Moto GP 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 09-14-2005, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Moto GP 3

For the gamers out there, I just picked up Moto GP 3 for my Xbox!

Understand, this is my first experience with Moto GP, I missed out on the first two, so I don't have anything real to judge against, but....

The graphics are EXCELLENT. The riding dynamics are tough to master, I can tell its going to take alot of practice. The breaking and acceleration, slides, separate brakes aren't that bad. The steering is what is getting me. The thumbstick just isn't doing what I want it to yet.

All in all though, after a couple hours of playing, I'm hooked. Its an excellent game. As I said, I don't know how the others were set up, but this one allows racing in different classes (600, 1000, 1200) in an "Extreme" class, as well as the normal GP racing season. It allows you to buy different bikes and add go fast parts to them.....

And its already priced down to $39. Definitely worth it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-14-2005, 12:16 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Not much of a change from GP2, to be honest with you. They are all good, but not for the "casual" player.

BK
05-ZX10R
2K ZX-7R
01' ZX-6R<-- Wifes
post #3 of 13 Old 09-14-2005, 04:13 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

I picked it up a week or two ago. I've had a blast playing it. Still ain't worth a shit at it, but I enjoy the hell out of it. I've won several Extreme 600 and Extreme 1000 races but the best I've placed in Grand Prix mode is fourth.

--
"Bottom line, when I'm on that bike, it's just me and God...And He better be holding on."- Stillie on SSB

Si vis pacem, para bellum...

El Diablo
post #4 of 13 Old 09-14-2005, 05:25 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

my kid brought home a demo disk with 2 races on it and its fun as hell, the open track is easy, but the city track is a biotch!!! thinking of getting the actual game, but since school started i gotta keep the boy away from the box!!!!
post #5 of 13 Old 09-14-2005, 05:32 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to kaw808
Do you guys have xbox live? We should have a race! I haven't bought version 3 yet but we have 1 and 2. If anyone has live and wants to race we should organize a time and date.

post #6 of 13 Old 09-14-2005, 06:12 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/....html?q=motogp

in a month and a half

Insert haters and thieves here
post #7 of 13 Old 09-14-2005, 09:16 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFMEDIC
yep thats what I'm waiting for...

05 lime green. Sato slip-on, pc3usb, bmc race filter.
"when ya lose site of why ya ride then you've lost what really matters"---THE MOTORHEAD
post #8 of 13 Old 09-15-2005, 10:38 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFMEDIC
disclaimer...ps2 and the box ARE different, BUT my kid played motogp4 on the ps2 at laguna seca during the gp and HATED it...couldnt stop complaining, then again he's a kid, so what does he know...i'm hoping the box version makes him a bit happier, cause i've been holding out myself for motogp4...funny thing is that ps2 is supposedly more fluid gameplay than the box and he was complaining that the gameplay sucked...again, hes just a kid...
post #9 of 13 Old 09-15-2005, 12:07 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Totally believable, and not because the X-Box vs PS2 debate. Simply because the two games are made by different Developers. The up coming MGP-4 for the PS2 is a Namco (as are all the MGP games on the PS-2) game. MGP's for the X-box is made by Climax Studios. Two completely different physics engines in the two games. And It's very difficult to go from playin MGP"X" on the Box to playing the same MGP on the PS2. Might be why your kid didnt like it. Not too mention the controler difference between the two systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by latdrop
disclaimer...ps2 and the box ARE different, BUT my kid played motogp4 on the ps2 at laguna seca during the gp and HATED it...couldnt stop complaining, then again he's a kid, so what does he know...i'm hoping the box version makes him a bit happier, cause i've been holding out myself for motogp4...funny thing is that ps2 is supposedly more fluid gameplay than the box and he was complaining that the gameplay sucked...again, hes just a kid...

BK
05-ZX10R
2K ZX-7R
01' ZX-6R<-- Wifes
post #10 of 13 Old 09-15-2005, 12:09 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Oct. 18th is supposedly the release date for 4 on ps2. 3's great for sure but if you've played TT Superbikes at the Isle of Man its absolutely better!! The bikes handle just like the real deal. I'm already payed up for 4 when it comes in but man its take something special.

BIKES IS GOOD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in