Katrina victims to get 2K debit cards - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 Old 09-08-2005, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to GuitarPlyr
Katrina victims to get 2K debit cards

Just want to get others views on this subject.....I have mixed opinions.
I see it as a lot of money that will or could be wasted.....Its a great idea if people use it for essential things but i have a feeling alot wont...But, I know it will be a welcome sight to people that cant get access to their banks or anything....so, there are definate pros and cons.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/upi/?fee...debitcards.xml
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 Old 09-08-2005, 08:54 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

copied and pasted
The debit cards can be used to purchase needed supplies like food, transportation, gasoline and other essential supplies that the evacuees need.

So your in texas and need to get home... gas $2000 yeap that should get you close

Hey dont believe the hype pres bush is under the gun right now as he should be. he's all over right now. let me ask you this. if there going to give it to head's of households {witch requires tax info} and yet they cant find people they evacuated. how will this card hit there hand? this is a from the pres. impeach that oil driven bastard i say. WE NEED A PRES THAT DOES NOT OWN A OIL COMPANY!
post #3 of 55 Old 09-08-2005, 08:59 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

And the liquor store owners go wild! Can you by crack with a debit card?
post #4 of 55 Old 09-08-2005, 09:02 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Pressley10r
good idea impeach bush so all the fuggin ragheads will be free to come over and attack us at will!

BIKES ARE THE FASTEST
post #5 of 55 Old 09-08-2005, 09:04 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

No i understand that but hell Mtv can get 3.5 million people in new orleans in 2 days for beads and tittys but we cant get the national gaurd there?

point 2 "shock and aww" yea remember that bagdad in 3 days but a week to new orleans?
post #6 of 55 Old 09-08-2005, 09:28 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Probably alot of the responsibility for the delay of aid to New Orleans lies with the (Black) leadership of New Orleans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sczx10r
No i understand that but hell Mtv can get 3.5 million people in new orleans in 2 days for beads and tittys but we cant get the national gaurd there?

point 2 "shock and aww" yea remember that bagdad in 3 days but a week to new orleans?
post #7 of 55 Old 09-08-2005, 09:34 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Well let me just say this durring hugo in 89 People put this town back together. not the national gaurd. WE THE PEOPLE can help new orleans so let us do it. the goverment is just in the way right now. I am sure i can get some florida people in on this neibors help each other and so do out of state help. but the goverment watched us do it. and yes i am sorry to say this but ... fema and the red cross didnt do shit for my family or friends. but that was just my example im sure they do something. The people of the U.S, have heros that arnt in the military and that is who new orleans needs. not bush on TV.
post #8 of 55 Old 09-08-2005, 10:23 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
They spent months and months building up for both Iraq wars. The federal government does not respond quickly. First response is up to state and local agencies. The main failure was in getting the city evacuated. It was in New Orleans' disaster plan to bus the people out who could not leave on their own. Instead, city officials left the busses where they would become flooded and useless.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not a Bush lover. But it's not realistic to expect the federal government to act quickly under any circumstances.

Dave

The state is the great fictitious entity by which everyone seeks to live at the expense of everyone else. --Frederic Bastiat
post #9 of 55 Old 09-08-2005, 10:25 PM
MIA mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by swjohnsey
Probably alot of the responsibility for the delay of aid to New Orleans lies with the (Black) leadership of New Orleans.
Sorry to disagree with you. ALL the responsibility lies with the leadership of New Orleans and the Gov. of LA (Blanco). They are elected to serve the people, at the pleasure of the people. Not to line their own pockets with money, and their friends pockets, and their biz associates pockets, and their party's leadership's pockets, and..... They had the money in the late '90's to reinforce the dams around NO, but NO, they couldn't figure a way to skim enough off it, so they lost it. The State of LA, spent it on new digs for the LA Supreme Court and other high priority projects like that.
By law (aka the Constitution of the United States) there is a separation of powers between the states and the Federal Gov. The states have to ask the Feds to come in when these situations occur. Blanco waited 24 hrs AFTER Bush called and offered FEMA, etc.

Some days will stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark.
post #10 of 55 Old 09-08-2005, 10:37 PM
MIA mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Well let me just say this durring hugo in 89 People put this town back together. not the national gaurd. WE THE PEOPLE can help new orleans so let us do it. the goverment is just in the way right now. I am sure i can get some florida people in on this neibors help each other and so do out of state help. but the goverment watched us do it. and yes i am sorry to say this but ... fema and the red cross didnt do shit for my family or friends. but that was just my example im sure they do something. The people of the U.S, have heros that arnt in the military and that is who new orleans needs. not bush on TV.
Notice the difference between this hurricane and others?
In the past the locals rolled up their sleeves and got to it. The Feds came into town and primed the pumps (distributed $$) and the damage was repaired, leasons learned and applied to the next time. Nobody shot at the cops, the helo's, the firefighters, etc. They relied on themselves, friends, relatives, neighbors, community.
This one, the community has lived on the tit of the Feds Give-Away Program and the expectation is the government will OVERNIGHT, fix it all back to the way it was, so the locals can get back to everyday life (party-time!).
Get a life people, grow up, take responsibility for yourself. Life is not easy, guaranteed in any way, or cheap. You do not get a GED and expect a Fortune 500 company to hire you the next day as the CEO. With a GED, you're going to haul garbage. Take the money and go to college, hell join the military, they'll educate you (if you don't get booted out for you attitude). Better yourself, grow and at the end of life you'll have some dignity.

Some days will stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in