Kids say the darnest things. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 07-30-2010, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Kids say the darnest things.

Leaving the gym with my daughter who was about 4.5 yrs old at that time, we are driving in a truck and she is sitting in the car seat in the front with me.

A cab drives by with an African guy driving it. She says ih her own words, dad I want to be a cab dlivel (driver) but only bwak (black) people can be cab drivers.

I said what, what did you just say.

I was like, look baby, you can be whatever you want, skin color doesnt matter, but I have no idea why you want to be a cab driver though, how about a doctor, scientist, teacher or something like that.

We get home and I figured out the puzzle, the neighbor an Ethiopian family is a cab driver aswell and she put 2 and 2 together and thought that it was the way the world is, kids see the world in the simplest ways.

Just some things that you as a father dont forget about what the kids say.

Puig Screen, Carbon Scorpion Slipons, Starrotors HID, Champs Sliders, Targa Fender Eliminator, GIPRO/ATRE, Rim Stripe, CRG Shorty Levers, Galfer SS Lines. ZX14 Nissin Calipers, Puig Carbon Rear Fender, Attack Racing Carbon Front Fender, Vortex Mirror Blockoffs, Oberon Barend Mirror, BMC Race Air Filter, Carbon Fiber Heel Guards, Stomp Grip, Speedo Healer, 16t front Sprocket
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-31-2010, 12:36 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
IF even half the population was as opened minded as children then the world would probably be a better place.

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

post #3 of 11 Old 07-31-2010, 12:52 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

an x's kid, the first time i heard her curse, she was around 4 ...
i was walking by her and scrunched up her hair. she said "you messed up my fucking hair!"
post #4 of 11 Old 07-31-2010, 12:57 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

When I was young in the car with my mom, I guess she had a habit of calling other drivers idiots or dummies out loud in the car when they did something dumb.

One day I corrected her by saying, "mommy, that idiot is no dummy."

I wish I could remember more than just the story. My guess is that he cut us off but did it well where he kept moving and didn't slow us down. So I concluded that he was not dumb but an idiot that knew what he did.

Still doesn't bother me if someone cuts it close in the car so long as they seem competent and keep moving. The idiots that do it without knowing you are there on the other hand.... idiots.

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Snow machines create snow on ski slopes. Just sayin'
post #5 of 11 Old 07-31-2010, 01:01 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

And my grandmother always used to tell me to eat my carrots and I could see in the dark. (Not sure why because I liked carrots and ate them without complaint.)

Anyhow, one day she said this to me and I turned her and said, "But I can reach the light switch now." I don't think I could pull it down yet but I could flick it up to turn it on.

My friend's kid wanted to know how Santa got around the alarm system and figured that deal out on his own. Good stuff.

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

post #6 of 11 Old 07-31-2010, 01:10 PM
Chickenstrip Eater

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to SUPER K
My 3 year old son was helping me wash my truck last week, sprayed himself with the hose accidentally am said "God damnit" in the perfect tone. Can't imagine where he got that one?

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o45/josh10r/IMG_0144-1-1-1.jpg
Sent from your mom's IPhone using dirty fingers
post #7 of 11 Old 07-31-2010, 01:13 PM

Posting Frequency

I was walking thru walmart puching the cart with my daughter in it when she was maybe 5 or so and momma was in front of us doing the shiopping and i use to always have a bad habit 0f saying the word "shit" and my little girl had a donut in a napkin going to town on it and all of a sudden she dropped it and it fell between her legs right out the leg hole in the cart and onto the floor.....i will NEVER forget her looking down after it fell and she said ohhhhh shit. then instantly looked up at me with the deer in the headlight look on her face and said OH SHIT again!!!! like she caught herself slipping up saying it the first time BUT she just said it again!!(like she was saying oh shit,.... i said oh shit) she didn't have another way to express what she felt right then and there except to say it after she caught herself !!! i could only try to hide my grin and i swear if looks could kill? momma was giving me a winner after that happened!!

Last edited by TMY10ER; 07-31-2010 at 01:21 PM.
post #8 of 11 Old 07-31-2010, 01:15 PM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPER K View Post
My 3 year old son was helping me wash my truck last week, sprayed himself with the hose accidentally am said "God damnit" in the perfect tone. Can't imagine where he got that one?
I got a visual after reading that!!! just like they say it without knowing it's bad for a split secon anyway. they just absorb what's around them! like little cussing spounges!!!

post #9 of 11 Old 07-31-2010, 01:17 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPER K View Post
LOL

So these stories are older kids but-

My dad was a principal. Back in the 70's there were no dress codes.
Large breasted girl approx 8th grade was dressing in a way that was causing a lot of excitement with the guys and generally being a distraction.

Dad calls the mom in for a meeting, she shows up dressed just like the daughter dresses, big boobs, no bra and all.

Dad said, "Never mind, we took care of the situation." There was no winning that one.

Another time, similar thing but the kid was in trouble for cussing a lot.

Parent comes in, dad explains problem, parent turns and cusses the kid out using every word in the book.
Turns back to my dad with a straight face and in all seriousness says, "I don't know where he gets it from but you let me know if it continues to be a problem."

post #10 of 11 Old 07-31-2010, 03:06 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

haahahahhahaha cool stories!

“Ride like you are invisible.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in