Mortgages suck - RANT - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 05-03-2012, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Mortgages suck - RANT

Dudes / Bros / Men of extremely good taste

I'm a little angry with the old mortgage rising every year due to increased property taxes and insurance premiums. Payment has raised each year since purchase, up $160 a month :headshake thats almost 2K a year of throw away money in my mind...not happy.

This year it was property taxes (at least my value has gone up) and last year it was insurance premiums...we insure my mother in laws house who had 2 claims and I had 1 so that made me the "extreme" catagory in OK which is already extreme with the damn tornados.

Anyway, just bummed out as that could be a nice new 2012 zx-10 or some shit but instead it goes to a whole lotta nothin.

2004 ZX10r Black with Carbon Termignoni slip on and more mods to come
2005 Suzuki Boulavard (to many mods to list) Sold
2005 Kawasaki ZZR600 Sold
2001 Suz9ki DRZ400s to SuMo conversion Raced with the OSB (Oklahoma Super Bikers) #120 Sponsored by Quiznos of Yukon and Advanced Signs of Edmond Sold:headshake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-03-2012, 06:38 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Holy crap, I just about lost it the other day in regards to my mortgage payment...I'm overseas, so I'm not sure if I got a letter about it, but I went to do some online banking, and just happened to click on the link to my mortgage, was looking over it, and BAM, saw that my payment had gone up like $150...did some research and found the problem...My escrow account had a shortage because my property taxes went up, and my homeowners premium skyrocketed due to the fact that my county fire dept got some shitty rating from some crappy insurance research data group or some bullshit like that...They fire dept appealed, got a favorable rating, but I won't know the results or see any change until July...WTF???
There, thats my rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
i could give two shits if you were taking a bubble bath in applesauce being fed grapes by lemurs with electrodes attached to your nipples in the bed of a semi truck, as long as you're not holding up traffic, go for it
post #3 of 12 Old 05-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

go to your insurance agents office and do a burnout in the parking lot. lol.

sorry to hear about it though. Im too young to have a house or payments yet, and Im not looking forward to it. Kinda wish we still had the days where you could trade a cow and 2 goats and get a mansion. lol

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #4 of 12 Old 05-03-2012, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
go to your insurance agents office and do a burnout in the parking lot. lol.

sorry to hear about it though. Im too young to have a house or payments yet, and Im not looking forward to it. Kinda wish we still had the days where you could trade a cow and 2 goats and get a mansion. lol
I hear thats still an option in some countrys...tempting

2004 ZX10r Black with Carbon Termignoni slip on and more mods to come
2005 Suzuki Boulavard (to many mods to list) Sold
2005 Kawasaki ZZR600 Sold
2001 Suz9ki DRZ400s to SuMo conversion Raced with the OSB (Oklahoma Super Bikers) #120 Sponsored by Quiznos of Yukon and Advanced Signs of Edmond Sold:headshake
post #5 of 12 Old 05-03-2012, 08:25 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

moose i'm with ya rant on, bro. When we mortgaged, we almost did a 15 year but decided to play safe being as it was our first. Well now our 30 yr pmt is almost what the 15 yr was 8 years ago due to property tax increases. Total bullcrap. And there's actually people out there who think we don't pay enough taxes.

Last edited by hayden41; 05-03-2012 at 09:02 PM.
post #6 of 12 Old 05-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I m all for 40 acres and a mule
post #7 of 12 Old 05-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Does not drive into smoke

Posting Frequency

My property was appraised at $2k less than last year, so I'm expecting a big fat decrease in my taxes. At least enough to get a free beer...
post #8 of 12 Old 05-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Boomer Sooner!

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
My property was appraised at $2k less than last year, so I'm expecting a big fat decrease in my taxes. At least enough to get a free beer...
Thats how i look at my money savings. "Man, thats a another 12 pack of beer!"

Boomer Sooner!!!
post #9 of 12 Old 05-04-2012, 01:44 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose07 View Post
I hear thats still an option in some countrys...tempting
if it werent for the other country part of that, Id be all for it brotha!

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #10 of 12 Old 05-04-2012, 03:11 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Seriously.... go shop around for insurance. My payment was doing the same climb for more than 2 years. Went in a few times over a 8 month period to my broker: one month I got a new quote that saved me about 670 bucks a year. Had to be persistent, but it ended up being worth it.

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in