get that around here :/ nice ride/scenery
had it been a decepticon, I probably would have walked away with the $259 ticket he could have written me...Good eye though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screw it_I'll say it>>> View Post
Please fix the flag; union to your left...

Roger that, I will...I'm a proud military member and I love my country!!!!
I've actually seen a couple pretty awesome helmets that have a red/white/blue patriotic theme that I've been looking at...

Quote:
post #10 of 11 Old 08-15-2012, 12:50 PM
ZX-10R enthusiast

Posting Frequency

Garage
Small world...wforiders.com is a local forum I am a member of...

Are you on that site as well or did you purchase your Gen2 with the decals already applied?

Sent via iPhone

Strictly for my Ninjas
https://www.instagram.com/mistr.123/
Current Ride: 2016 ZX-10R ABS (under construction)
Former Ride: 2011 ZX-10R ABS
17/41, Woolich Racing Tuned ECU and QS, Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert, CL XBK5 pads, Yosh case sliders, Mivv Carbon w/ Ti Akra link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in