Marines OCS questions - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 12-15-2011, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Marines OCS questions

I was in the USMC for 4 years and got out. I just finished my bachelors and I'm thinking about doing OCS (Officer Candidates School). I'm calling the OSO today to get basic question but can anyone give me some personal experience point of views of OCS? Please and thank you.

'11 Black zx-10r | Tech-spec Tank pad | Akraprovic w/ link | Power Commander V | Auto tune | HID | 1/5 Insert | Driven Smog Plates | DMP integrated tail light | Vortex rear sets w/ new pressure switch | Puig dark smoke windscreen | BMC Air Filter | Cox Radiator Guard |

To Do List:
ECU reflash
Steering Damper revalved
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-15-2011, 12:38 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

i know youll be at quantico, I was there for 3 yrs! Thats about the all i have!

life begins @ 13000 RPMs!!!
2013 WHITE Knight!!!
08 black knight, you will be missed
post #3 of 4 Old 12-15-2011, 02:20 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

I assume he told you about the application and all that you need to do? Getting into OCS is kinda like applying to college. Apply and get accepted. Youll go to Quantico and spend 10 weeks there. Opposed to bootcamp, you are supposed to be out there leading, and taking charge and showing them you want to prove yourself as being a leader and individual accountablility is huge, youre going to be responsible for yourself, a few people and everybody at different points during your time there. The less you make that suck for the candidate platoon commander/sergeant/squad leader, the less theyll make it suck for you when youre in command. Integrity is a huge thing, dont lie or theyll send you home. Itll suck, it sucks for everybody, just something to accept and keep going. Before you get sent there, do as much studying as you can, i.e. General Orders, 5 paragraph order, etc. You will probably average 4 hours of sleep a night, just so you can expect that, but knowing as much as you can will help you make that higher.

Just want to put it in there, I have never been to OCS. I was in the process of applying to the program and have attempted to be accepted. I am very close to one person that has been through it already and is waiting to be commissioned pending his degree right now, as well as many other people who have told me a lot of stories and given me a lot of advice. Thats all that paragraph is, not my personal experience, experiences and advice that was passed on to me.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-15-2011, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

thanks for the info guys. It will be a while before i go.... if i do. I still have about 8 months left on my GI Bill that im going to work on using up before i do go. But i know my general orders, 5 paragraph order, and all that stuff. Doesn't hurt to refresh on it though .

'11 Black zx-10r | Tech-spec Tank pad | Akraprovic w/ link | Power Commander V | Auto tune | HID | 1/5 Insert | Driven Smog Plates | DMP integrated tail light | Vortex rear sets w/ new pressure switch | Puig dark smoke windscreen | BMC Air Filter | Cox Radiator Guard |

To Do List:
ECU reflash
Steering Damper revalved
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in