Los Dos Tour 2011 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 10-15-2011, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Los Dos Tour 2011

Time and finances kept my buddy and I from taking our annual bike trip last year. All we had time for was Las Vegas Bike Fest. However, this year we will be back on the road from Oct 15th-Oct 25th. It took us a couple of months and a lot of beers to settle on the trip details and of course the name. I know it doesn't make much sense but neither do we when we have been drinking. We even designed a logo and had it airbrushed on a couple of shirts. Mostly the ideal to name a trip and have a logo came from watching Long Way Around and Long Way Down. We will be leaving in the morning departing San Diego heading East. Our first major destination is Carlsbad, NM to visit the caves. Since it is 1,000 miles from San Diego we will break it up into 2 500 mile days. After the caves we will head North to try and spot some aliens in Roswell. If we don't find any aliens than we will continue north to Fort Sumner to have a drink over Billy the Kid's grave site. We figure from there to continue basically north to Los Alamos to tour the facilities where the first atomic bomb was made. From there we will head west then north stopping at the Meteor Crater in AZ and the other big hole in the ground aka the Grand Canyon. From the Grand Canyon we will go east then north to camp on the shore of Lake Powell and take the damn tour of Glen Canyon Damn. After the damn tour we will probably head north and west stopping in Kanab, UT. From Kanab we will probably go back into AZ so we can visit Colorado City one of the largest polygamist towns in the country. If that does not end up being fun then we will make our final stop in Las Vegas. We should be on the road for 10 days and cover approx 2500 miles. We plan to camp for 9 of those days and stay at a hotel on Fremont St once we get to Vegas. Our last trip up in Colorado had bears in our camp so this time we plan to be a little bit more prepared for any predators. It has not been easy getting the bike packed. 10 days on the road with a tent, sleeping bag, backpacking stove, freeze dried food, 10 pairs of underwear and socks; doesn't leave much room. I will let you know how things went once I get back. I will post updates and pics along the way on FB if anyone wants to check under Scott Parish http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00002654587422 Cheers. Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in