Most embarassing moments - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 Old 06-14-2006, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

Most embarassing moments

I didnt know exactly where to post this , so maybe it will get moved elsewhere.
We all think we are the best riders in the world and the majority of us are but even the good ones have those "peculiar" moments.

I thought I might share with you some of the dumbass things I have done and maybe others could tell me some of their stories so I know I am not alone...LOL

1990 CBR900 FZ Pull a wheelie up hill past a crowd of people queuing for the cinema , no applause, stopped in a hurry at the light at the top of the hill , went to put my foot down and caught my jeans on the footpeg , fell over Monty Python style at 0 MPH, huge applause from the crowd.

1980 RD200DX Sunday afternoon at Long Marston airfield (before it became the dragstrip) Racing my brother on his zip cart down runway 3 , head on the tank looking at the speedo , look back , wheres my brother, look forward and Oh Shit !! went straight underneath the wing of a Cessna missed the prop by inches.

1977 Aspes 80 Parents were out, decided to take my dirt bike up the street, kicked her over give her a handful of revs dropped the clutch and launched backwards into the neighbours brand new pop up camper trailer.(this wasnt the first time the Aspes fired up the wrong way)

Theres more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 Old 06-14-2006, 08:19 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAF

Theres more.
keep going !!!

I can totally picture the first story with the pants catching, funny stuff.

I did almost the same thing once. I was trying to park and I had on my new Nike's with those stupid springs that are all over the place now. Well, I go to park and puch the kick stand out. You get so used to that motion of leaning her over as the kickstand pops out, well i start that motion, but in the bottom of my new shoes is like a area where the sole is not solid, and the little kickstand catch gets stuck inside....I played teeter totter for a second or two...felt like a lifetime....didnt drop her though.

There is no spoon...
post #3 of 55 Old 06-14-2006, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

Yep JRSJKD did that one too.
post #4 of 55 Old 06-14-2006, 09:18 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

2001: 1994 CBR900rr, forgot to switch my tank off reserve, ran out of gas on the local strip and had to push it 5 blocks to the gas station on a friday night
post #5 of 55 Old 06-14-2006, 09:46 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to modiggs
1997: Ninja 250. Down in Panama City Beach, FL for spring break. Just got my NY class M learners permit, and had never touched a bike in person. Well, I find out that's all you need to rent a bike in PCB. I handed over my money, and took the bike (which was already running) on down the strip. I stopped in an empty parking lot to practice turns a bit when I promptly stalled the bike. Hey, it's my first time not only on a bike, but driving a manual. Well, needless to say, I could not figure out how to start the damn thing. I tired everything, I turned the key (works on cars right?), put it in nuetral, flipped the kill switch back and forth, etc. I spent the first 30 minutes of my 3 hour rental in a parking lot on the verge of tossing the bike onto it's side out of pure frustration. I grabbed the helmet, and stormed off. I made it about a block, when I turned back. I had what drunks would call a moment of clarity. I remembered noticing a little black button w/ a lightning bolt engraved on it tucked out of the way. Fast foward 9 years, and I'm still on a Kawi, except, I can start this one... i will say, as soon as I got back to NY, took the MSF Course.

2004: Got the Blue Devil. My wife ordered it for me while I was in Iraq, and had it waiting when I got back. God bless her. Well, after a week or two of "us time" (with the bike of course), I get this brilliant idea. Hey wifey, film me doing a wheelie down our street (a culdesac). Wheelie one-fine; wheelie two-a little higher; wheelie 3-started too late, came down hard, jumped on the brakes and locked up the back...skipped the front over a manhole cover and lifted the back wheel, all the while I'm staring at a storm drain in front of me. Did I mention, my neighbor and her kids just came back from the grociery store and are witnessing this? Well, I came to stop and somehow managed to keep it upright after balancing on one leg for an eternity. As for my wife, like any good camera man, she filmed the whole thing, with not even an oh sh*t.
http://media.putfile.com/squidly

I once said "Displacement was compensation for lack of skill. Therefore, there is no need for anything more than a well balanced 600." Right, who was I kidding.

Last edited by modiggs; 06-14-2006 at 09:57 AM. Reason: added link
post #6 of 55 Old 06-14-2006, 10:07 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to tuzem
Sweet Video :)

Age 15: stole my mom's Yougo and packed 4 friends in it... jumped a little hill and cracked the frame !!! opsss...

-Nick

CMRA #341 - Novice - '06 Green 10 ~ '03 CRF450
post #7 of 55 Old 06-14-2006, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

That is some funny stuff gentlemen.

1999 GSXR1100 92 model, ex stunt bike I bought from Todd Colbert , I drove all the way to Tampa one evening to buy it, met Todd at the local Cracker Barrel and did the deal , loaded the bike in the back of my friends pickup truck and headed home, before we got back I told my friend to pull over as I wanted to ride the bike over to a lady friends house to impress her.Well, I should have known better , I mean the previous owner was one serious stunter and 6ft 4 inches tall too, I got about 100yards from her house when the rear shock canister blew its load and I got the most horendous tank slapper at 40MPH the headshake was so violent that the front end was pogo sticking all over , just as I passed the house looking like I was having a seizure on the bike she walked out the door, I remember looking at her face as I struggled to hang on and then eventually crashing into the back of her Jeep, believe it or not she ended up being my wife.
post #8 of 55 Old 06-14-2006, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

What is it when stealing your folks car, something always happens.????
post #9 of 55 Old 06-14-2006, 10:31 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

let me set the stage here: packed intersection, friday night, about 10 streetbikes cruisin out to the drags. my 03 636 is about 10 days old. i caught my shoelace on the heelgaurd or something, so my foot wouldnt come away from the bike, and as said before, i had already started to lean. went straight down on my foot. most embarrassing moment of my life. as for stealing parents cars, drove my dads 1971 el camino ss to school when he was out of town. not only did i manage to get a speeding ticket on the way to school, and a parking ticket at school, i got an exhibition of speed ticket that night. bad day for me.
post #10 of 55 Old 06-14-2006, 11:14 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

put my old mans truck in the ditch out in the country!!! when we "borrowed" it!

If you're not living on the edge, your taking up too much space!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in