The motorcycle crowd? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 Old 09-21-2012, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

The motorcycle crowd?

Do motorcycles attract more than its share of pot heads and simpletons? It sure seems that way around where I live.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 Old 09-21-2012, 05:14 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrche View Post
Do Suzuki GSXRs attract more than its share of pot heads and simpletons? It sure seems that way around where I live.
There, I fixed it for ya.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #3 of 46 Old 09-21-2012, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
There, I fixed it for ya.
I think you would fall under the latter category, given your lack of reasoning and your name.
post #4 of 46 Old 09-21-2012, 05:51 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
I think you would fall under the latter category, given your lack of reasoning and your name.
Reasoning: GSXRs always seem to attract the people you reference more than just the general "motorcycle crowd", in my experience. But do tell us all of your experiences for starting this thread.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #5 of 46 Old 09-21-2012, 05:53 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Every area has its idiots and whatever they happen to be into. You can't claim that to a motorcycle crowd no more than you can tie race into someone's course of action. I'd suggest moving or finding a new crowd to hang with

post #6 of 46 Old 09-21-2012, 06:20 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Yes im with SkyDork, GSXR does seem to be the 'it' bike to have if your a loser. Not sayin that for every GSXR owner though.... Jus sayin the bad crowd usually has those.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

06 ZX10R
AKA:NINA
post #7 of 46 Old 09-21-2012, 06:49 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Yes, but not because I see them, as I don't see many riders in this area. I see parked bikes often, though. Just scan the moto sites and you'll find out pretty much where the average brain level fires most often.

Of course, the problem with moto sites is that half are dealer techs, vendors or dealer sales people. 30% are pure trolls, without a clue what a bike is or can do, 10% are mods or their aliases and nearly all mods don't ride at most sites, and the final ten percent are riders, most of whom just read and never post cause they know better!
post #8 of 46 Old 09-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Does not drive into smoke

Posting Frequency

Quote:
If you consider people like SkyDork to be a simpleton, then there is no hope for you. At least not on this planet...
post #9 of 46 Old 09-21-2012, 07:03 PM
Does not drive into smoke

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Do motorcycles attract more than its share of pot heads and simpletons? It sure seems that way around where I live.
I think that motorcycles attract exactly its share of these kinds of people. After all, they are kewl, cheap compared to Corvettes, you can rev them high, and with the mug behind the helmet one can actually look as good as Brad Pitt[1].

I used to be a mod on another bike (but not model-specific) forum and I finally quit. Full of drama, bitterness, whining and general idiocy. This forum is actually quite exceptional and the members here are a nice crowd. It's been hypothesized that it's due to the elitist nature of liter bikes, and the general perception that 600s are just as cool (if not cooler), and easier to pick up chicks with.

[1] When he's wearing a helmet.
post #10 of 46 Old 09-21-2012, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Reasoning: GSXRs always seem to attract the people you reference more than just the general "motorcycle crowd", in my experience. But do tell us all of your experiences for starting this thread.
I do not share your brand bias. GSXR or any other brand you may not like can have its share of pot heads and simpletons as much as any brand you like.

Btw, GSXR's (and R6s and R1s) are generally track bikes and so wouldn't you think that they tend not to be suited to pot heads and lead heads?

My experiences? Over 40 years of riding and racing, and over that time it appears to be that the IQ of the average motorcyclist is at an all time low. Is that enough?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in