Mac Ads - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 12-22-2008, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to caboose
Mac Ads

You know the ones, with the young guy being a Mac and the older fatter dude in the suit supposedly being a PC.

When they first came out they were clever and i laughed at a few of them but that didnt last long. They digressed to simple PC/Windows bashing pretty quickly. "Windows sucks" "PC Sucks" and nothing more.. They actually make me want to buy a Mac less than i would otherwise.

Bad avertising!! bah! Thoughts??? Any other advertising you guys can think of that actually makes you want that thing less???

Its winter.. time to waste time with pointless online discussions.

2010 10R Superbike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 12-22-2008, 10:12 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Oh ya, I got one that drives me crazy. The Budweiser "True Men Of Genius" ones. They started that campaign before 2001 when it was True American Heros, but after 911 they changed it. I can't believe it is still being used, I change the station as soon as I hear it.

The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts.
post #3 of 13 Old 12-22-2008, 03:50 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Grease
I, personally, love the mac ads. Being in the IT industry, they are funny as shyte. I really like the ones where PC is separating money 3 bundles for advertising and 1 for fixing Vista, 3 for ads, 1 for fixing, etc. Mac says that he doesn't think that right and PC says, Your right....I'll put all of it for advertising.

Followed by the bake sale to raise money to finally fix Vista since the advertising group decided to run a big ad. Mac take a bite and PC exclaims that it will be $10 Million and he took a bite and can't give it back.

After more than a decade of having to deal with operating systems that are released and then fixed, those are hilarious.

...but I wouldn't buy a mac...not enough market saturation and now that they are getting to be more popular...they are not starting to write viruses for them, too.

my .02

Bikes: '88 EX250 (sold), '86 Nighthawk S (sold), '03 ZX7R (R.I.P.s), '07 ZX10R (sold)

I don't like repeat offenders; I like dead offenders.
My idea of 'gun control' is putting as many bullets as I can into the same hole.

- Ted Nugent
Iím all for gun control, I just define it a little differently. If you can put 2 rounds into the same hole from 25 meters, thatís gun control!
- Jesse Ventura
God gave man a brain and a penis, but only enough blood to run one at a time. - Stephen E. Ambrose

Last edited by Grease; 12-22-2008 at 04:04 PM.
post #4 of 13 Old 12-22-2008, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

i remember both of those and they made me laugh...

but the ones they're doing now are different, they're not clever or funny anymore IMO. The older ones that were clever and funny, those ones i liked.

2010 10R Superbike
post #5 of 13 Old 12-22-2008, 05:21 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to maineiac1008 Send a message via MSN to maineiac1008
just ads imo. They are really only designed to catch those people who buy based on what they see or hear, not by the research they do.

I liked the older mac ads myself... but thought it was kind of funny when PC countered with some of the same stuff.
post #6 of 13 Old 12-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

I think the Mac ads are annoying, almost insulting sometimes. I own both a G5 and several PC's too, so that being said it's fair to say that a Mac is an overpriced piece of sh**. Yes, I like using Photoshop on the G5 but my 7500FX PC can do the same things AND play all the games out there very well. My G5 can't B/C they don't make that many for it, and for good reason. That's not saying Vista is a great OS, ( It's NOT- sucks majorly in 32bit form but is decent in modded x64 bit form) but Leopard is also far from the holy grail. Also the guy playing the Mac could fall off the face of the Earth and I would'nt mind. Just my *opinionated*

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
post #7 of 13 Old 12-22-2008, 09:32 PM
Postwhore with an 04

Posting Frequency

I thought they were funny at first too but they are getting old. Still not as bad as the geico caveman adds though...just let them die and come up with a new idea!
post #8 of 13 Old 12-22-2008, 11:18 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Microsoft's rebuttal:

post #9 of 13 Old 12-23-2008, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcm0018 View Post
I thought they were funny at first too but they are getting old. Still not as bad as the geico caveman adds though...just let them die and come up with a new idea!

ahahaha have you seen the one where the two of em ride up on harleys wearing vintage 80's race suits???? LAME!!!

2010 10R Superbike
post #10 of 13 Old 12-23-2008, 07:49 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Grease
yes...very lame...

Bikes: '88 EX250 (sold), '86 Nighthawk S (sold), '03 ZX7R (R.I.P.s), '07 ZX10R (sold)

I don't like repeat offenders; I like dead offenders.
My idea of 'gun control' is putting as many bullets as I can into the same hole.

- Ted Nugent
Iím all for gun control, I just define it a little differently. If you can put 2 rounds into the same hole from 25 meters, thatís gun control!
- Jesse Ventura
God gave man a brain and a penis, but only enough blood to run one at a time. - Stephen E. Ambrose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in