Learn how to ride in one hour!?? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 05-01-2015, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Learn how to ride in one hour!??

Im open to opinions on this but this shit really burns me up. How could anyone, aside from some fucktard, think that a total newb or whatever youd call someone who has NEVER RIDDEN could learn how to ride a motorcycle in ONE HOUR?

07 Yamaha Vstar 650, GREAT STARTER BIKE! I'll teach U2 ride it!

I mean yea, it IS Craigslist and idiots abound but still, I sent a few pretty nasty texts to the person saying I hope they don't hurt/kill anyone with their shitty hour long "crash course". I honestly don't care how you learned to ride but if you learned from your sisters friends uncle or whoever in the backyard somewhere with a cruiser on grass or dirt or whatever backyard method you used - don't perpetuate things by teaching someone in that same fashion. AND don't ever think you can teach good fundamentals in one fucking hour! Don't know about some of you guys but I took my riding course pretty seriously and it taught me some really good habits. Holy fucking soapbox!!! Ok, im done

...for now

Oh yea and.......

"Am I wrong? Am I wrong here??"
...."No Walter you're just an Asshole!"
dudewhrsmybike likes this.

Live Til You Die - QOTSA

We will all die but only a select few of us will ever truly live.

We all will feed the worms and tree's so dont be shy
- QOTSA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 05-01-2015, 11:04 AM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I hate selling motorcycles because I feel obligated to grill the people buying them over their ability, experience, and whether the have a motorcycle license. I realize that's probably not my responsibility but I won't sell it to someone if I think they are going to get hurt on it before they get out of my driveway.
MrMoto73 and White Fang like this.

post #3 of 26 Old 05-01-2015, 11:33 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
I hate selling motorcycles because I feel obligated to grill the people buying them over their ability, experience, and whether the have a motorcycle license. I realize that's probably not my responsibility but I won't sell it to someone if I think they are going to get hurt on it before they get out of my driveway.
So then it would be safe to assume you don't recommend the ZX-10R as a first bike?
Capncalyx likes this.
post #4 of 26 Old 05-01-2015, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Didn't see that thread before I read your post ^^^^^^^^^^. Too funny!

Live Til You Die - QOTSA

We will all die but only a select few of us will ever truly live.

We all will feed the worms and tree's so dont be shy
- QOTSA
post #5 of 26 Old 05-01-2015, 01:00 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Fang View Post
So then it would be safe to assume you don't recommend the ZX-10R as a first bike?
Well, I wouldn't think that would be a "wise" decision personally. If said person has a lot of dirt bike experience (they already know how to ride a motorcycle) and that would be their first "street" bike and this person knew how to control "themselves" then it "could" be an option. But, if it's just plain their first motorcycle and have never ridden before then I would definitely recommend something else. "Maybe" a Ninja 250. :) I started riding motorcycles (minibikes) when I was 4 (almost 50 years now) so I am at a disadvantage of not knowing what it is like to learn how to ride a motorcycle as an adult. I also used to drive other vehicles with a clutch (most people never even do that today). That includes tractors, cars, trucks (3 on the floor or 3 on the tree) :), semis, etc. :)

Last edited by tdh; 05-01-2015 at 01:07 PM.
post #6 of 26 Old 05-01-2015, 02:42 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Well, I wouldn't think that would be a "wise" decision personally. If said person has a lot of dirt bike experience (they already know how to ride a motorcycle) and that would be their first "street" bike and this person knew how to control "themselves" then it "could" be an option. But, if it's just plain their first motorcycle and have never ridden before then I would definitely recommend something else. "Maybe" a Ninja 250. :) I started riding motorcycles (minibikes) when I was 4 (almost 50 years now) so I am at a disadvantage of not knowing what it is like to learn how to ride a motorcycle as an adult. I also used to drive other vehicles with a clutch (most people never even do that today). That includes tractors, cars, trucks (3 on the floor or 3 on the tree) :), semis, etc. :)
Yea me too, first minibike at 10 yrs old. Drove many tractors, pickups and so on from that age. Ninja 300 sounds like a good plan.
post #7 of 26 Old 05-01-2015, 03:00 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

One of our old tractors even had a hand clutch (John Deere 60) so it was just like riding a motorcyle. Okay, it was absolutely NOTHING like riding a motorcycle. :)

post #8 of 26 Old 05-01-2015, 05:46 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

MSF used to say not even necessary to know how to ride a bicycle! They changed that claim awhile back.

One thing for certain: take FOREVER to learn how to ride. I mean forever.
White Fang likes this.
post #9 of 26 Old 05-04-2015, 01:46 AM
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
Quote:
One of our old tractors even had a hand clutch (John Deere 60) so it was just like riding a motorcyle. Okay, it was absolutely NOTHING like riding a motorcycle. :)
First tractor I ever drove was a JD 730 diesel with a hand clutch. My most favorite tractor ever.

I DON"T HAZ ANY SNYDER PROBLEMS
post #10 of 26 Old 05-04-2015, 01:51 AM
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
When I taught my wife to ride it took her an hour just to figure out how to ease the clutch out and "walk" the bike from one end of the parking lot to the other. One hour learn to ride... Right.

I DON"T HAZ ANY SNYDER PROBLEMS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in