Maine - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-22-2007, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Maine

Any body from maine or traveled there? If so is there any must see places besides Acadia? We are planning a trip in october and I was wanting to get a general route of where were going and what to see. We are flying in to Manchester.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-23-2007, 06:47 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

From Manchester, go North on Rt 93 up to the White Mtns of NH first. There's tons of things to see there. Franconia Notch, Crawford Notch, Kankamaugus Highway, etc. THEN go East into Maine.
Let me know if you want more info on NH....

Freeport Maine = L.L. Bean
Bar Harbor is nice but Acadia is MUCH nicer in my opinion.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-23-2007, 01:45 PM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbybob View Post
From Manchester, go North on Rt 93 up to the White Mtns of NH first. There's tons of things to see there. Franconia Notch, Crawford Notch, Kankamaugus Highway, etc. THEN go East into Maine.
Let me know if you want more info on NH....

Freeport Maine = L.L. Bean
Bar Harbor is nice but Acadia is MUCH nicer in my opinion.

I live a good hour and fifteen minutes south of Manchester,NH and the ride up 93N is in my opinion is the classier if not better side of the Wt. Mountain range. Sorry I can't be more informative on your destination of Acadia, Maine but I do know that the whole Maine coast is quite scenic. Especially the further north one travels.
post #4 of 5 Old 07-23-2007, 02:15 PM

Posting Frequency

With the exception of the last few years, I've spent a portion of every summer of my life in Old Orchard Beach Maine. There are lots of neat little towns to check out. Bar harbor is cool, as it Kennebunkport.

If I were you, I'd plan the trip in early October, so that you'll be able to enjoy the foliage at it's peak. The further north you go, the earlier it will peak. Just something to keep in mind.

Last edited by nathanw; 07-23-2007 at 02:18 PM.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-23-2007, 09:13 PM

Posting Frequency

I lived in Maine for 35 years. Go east to Rumford from NH and then go north to Rangley, across to Eustis and down to Kingfield. Many bike mags say that this is the best bike ride in the country. If all the leaves are down by then it isn't nearly so great. Go to Mt Desert Island. Acadia National Park takes up about 1/3rd of the island and Bar Harbor is the tourist town on the Island. Take a boat out to Little Cranberry and have dinner in the restaurant on the water. Go whale watching or deep sea fishing too. Drive to the top of Cadillac Mountain and around the whole park loop road. Its no accident that Acadia is the second most visited national park.

Although LL Bean is in Freeport, their factory outlet store in Concord, NH is larger than the one in Freeport.

Say what else you like to do and I can let you know about other things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in