Looking for opinion from LEOS on this site- not a bashing thread please. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 77 Old 07-29-2010, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Still here

Posting Frequency

Looking for opinion from LEOS on this site- not a bashing thread please.

I know we have some cool LEOS on this site so I am curious to see what some of them think about the officer in this video.

And for discussion's sake, let's pretend he never arrested the girl since we don't get to see the whole thing with time stamps and all.

So if he hadn't arrested her and only acted the way he did to her and other tax paying, American citizens, (people) prior to that point, is that acceptable to you as a representation of the profession?

The other officers seemed cool. If you think you are being "baited" why react to such a harmless thing?
They are clearly in a protest or Orwellian, "free speech zone."
You can watch his blood boil and his breaths get quick, he's clearly about to lose it. IMO.
I think he was pissed to have to work that detail to begin with and someone was destined to be arrested regardless of actions.

begin sarcasim- I can't imagine why our courts are over burdened or why judges would get used to having to throw crap out of court. /sarcasim

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Snow machines create snow on ski slopes. Just sayin'

Last edited by ZX10Miami; 07-29-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 77 Old 07-29-2010, 11:35 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Brandon
he gave her fair warning. and she proceeded to do it.

im not a LEO, but i can understand his point. why keep pushing his buttons, not worth it... stop being an idiot girl. get a job.

Live it before its too late.
post #3 of 77 Old 07-29-2010, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Still here

Posting Frequency

Well, we didn't see her do it again. And I'm really talking less about the arrest and just his attitude in general.
The way he handled it seemed way too much threat and not enough logic, common sense.

But it's blowing freaking bubbles, is that really worth the court's time.

Is it even a lawful request to tell her to stop blowing freaking bubbles outside in public.

Even if he is technically right, I think it's wrong and it looks bad for good cops like my cousin. The lady cop next to him had her glasses on her head, didn't seem bothered and seemed surprised when the other guy's blood pressure visibly spiked.
Almost like she wanted to take a step away from him herself.

But I really want LEO opinions because we seem to have some pretty level headed ones on this board.

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Last edited by ZX10Miami; 07-29-2010 at 11:52 AM.
post #4 of 77 Old 07-29-2010, 11:56 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm not a LEO but I did law enforcement in the Coast Guard and I will say this. Your there to do a job. And part of the job is to maintain an area for your safety and theirs. And having some bratty little girl distracting you by blowing bubbles in your face trying to be cute does not help. Was he a little over the top? Maybe. But then again you only see one part. Who knows what had been happening 10 minutes before that. He could have ASKED her not to blow bubbles. She didn't listen so he had to step it up a notch.

Stupidity and Motivation are a dangerous combination

Velocity Calibrations
post #5 of 77 Old 07-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Chickenstrip Eater

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to SUPER K
I just love bubbles. Why's the fuzz always hatin on bubbles? Obama is gonna set my bubbles free, all it takes is a little change.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o45/josh10r/IMG_0144-1-1-1.jpg
Sent from your mom's IPhone using dirty fingers
post #6 of 77 Old 07-29-2010, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Still here

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by evallarta1 View Post
I'm not a LEO but I did law enforcement in the Coast Guard and I will say this. Your there to do a job. And part of the job is to maintain an area for your safety and theirs. And having some bratty little girl distracting you by blowing bubbles in your face trying to be cute does not help. Was he a little over the top? Maybe. But then again you only see one part. Who knows what had been happening 10 minutes before that. He could have ASKED her not to blow bubbles. She didn't listen so he had to step it up a notch.
Fair point. He could have asked nicely that we didn't see. I still think he should have kept his cool.

It was pretty clearly inspired by that 60's thing where they put flowers in the soldiers guns... but it was still just bubbles.
They let children play with bubbles and he was trying to act like they were a threat.
An annoyance maybe, but not a threat, not violent and I'm not sure he has a right to force her to stop. He can ask, but calling it assault is crazy.

That is like when a bad cop bumps into someone on purpose and calls it assault on an officer.

Last edited by ZX10Miami; 07-29-2010 at 12:05 PM.
post #7 of 77 Old 07-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Damn I'm Getting Old

Posting Frequency

She was deliberately antagonizing him. He's there to do a job, and she is trying to distract him from it.

Also, the video doesn't even show why she was arrested. Evidently the person filming decided to leave out that part to make us believe it was just for blowing bubbles. The original officer involved wasn't even the one handcuffing her.

Tell me you like having some little twit blowing bubbles in your face when you're trying to do your job.

post #8 of 77 Old 07-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Pimp/Player

Posting Frequency

If I was the officer I would of asked the girl for the bubble bottle so i could blow some then pour it out give it back to her and be done with it.No harm no foul

post #9 of 77 Old 07-29-2010, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Still here

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooki View Post
She was deliberately antagonizing him. He's there to do a job, and she is trying to distract him from it.

Also, the video doesn't even show why she was arrested. Evidently the person filming decided to leave out that part to make us believe it was just for blowing bubbles. The original officer involved wasn't even the one handcuffing her.

Tell me you like having some little twit blowing bubbles in your face when you're trying to do your job.
I'm not so worried about the arrest part as his attitude through out.
As said, we didn't see the whole thing so maybe she did something that did warrant getting arrested that we didn't see.

I wouldn't like it and I could see myself getting that pissed. That's how I know I couldn't be a good officer. But I also might realize that I'm working a protest, where Americans had to be fenced into an area to express an opinion, and that what she was doing was silly and there were cameras just waiting for what he gave them. In fact, he damn near could have sparked actual trouble by pissing the whole crowd off.

I am reminded of the cops show where somone is freaking out about getting a ticket. Yelling, screaming, tears up the ticket and throws it out.

All the officer does is tell them to pick it up or be cited for littering. Guy is a saint, that person was begging for it.
I think he tells them to have a nice day. He doesn't let it ruin his.

Last edited by ZX10Miami; 07-29-2010 at 12:16 PM.
post #10 of 77 Old 07-29-2010, 12:17 PM
Blitzkrieg

Posting Frequency

with that being the only footage, im not going to comment on the arrest. or the officers "attitude" either. but yes, that could be only a deterrent to a potential threat. as for the douche walking over and putting in his 2 cents about for a billion dollars he could have gotten a better officer, or something to that affect. its sh!t like that, that gets you involved in something that was none of your business to begin with. for the bubble blower, if you want to blow your harmless bubbles, simply walk away and blow them elsewhere. problem solved. but there is not enough footage to say who was in the wrong, but as rude as it may seem, they are not being paid to hang out and be your buddy, and make you feel special. they are there to protect the well being and safety of the public as a whole. sad truth is, is does'nt matter what we do, we are always under the micro-scope, and we are typically left to make decisions for everyone else monday morning quarterback.

"There is always time to think about what you want to do,
Until it comes time to start doing what you were meant to do."

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.~unknown~

"The true test of a mans character is how he treats someone, from whom he has nothing to gain"

"It's the things that people don't know about themselves on the inside, that make them afraid"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in