A little help for a first bike - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 07-07-2004, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

A little help for a first bike

My wife has expressed interest in getting her own bike. The EX500 looks to be the route to go, cheap, moderately quick and ugly enough that I won't care too much when she lays it over.
Anyone out there know anything about these bikes? I'd like something for her to ride on not for me to work on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 07-08-2004, 12:26 AM

Posting Frequency

The 500 is a great bike to learn on. They've been using the same engine design for many many years, so it's bulletproof. Plus it has some umph to get out of it's own way unlike the 250 hehe. The '05's come in black too...what more could ya want? lol

If I wanted a cheap beater bike to commute on and what not, that would be a bike I'd look at. Easy to sell too...popular beginner bike or for the college kids on a budget looking to get around.

If she drops it no big deal...can always take the streetfighter route! Sorry I have a fetish :p

I do miss her :(

-Frank
post #3 of 21 Old 07-08-2004, 01:29 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Re: A little help for a first bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
After knowing the woman that is my wife for over eight years, the words I have longed to hear for a very long time came out of her mouth; "I want to learn how to ride a bike." I'm very happy to have lived to see this but I not sure what type of bike to look for. The EX500 looks to be the route to go, cheap, moderately quick and ugly enough that I won't care too much when she lays it over.
Anyone out there know anything about these bikes? I'd like something for her to ride on not for me to work on.
Funny. I just bought one for my wife!! Good beginner bike (as Thundercleez mentions). We happened to pick up a stellar deal on an older one, but they do have decent power & OK handling. One of the lowest seat heights (& center of gravity) and very low weight make them easy to handle & inspire confidence in beginners (I think). The resale is also good (we actually had to jump on this one because all the other ones we saw for sale kept getting sold like the first few days after the ad came out). We actually ride hers most of the time for 2up riding because it's more comfortable (the video I posted being the exception).

Xusia, H.S.B.E. (High Speed Bug Exterminator)

Got speed?!?
post #4 of 21 Old 07-08-2004, 07:20 AM

Posting Frequency

I got my wife the 636 for her first bike, put new dogbones on it lowering it 3 inch in the rear, also dropped the triple clamp in the front. Wife is only 5'2". Shes having a blast, every ride we go on shes a little more agressive and less unsure of herself. She likes it because its a bike that fits in with everyone elses. She didnt want one of the smaller bikes just to have it refered to as a girls bike hehe. With the 636 they cant say that since over half the people we ride with ride 600CC bikes.
post #5 of 21 Old 07-08-2004, 01:30 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Andy, just if your interested. The guy I sold my 6R to lives down the street for me and he has a 04 250 for sale. It is yellow and I don't know how much he's asking for it but I can find out for you if you want. With me living close to Dallas, I'm not far away from Ft. Worth either.

Hell yeah it's fast..........DUMBASS!

CMRA Novice #921
Chaos Racing BBE #78
post #6 of 21 Old 07-08-2004, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick
Andy, just if your interested. The guy I sold my 6R to lives down the street for me and he has a 04 250 for sale. It is yellow and I don't know how much he's asking for it but I can find out for you if you want. With me living close to Dallas, I'm not far away from Ft. Worth either.
Yeah ask him how much, thanks for the help.
post #7 of 21 Old 07-11-2004, 05:37 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Quote:
Andy, I checked with the neighbor and he already sold it. Sorry bro, I tried. I'll keep my eyes peeled for something else!

Hell yeah it's fast..........DUMBASS!

CMRA Novice #921
Chaos Racing BBE #78
post #8 of 21 Old 07-11-2004, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Andy, I checked with the neighbor and he already sold it. Sorry bro, I tried. I'll keep my eyes peeled for something else!
Thanks for asking Riddick.
post #9 of 21 Old 07-13-2004, 06:53 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I got my wife the ZX6E for her first bike. Incredibly forgiving and comfy. And doesn't look like a "wuss" bike either, and can still move well, and you can usually find them fairly cheap as well.

If you are not smoking your pucks and scuffing your sidewalls, you are just not livin'!!!

Kwak
post #10 of 21 Old 07-13-2004, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwakman
I got my wife the ZX6E for her first bike. Incredibly forgiving and comfy. And doesn't look like a "wuss" bike either, and can still move well, and you can usually find them fairly cheap as well.
I'll look into those as well, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in