let me shake it up: creationism and evolution - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
View Poll Results: do you believe in God?
Yes 37 67.27%
No 17 30.91%
Not Sure If I believe in God but Maybe there is some force or God that controls ALL 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 262 Old 08-22-2009, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
inappropriate

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to hesaves0211
let me shake it up: creationism and evolution

Im going to throw the forum off its axel for a bit just because and its been a while since this pita has done so.

Lets begin with my revelation:
creationism and evolution, there is room for the both to exist. just read the book of genesis for what it is (whether youre a christian or not, im not trying to bother anyone with that), apply general scientific theory and youll see that man came from dust see Gen 2:7"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul", before man a theory or theories known as the gap theory arises(between Gen 1:1 and 1:2 to be particular). in short this time span couldve been millions of years. i leave this open for your two-cents to include other pre-adamite conclusions and such (fyi, adam is just hebrew for man). i will say that scientific theories supports cataclysmic disasters like the flood meteors.

back to evolution, picture this theory as a single word with many many specific definitions or theories- those many definitions are what distract atheist and christians alike.

my take on creation science supports the gap theory and declines that man came from apes or animals evolved- that is scientifically wrong, show me PROOF where its true. in the beginning there were "kinds" of animals that were crossbred, period (not humans). the cavemen you see in museums have enlarged craniums and brows for these facts: your brow and scull will continue to grow as you age. they were hunched over and had larger knuckles because of something we call arthritis, which im sure youd have too if you lived off the land for over 100yrs. with that said i believe the earth had a atmosphere we are not familiar with today. an atmosphere before a great flood when the earth erupted and sky fell- so to say. men in that time lived hundreds of years which explains their skulls because they werent impacted by the sun and atmosphere as we are today.

what grinds my gears is how our vernacular can adopt such a broad word like evolution and wage war on it. there are so many types of evolution to define. what im supporting here is that we could have very well came from a single-cell, the planet is likely millions, dinosaurs werent always dinosaurs until the 1800's when the word came to be but called dragons (esp in scripture and in many other cultures), the flood occurred (in many cultures they speak of a great flood), and man lived much longer before the flood.

yes, im bringing to the table my views as a christian, i will not force them down anyone's throat but would like an atheist to chew on what theories both scripture and science supports.

1ST GEN-10R 234hp/[email protected], GT2871RS, cometic gasket, tial bov/ex wastegate, BEGI FMU, WALBRO fuel pump,falicon clutch basket,race pak clutch,200/50 pilot,yana-shiki levers,.net wristband, WEGO III,PC3,GPR damper,cbr cals/Galfer SS brake lines,gp shift,1/5 throttle, 2NDARIES REMOVED <<click for how-to, *R.I.P D.J 10 Apr 04*

Last edited by hesaves0211; 08-22-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 262 Old 08-22-2009, 04:43 PM
.net Most Followed Member

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesaves0211 View Post
Im going to throw the forum off its axel for a bit just because and its been a while since this pita has done so.

creationism and evolution, there is room for the both to exist. just read the book of genesis for what it is (whether youre a christian or not, im not trying to bother anyone with that), apply general scientific theory and youll see that man came from dust see Gen 2:7, before man (between Gen 1:1 and 1:2 to be particular) a theory or theories known as the gap theory arises. in short this time span couldve been millions of years. i leave this open for your two-cents to include other pre-adamite conclusions and such (fyi, adam is just hebrew for man). i will say that scientific theories supports cataclysmic disasters like the flood meteors.

back to evolution, picture this "theory" as a single word with many many specific definitions- those many definitions are what distract atheist and christians alike.

my take on creation science supports the gap theory and declines that man came from apes or animals evolved- that is scientifically wrong, show me PROOF where its true. in the beginning there were "kinds" of animals that were crossbred, period (not humans). the cavemen you see in museums have enlarged craniums and brows for these facts: your brow and scull will continue to grow as you age. they were hunched over and had larger knuckles because of something we call arthritis, which im sure youd have too if you lived off the land for over 100yrs. with that said i believe the earth had a atmosphere we are not familiar with today. an atmosphere before a great flood when the earth erupted and sky fell- so to say. men in that time lived hundreds of years which explains their skulls because they werent impacted by the sun and atmosphere as we are today.

what grinds my gears is how our vernacular can adopt such a broad word like evolution and wage war on it. there are so many types of evolution to define. what im supporting here is that we could have very well came from a single-cell, the planet is likely millions, dinosaurs werent always dinosaurs until the 1800's when the word came to be but called dragons (esp in scripture and in many other cultures), the flood occurred (in many cultures they speak of a great flood), and man lived much longer before the flood.

yes, im bringing to the table my views as a christian, i will not force them down anyone's throat but would like an atheist to chew on what theories both scripture and science supports.
Indeed J.

post #3 of 262 Old 08-22-2009, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
inappropriate

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to hesaves0211
heyy ferner, get back in your hole haha.

i was just doing a load of reading and research to come to this conclusion. mind you, i prob read more than the typical atheist would to defend their opinions. my theory is just a derivative of the gap theory and evolution. i feel most christians will not accept the word evolution because itd admit fault as most atheist will not accept creationism for the same reason. the fact of the matter at hand is that the gap theory or theories (which is supported of both christian and atheist study, mainly judeo-christian) can successfully coexist to an extent.

what im putting on the table here is that biblical scripture supports science in many ways to include even that of "earths planetary evolution", cataclysm, and that we arent of ape but man via a complex single-cel organism. keep in mind there is no physical evidence of ANY type of evolution just theories. with that said, i personally believe in my studies and that god created man and that our planets origin and our origin is stated all throughout scripture.

1ST GEN-10R 234hp/[email protected], GT2871RS, cometic gasket, tial bov/ex wastegate, BEGI FMU, WALBRO fuel pump,falicon clutch basket,race pak clutch,200/50 pilot,yana-shiki levers,.net wristband, WEGO III,PC3,GPR damper,cbr cals/Galfer SS brake lines,gp shift,1/5 throttle, 2NDARIES REMOVED <<click for how-to, *R.I.P D.J 10 Apr 04*

Last edited by hesaves0211; 08-22-2009 at 04:58 PM.
post #4 of 262 Old 08-22-2009, 04:55 PM

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
heyy ferner, get back in your hole haha.

i was just doing a load of reading and research to come to this conclusion. mind you, i prob read more than the typical atheist would to defend their opinions. my theory is just a derivative of the gap theory and evolution. i feel most christians will not accept the word evolution because itd admit fault as most atheist will not accept creationism for the same reason. the fact of the matter at hand is that the gap theory or theories (which is supported of both christian and atheist study, mainly judeo-christian) can successfully coexist to an extent.
:headshake Bully

post #5 of 262 Old 08-22-2009, 05:01 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:

creationism and evolution, there is room for the both to exist. just read the book of genesis for what it is (whether youre a christian or not, im not trying to bother anyone with that), apply general scientific theory and youll see that man came from dust see Gen 2:7"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul", before man a theory or theories known as the gap theory arises(between Gen 1:1 and 1:2 to be particular). in short this time span couldve been millions of years. i leave this open for your two-cents to include other pre-adamite conclusions and such (fyi, adam is just hebrew for man). i will say that scientific theories supports cataclysmic disasters like the flood meteors.

back to evolution, picture this theory as a single word with many many specific definitions or theories- those many definitions are what distract atheist and christians alike.

it really depends on if you believe the Bible to be the ultimate truth, and which version of the Bible it is.

fact. the Bible contradicts scientific dating measurements
or if you like, scientific dating measurements contradicts the Bible
post #6 of 262 Old 08-22-2009, 05:10 PM

Posting Frequency

Garage
Aight.... guitarplayer and zx10miami are here now, time to go All we need now is Hill and Whispering ninny.

post #7 of 262 Old 08-22-2009, 05:11 PM
PostWhore

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to GuitarPlyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkey420 View Post
it really depends on if you believe the Bible to be the ultimate truth, and which version of the Bible it is.

Science may think it proves the bible wrong, but there has to be error in it. The bible in no way or no where contradicts itself, and there is no error in it. Thats not just something I believe, but what God says, so it is Truth undeniable.

Im not going to get into any kind of religious debate again on this forum, however if someone is seeking the truth, and is tired of believing blindly, your welcome to PM me, and Ill be happy to discuss it further.

John 8:24:
Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."
post #8 of 262 Old 08-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Damn I'm Getting Old

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkey420 View Post

Like it or not, as the Bible was written (and rewritten) by men, it is fallible as men are. The contradictions could just be mistranslations.

post #9 of 262 Old 08-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

My question is this.

Who created god? Did he just spontaneously come into existence? Did he somehow create himself before he existed?

If he could just spontaneously come into existence, then why couldn't the universe have just happened.

Bible was written by man and translated many times which means alteration.
There are some good lessons in it but too many people use it as a bully pulpit.

We live in a country that doesn't require you to be religious but churches get to be tax free including the ones on tv ripping people off, and religion interferes with many aspects of life.

Not exactly what the founding fathers had in mind with separation of church and state.

It's kind of funny, there are many religions that you don't believe in, I just add one more to the list.

Dinner is ready....I'll check back later.

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Snow machines create snow on ski slopes. Just sayin'
post #10 of 262 Old 08-22-2009, 05:16 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarPlyr View Post
Science may think it proves the bible wrong, but there has to be error in it. The bible in no way or no where contradicts itself, and there is no error in it. Thats not just something I believe, but what God says, so it is Truth undeniable.

Im not going to get into any kind of religious debate again on this forum, however if someone is seeking the truth, and is tired of believing blindly, your welcome to PM me, and Ill be happy to discuss it further.
The Truth in the past has been very arbitrary and was always written by those in power. Science changed that. Lets not go back to the Dark Ages now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in