Lost Wallet=Major PIA - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 07-06-2010, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Lost Wallet=Major PIA

Somehow, being a moron from time to time, I lost my damn wallet yesterday..I think in Walmart, which = gone forever. Had to cancel all my credit cards and need a new driver's license.:headshake

I don't know about other states, but in FLA, to get a new D/L, you need to take your birth certificate, SS card, and at least 2 recent bills proving you live where you claim.

I had about $300 in cash, which doesn't bother me as much as the hassle of cancelling cards and getting new ones. Also need to get new health insurance cards, and a bunch of other crap.

Now, to go hunt for my birth certificate....I'm 58 and never needed it 'till now.

Just needed to vent. Just make sure you know where your important documents are located...Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Current garage inhabitants:
'13 ZX-10R
'06 GIXXER 1000
'08 Suzuki M109R LE
'08 Kawi TeryX
'10 BMW S1000RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 07-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I don't think people realize how much of a PIA this whole thing can be. It totally sucks! Sorry this happened to you man. Now I don't keep any cash in my wallet and no CC's. My wallet is basically a business card holder.

Good luck getting everything sorted out. Maybe there is one more honest person out there that'll return your wallet.

2009 ZX-10R SE
post #3 of 19 Old 07-06-2010, 09:08 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1HOOLIGAN View Post

I had about $300 in cash, which doesn't bother me as much as the hassle of cancelling cards and getting new ones. Also need to get new health insurance cards, and a bunch of other crap. .

Happen to me a few yrs back. Sucks big time.
post #4 of 19 Old 07-06-2010, 09:17 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I got pickpocketed a few years ago and when through everything you are going through. THank God I'm broke, have no cash and maxed out all my cc's

If you have nothing nice to say - "Shut the [email protected] up"
post #5 of 19 Old 07-06-2010, 09:52 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I just updated my address on my FL license. Shit was insane. I asked the dude if he needed a DNA sample as well. I was in uniform and he said jokingly that it was harder to get a florida license then join the military. I thought about it and I think it really is easier to join the military than get a florida license
post #6 of 19 Old 07-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Still here

Posting Frequency

That just about has to be against the law.

I know they are doing it but where does it state that a homeless person can't have a driver's license?
What if they live in a car- it's happened to hard working people and their families.

My buddy used to have a P.O. box as his address because he moved often, guess you can't do that anymore either.

All this because they did such a bad job for so long. I remember people in high school taking their older sibling's pink receipt into the DMV and walking out with their picture on the sibling's license info. Perfect fake ID but very illegal.

Sadly, if you go to the right place, you can still probably buy a license without even taking the test. Of course you'll need to speak spanish to get that deal.

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Snow machines create snow on ski slopes. Just sayin'
post #7 of 19 Old 07-06-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm here WAY too much..

Posting Frequency

Ugh, this is ALWAYS a pain in the ass. Definitely not a fun thing to do, I can sympathize.. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miykl View Post
"Put your brain in gear, b4 you put your mouth in motion."
post #8 of 19 Old 07-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

i actually lost mine while riding a month ago. i called and cancelled everything, and went to bed pissed off...about an hour later my boss from work calls me and says "hey, did you lose something today?" i said ya, but no worries, i already cancelled the company credit card. and he says "oh, thats too bad you went through all that trouble cuz some really cool farmer and his boy spotted it and picked all your stuff up. they even found the 3 bucks i had in there and put it back. i got my wallet back, and they wouldn't even accept a reward! i know it doesn't happen to often, but there is some good people left in the world. all in all a great experience just for that alone.
post #9 of 19 Old 07-06-2010, 11:54 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Sorry to hear...but at least be glad you're not in NY.

NY requires you to have 6 points before even being able to discuss getting an ID/DL LOL...Points being Wegmans shopper card, utility bill...BUT get this. Your SS card and your BC does not count as a point. Giving them an out of state ID/DL only gives you 2 points but if you have a NY Welfare EBT card that's 3 points lol NY sucks.
post #10 of 19 Old 07-06-2010, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Well, finally found my birth certificate. Have an appointment at 3:15 at the D/L office. Hope they don't need me to bring the doctor that birthed me...he's been dead 50 years. I believe what they want is total overkill and a kneejerk reaction to the 9/11 highjackers that got their ID so easily in Florida.

As a quick aside, Mohammed Atta, one of the 9/11 pilots, bought the car he drove to the airport at a used car dealer right around the corner from my old office in Cocoa, Fl. Couple of weeks later, the Feds show up and broke all the car trunks open with crowbars and generally trashed the place....the owner's name is Kablawi...how ironic.

Current garage inhabitants:
'13 ZX-10R
'06 GIXXER 1000
'08 Suzuki M109R LE
'08 Kawi TeryX
'10 BMW S1000RR

Last edited by R1HOOLIGAN; 07-06-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in