Looking at a atv - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 09-08-2012, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Looking at a atv

So I'm pretty set on the kfx 400 but on a very low budget.looking for something used even broken.i came across a07 bombardier ds 650 needs a tune up and battery for 1k.any one know much about this quad?i just know its big bulky heavy.and doesn't have reverse.and its not akawi.all thing i don't like lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 09-09-2012, 08:12 AM
I'm here WAY too much..

Posting Frequency

KFX400's are really nice and pretty fast too.. If you're on a low budget look around for a Banshee.. Lightning fast, cheap and Sooooooo much fun. That and quadzilla are the two most legendary quads I think, and for good reason..2 stroke though, not sure if your looking for one of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miykl View Post
"Put your brain in gear, b4 you put your mouth in motion."
post #3 of 25 Old 09-09-2012, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

i was thinking of the banshee, but i wanted to go 4stroke so i have less of a chance to annoy people. the sound travels a bit lol. I found a 01 raptor 660, but im hearing they break alot.
post #4 of 25 Old 09-09-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm here WAY too much..

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolo View Post
i was thinking of the banshee, but i wanted to go 4stroke so i have less of a chance to annoy people. the sound travels a bit lol. I found a 01 raptor 660, but im hearing they break alot.
I had a raptor 660.. They have starter issues sometimes. I had to fix mine, it was an easy fix though. The bike is beast for sure, but not very light or nimble. Other than that, didn't have any complaints. I ended throwing an edelbrock slide carb in there because on long and tall wheelies, the stock carb would choke out. They respond well to mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miykl View Post
"Put your brain in gear, b4 you put your mouth in motion."
post #5 of 25 Old 09-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Are you looking for a speed related ATV or more of a hunting or work related one.

post #6 of 25 Old 09-09-2012, 04:33 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

the ds650 is a torque monster and goes right around 75 top speed

-famousoutlaw-
09 ZX10r 8000k HIDS, Red led running lights, Akrapovic slip on.
post #7 of 25 Old 09-09-2012, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Speed.power.good for trails.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #8 of 25 Old 09-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Can't beat a yfz450, awesome machines. I ride dirtbikes now but that was a fun quad.

09 Lime 10R "Hulk"-Racefit Growler, PC5 and tuned, K&N race,-1 +2. bunch of cosmetic stuff too.
post #9 of 25 Old 09-10-2012, 03:37 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
I did some serious seat time on the Honda CRF450R and had a real blast. Im not sure how much better the 700 would be if any but I would own the 450 in a heart beat.

post #10 of 25 Old 09-10-2012, 04:09 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

The 450r's run close with a raptor til about 70mph. They are much lighter and handle well like most hondas. You can get a Honda 400EX for cheap. They have jug kit that will take it to a 440 but those have head gasket issues. My buddy wanted reliablity on his so he dropped some stage 1 cams and hi compression piston it haven't broken yet but it requires 110 octane. He gets his out maybe twice a year so the extra fuel cost doesn't concern him. The cams make it a little high strung for trails but it rips up the dunes and creek beds.

I will always be partial to 86-89 Honda TRX 250R's. That is what I learned on when I was 9. I now have an 89 and miss the long swing arm of the 86 that I learned on. I guess people bitched about the first one understeering and was unresponsive but it hammer the gas it will rotate. I can remember 120 lbs ago going lock to lock fishtailing at 70mph on asphalt. Good times.

I guess it depends on what your budget is.

War is about killing people and breaking things. It ain't the olympics. Its not supposed to be fair. Tom Clancy

ialsodontknowwhynewpeoplecantseperatetheirthoghtss owecanreadthemitmakesitunweidlyandannoyingtryingto decipherwhattheyaretryingtosaysoiusuallyjustmoveon atleastyouusedpuncuationthoughsocongratsonthatbutm aybeinthefutureyoucanhelpusalloutbecauseyouoranyon eelsewillgetmorerepliesifyoudontwriteonebigrunonth atsimpossibletoread

Last edited by sam_b03; 09-10-2012 at 04:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in