Must be nice! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 09-29-2009, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Must be nice!

So I was bored and surfing the net and found this.

They approved another 13 weeks of Unemployment benefits to add to the 53 weeks they have already signed and approved. So that's 66 weeks of emergency/extended benefits to be claimed AFTER their 26 weeks of regular unemployment benefits. So this means someone can go and NOT work for a total of 92 weeks! That's damn near 2 years!

Nothing bad against the people who gets laid off and is trying to work, but I know there are some that are claiming these benefits so they don't have to work or look for work.

Sorry, I was just pissed when I looked at my stubs and noticed that I'm feeding my family and everyone elses family.

http://www.labor.state.ny.us/ui/clai...dBenefits.shtm

http://pic19.picturetrail.com/VOL1085/3891346/21968035/368184613.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-29-2009, 01:50 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
yeah must be nice for those who do get the benefits of that I was one who was denied my unemployment and have been with out work now for almost a year. and like you say im sure there are plenty of people out there that do not derseve it and are doing nothing and getting paid..... all I can say is MUST BE NICE .... Ohio's unemployment sucks ass and I got shafted on my claim to that i had to fight to the end and still did nothing for me... wish I could reopen a claim but im sure if i did id get into trouble for it lOl ...

post #3 of 8 Old 09-29-2009, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I was on a regional forum and this guy comes on and brags about how he gets 425+25 for unemployment and how he plans to use every bit of it before he even thinks of searching for a job. Freaking jerk.

http://pic19.picturetrail.com/VOL1085/3891346/21968035/368184613.jpg
post #4 of 8 Old 09-29-2009, 02:05 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
yeah thats just plain stupid cause ive been looking for almost a year now and have not found hardly anything for a job... the only thing thats keeping me going is that i saved money when I was working and i have a couple of painting jobs lined up and did some landscaping work yesterday LOL.... people take advantage of that unemployment among all the others all the time...

post #5 of 8 Old 09-29-2009, 03:45 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I feel your pain. As a legal immigrant in the US (Work Visa) I pay all the same taxes as everyone here and have no rights to contact any government official. My wife wrecked in April and was informed on Friday that due to the fact that she has been unable to report for work in 6 months that she is terminated effective immediately - no warning - no discussion as to when she can return to work - just let go. It isn't that she wants to stay home but she was almost killed and is unable to return.
Lyodbraun what's your work background?
post #6 of 8 Old 09-29-2009, 04:36 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
^^^ Ive done many things for work ,Factory work is the majority of it but also landscaping mowing and whatnot is what I enjoy but Im open to other work as well... my last job was for a plastics company where we made sheets of plastic for engraving.. it was a decent job and I was able to take home nice big sheets of clear plastic LOL and to use for things.. im working my ass off on trying to get into a plant that makes beer and soda cans I did contract work with them and painted the place up a few years ago... awesome place to work and the pay is well off the charts for the work ya do LOL ....

post #7 of 8 Old 09-29-2009, 04:47 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

I'm sure there are people who are just being a bum, But my unemployment is nothing to what i use to make. Here in Arizona. it bad. A lot of people been laid off. Try applying for a job when there 20 or 30 other people applying for the same job. God only know how many apps they get within a week. They say it getting better, But it sure isn't happening here.

Rain. Whats is this Rain i keep hearing?.
post #8 of 8 Old 09-29-2009, 05:08 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
yeah there was a place hiring a few weeks ago about a hour north of me and they had over 1,000 people there applying for jobs...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in