Movin to L.A.!! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 Old 05-18-2012, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Slow Poke

Posting Frequency

Movin to L.A.!!

Cali if there is any question..Really REALLY thinkin about it. One of my best friends is about to head out there, and he's really got me thinkin about it. After about 99% of my friends stabbed me in the back last year. Its time for me to experience somethin else. I'm so unhappy here and i've been here for about 18 years now, the only thing I have here is my immediate family. But its time to live my life.

So those of you guys that live out there gimme the low down. I know its crazy busy and expensive. Lots of traffic. but anything else I need to know? I plan on being there in the next year. Just need to get my bike done and things straight and I'm gonna load the bike up in the truck and make a journey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 Old 05-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Boomer Sooner!

Posting Frequency

If you have been in Oklahoma for that long, move to L.A. Is going to be a major change. I have never live there but I have been out that a bunch of times. Traffic is a huge huge difference. I mean, in tulsa, at 5 in the afternoon when traffic is at its worst is about the normal out there. If you are into guns, the gun laws are way way different out there. A lot more limitations. The weather is always nice, which is a plus, but everything out there is more expensive. Before you perminately move, I would go out there and stay with your friend for 2 or 3 weeks and make sure. You might love. There is a reason why there are so many people out there, but me personally, i wouldn't live there if someone was willing to give me a house for free. Just not my cup of tea. Although, I feel the same way about Dallas and Houston also. They are just too big and too many people.

Boomer Sooner!!!
post #3 of 44 Old 05-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Starbucks Connoisseur

Posting Frequency

Well let's start off with..

There's plenty of Starbucks here. I'm serious. On Beverly Blvd in BH, there's at least 4 and it's only a mile or 2 long.
But all kidding aside, there is no place like LA. For one we have the best weather year round compared to the rest of the country. The most amusement parks, Canyons to ride, beaches, Malibu, the most AMAZING finest genetically desirable yet EXTREMELY shallow emtpy shell women too!

It's not that expensive everywhere if you look around. You'll never get bored out here. Every day and night there's somethign to do or going on.
Look up westsiderentals.com and you can look up a place throught all kinds of filters and catagories. The bike scene?
If I am not mistaken, Southern Cali has THE LARGEST amount of bike clubs on this planet. Every possible name known is taken lol. One even with a CVC code for speeding and the # is on their vest. Bike nights pop up all over the place. Lots of race tracks too. Did I mentiond there were plenty of Starbucks?

09' Ice Blended Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino
10' Venti Mocha Latte spilled some of it, was too hot
11' Peppermint Mocha W/Extra Shot of Espresso
12' Eggnog Venti Latte
13' Bagel
14' Standard Drip (since a Venti latte went up 20 cents)

post #4 of 44 Old 05-18-2012, 12:03 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

I have been there a few times, LOVE IT!!...yes it hot and tons of ppl but wow what a place to live, so much to do and see.

Im not sure how old you are BG, but if you have nothing holdin you back now is the time for you experience life and to me there is no better place.

Silly boys ninjas are for GIRLS
post #5 of 44 Old 05-18-2012, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Slow Poke

Posting Frequency

BC the thing is, I mean I spent the first 10 year I really remember of my life in a sub of Pittsburgh. Then moved here. I've always wanted to see Cali but have never had the chance and now one of my best friends is goin, and that was really all I needed to try. I just didn't wanna go at it alone ya know.

Thats what I was thinkin Static, and though I'm not into the bike club thing I will have my bike of course But I want something else. I'm going no where in tulsa and I literally know a connection to everyone. I want to make new friends I need to make new friends and everywhere I go here i'm gonna know someone ya know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red636girl View Post
I have been there a few times, LOVE IT!!...yes it hot and tons of ppl but wow what a place to live, so much to do and see.

Im not sure how old you are BG, but if you have nothing holdin you back now is the time for you experience life and to me there is no better place.
And thats another BIG part of it. I turn 30 on Memorial day weekend. If ever in my life is the time to experience something new this is it. My buddy loved it so much he almost didn't come back. So I told him after he gets there and situated I'm goin! I am gonna miss my family here but I need to live my life. I have no one other than that. After most my friends stabbed my in the back last year, it finally gave me the motivation to go somewhere else if only for a year or 2. At least that, I have to try..
post #6 of 44 Old 05-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Starbucks Connoisseur

Posting Frequency

A lot also depends on the work you do. But there is SOOOO much to do in this city. We literally have it all, Palm Springs for a hot vacation, Big Bear for snow boarding. Vegas a few hours away. For 30 it's a great city to start in. the traffic is... a HUGE bummer, our 405 and 10 freeway from what I hear is one of the busiest freeways on this planet. But there are surface streets and on a bike it's less of a headache. If having things to do all the time and weather is a big part of your life. LA is the place to be.

09' Ice Blended Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino
10' Venti Mocha Latte spilled some of it, was too hot
11' Peppermint Mocha W/Extra Shot of Espresso
12' Eggnog Venti Latte
13' Bagel
14' Standard Drip (since a Venti latte went up 20 cents)

post #7 of 44 Old 05-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Boomer Sooner!

Posting Frequency

The fact that your best friend is going is good. And if you are unhappy in tulsa then you should go try it out. It is a really cool place. I love going out there to visit, but that's about it for me. Since your friend is going and you already want to leave, you probably should then. Otherwise you are just going to make yourself more miserable think about why you didn't go. I just wouldn't cut off all ties in Tulsa, because it is such a different place, you might not like it, and want to come back.

Boomer Sooner!!!
post #8 of 44 Old 05-18-2012, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Slow Poke

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static IP View Post
A lot also depends on the work you do. But there is SOOOO much to do in this city. We literally have it all, Palm Springs for a hot vacation, Big Bear for snow boarding. Vegas a few hours away. For 30 it's a great city to start in. the traffic is... a HUGE bummer, our 405 and 10 freeway from what I hear is one of the busiest freeways on this planet. But there are surface streets and on a bike it's less of a headache. If having things to do all the time and weather is a big part of your life. LA is the place to be.
Well I do IT, but up until this job i've always been a hard working type. But really I can do just about anything.. I figure traffic would really suck! But I can deal. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpcullen View Post
The fact that your best friend is going is good. And if you are unhappy in tulsa then you should go try it out. It is a really cool place. I love going out there to visit, but that's about it for me. Since your friend is going and you already want to leave, you probably should then. Otherwise you are just going to make yourself more miserable think about why you didn't go. I just wouldn't cut off all ties in Tulsa, because it is such a different place, you might not like it, and want to come back.
Oh no man its not even like that. All my family are pretty much here, and Kansas. Which the only thing that is really gonna bother me is leaving my 2 little neices, and my grandparents. My grandpa is almost 86 now. So kinda worries me he won't be here to much longer. But Its time I live my life again. I don't even go out here anymore because I literally hate everyone around me except my family. So.....
post #9 of 44 Old 05-18-2012, 01:21 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

If you're thinking about moving I would really consider Texas. More specifically, Austin, DFW, or Houston...in that order. 3 of the top 5 economies and fastest growing cities in America. I've lived in a bunch of different places but I've never had trouble finding work in texas. I'm just sayin, if you're just trying to get away then there's much more logical choices than L.A. but if you just want to go because its L.A. then go there because there's no other place like it.
post #10 of 44 Old 05-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Shorty's Performance

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to madnessracing Send a message via MSN to madnessracing
For sure it's gonna be a different world there are things you're hate but there're gonna be things you're gonna love but either way you will be welcome here and hopefully you can join us at the track

Quote:
Originally Posted by red636girl View Post

What??? How come you never told me this?? Mmm you know what I dont like anymore

Shorty's Performance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in