lo-jack? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 10-03-2006, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to 05ZixxR
lo-jack?

how many members here have a lo-jack system in their 10's? After reading sonny boys post about his misfortunes last night, and seeing a Lo-Jack commercial on TV the other night, im gonna look into it for sure. Soooo, how many of ya have it, have had it...any experiences, feedback, comments, whatever...love to hear em

full ahead hard and fast....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 10-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Don't have it, may spring for it on next bike- already installed before pick up maybe haggle it into the sale.
Friend got his mustang back with it.

Sat tracking is an option too, in a big city most cop cars are going to have lojack trackers though and that allows the cops direct hands on tracking over a go between with satellite.

Lojack is careful about who they allow to install it- problem is real (smart/professional scumbag) theives will have it installed on a legit bike and then figure out where it is mounted.

Still for about $900 and maybe some insurance savings- could be worth it.

How well could it be hidden on a zx10r? not to many open spaces to hide something even the size of a cell phone.

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Snow machines create snow on ski slopes. Just sayin'
post #3 of 31 Old 10-03-2006, 08:24 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Not aval. in Alabama or I would have it already lost one bike would be worth it to me.

post #4 of 31 Old 10-03-2006, 08:31 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangman39
Not aval. in Alabama or I would have it already lost one bike would be worth it to me.
Maybe sat tracking for you then.http://www.phantomtracking.com/Store...l?body=company

Can also alert help when you wipe out- supposedly, kind of imitating on star.

They better not monitor speeding though, damn Orwellian slant on society lately.

here is a lower buget way you could do it but you'd have to be quick before they found and tossed the tracker- it will call and alert you though.

http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/ca...uct/sku__MT200

Sophisticated real-time security and tracking device uses global GPS and wireless Internet communication to secretly keep tabs on anything that moves.
Keep it hidden in the trunk of a car, stashed in a child's backpack, zipped into a computer briefcase anything you want to keep track of and be able to find!
Program speed limits and distance restrictions Locate 1 will automatically send a message when it moves or travels too far or too fast, based on those limits you set!
Features automatic updates every hour. Easy-to-read reports summarize Locate 1's daily activity and movements over the past 30 days.
No bigger than a deck of cards, weighs no more than a cell phone.
Requires Web service subscription; monthly fees range from $19.95 to $49.95, plus activation fee.

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

post #5 of 31 Old 10-03-2006, 08:49 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

The dealer I purchased the 10 from offers LocJack today, but didn't back when I purchased it new. I believe the installed price is around $600.

The one thing I find really hokey about LoJack is that they don't offer LoJack decals for the bike. Their website FAQ claims they're not a deterrent, but a recovery device.

Personally, I'd rather someone deterred than ending up with a partially stripped motorcycle. I guess they're just trying to protect their little piece of the world.

Dress for the slide & not the ride
post #6 of 31 Old 10-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by circusnuts
The dealer I purchased the 10 from offers LocJack today, but didn't back when I purchased it new. I believe the installed price is around $600.

The one thing I find really hokey about LoJack is that they don't offer LoJack decals for the bike. Their website FAQ claims they're not a deterrent, but a recovery device.

Personally, I'd rather someone deterred than ending up with a partially stripped motorcycle. I guess they're just trying to protect their little piece of the world.
But if they KNOW that it has lojack then it will go into a special van or cargo container and be stripped now, rather than be left somewhere and watched for a day or two to see if it is located or just get ridden and hopefully caught.

That is why no warning sticker- use a pager alarm for that and a decal of a big gun maybe.

post #7 of 31 Old 10-03-2006, 09:50 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10Miami
That is why no warning sticker- use a pager alarm for that and a decal of a big gun maybe.
Or maybe I should just buy a BMW

From what I've seen, you can practically leave the key and no one will take the thing.

Dress for the slide & not the ride
post #8 of 31 Old 10-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by circusnuts
Or maybe I should just buy a BMW

From what I've seen, you can practically leave the key and no one will take the thing.
Yeah- no BMW rider is buying hot parts or even used likely.

A BMW labeled motorcycle cover that goes to the ground covering wheels is an old theft deterent trick. Specially when beemers were all ugly "toasters" and no sporties.

post #9 of 31 Old 10-03-2006, 11:18 PM
MIA mod

Posting Frequency

Thanks for the links Miami. Rep on the way.

Some days will stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark.
post #10 of 31 Old 10-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpz1100
Thanks for the links Miami. Rep on the way.

Thanks man- found another gps tracker today in back of cycleworld, pg 131 november.

http://www.cycleprotect.com

http://www.bikernewsonline.com/2005/...shed-bikes.htm

some decent links on their site too.

Last edited by ZX10Miami; 10-04-2006 at 02:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in