Just pulled an R1 rider out from under his bike - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 Old 05-27-2007, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Chickenstrip Eater

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to SUPER K
Unhappy Just pulled an R1 rider out from under his bike

I doubt my attempt to post the pic will work, so one of the computer gurus will have to help. I live near some nice twisty roads here that many of the squids try to ride above their limits. I was out ridin with a budy and saw a couple cars stopped and 1 guy lookin around in the tall weeds in the ditch, I noticed a flash of shiny red deep in da bushes. Stopped imediately and ran over to the bike. Smashed R1 on top of rider dude is in shock, no helmet wearin mesh jacket. We lifted the bike off him and his right leg was 90 degrees from straight. He had been drinkin all nite and didn't want paramedic/ police help. I asked him if his head or neck hurt and he said no, get me the fuck outta here. So we proceed to get him stood up on one leg and he starts complainin severely about his left arm, guess what, dislocated shoulder. So I hang his good arm around my neck, his buddy keeps the FUBARed leg stabil, and we carry him to his other buddies car/ghetto ambulance all the while he keeps passsin out and screamin about his leg and arm when he's conscious. After they drop him off at the hospital his buddy calls me to pick up the bike, which we did. So I ask a few questions----30 day tag, expired, he had passed another rider and then wrecked, other rider just thought he took of and went home, so the dude laid in the ditch for 20-30 mins before he called the guy who found him. I don't know how he survived with no helmet? I see this shit way to much as I live near Ft. Riley and these military guys have to much money and no skills or common sense. I have done this 2 times in the last 2 months, and summer hasn't even really started. I will post up when I get a report on his status, I hope he pulls through. Worst part is, he may get a DUI, he left the scene, the bike was removed from the scene, and his tag was expired. Who knows if he even had insurance?:headshake
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0247.jpg
Views:	738
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	36092   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0248.jpg
Views:	738
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	36093   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0249.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	36094   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0250.jpg
Views:	740
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	36095   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic052707.jpg
Views:	731
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	36096  

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o45/josh10r/IMG_0144-1-1-1.jpg
Sent from your mom's IPhone using dirty fingers

Last edited by Tread70; 05-27-2007 at 06:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 Old 05-27-2007, 06:22 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

very sad deal. moved to outhouse.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #3 of 58 Old 05-27-2007, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Chickenstrip Eater

Posting Frequency

Sent the rest of the pics to Tread, hopefully they will show up. I have tried posting pics in the method discribed on a sticky here, but no luck. I is puter illiterate.

post #4 of 58 Old 05-27-2007, 06:31 PM
MIA Ex-Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPER K View Post
Sent the rest of the pics to Tread, hopefully they will show up. I have tried posting pics in the method discribed on a sticky here, but no luck. I is puter illiterate.
I fixed the links in first post.
post #5 of 58 Old 05-27-2007, 06:37 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

thanks Super K

[IMG]
post #6 of 58 Old 05-27-2007, 06:40 PM
MIA Ex-Mod

Posting Frequency

Edited first post with all pics
post #7 of 58 Old 05-27-2007, 06:43 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I see this shit way to much as I live near Ft. Riley and these military guys have to much money and no skills or common sense. :

I hate to say it but its the same thing here in FL. I work on Hurlburt Field, near Eglin AFB, and I see this all day loong.

Very sad...
post #8 of 58 Old 05-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Shorty's Performance

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to madnessracing Send a message via MSN to madnessracing
very sad to hear and see things like this!
post #9 of 58 Old 05-27-2007, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Chickenstrip Eater

Posting Frequency

I have nothing against the military guys, it just seems like it's either them or the college guys wreckin. Most of them wearing little or no gear.

post #10 of 58 Old 05-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I have nothing against the military guys, it just seems like it's either them or the college guys wreckin. Most of them wearing little or no gear.
Care to elaborate on Military Guys? Military safety and Rules is different for every branch of service, Department in that Branch, Commander of a Base, Fort, etc., Commander of a Unit, squadron, platoon etc...that enforces the rules from higher ups.

I know one thing that got me to change in my earlier years when Helmets where not even law....the Air Force came down first and said you will wear one or if you don't and get hurt you will be prosecuted and may be liable for all health costs if you get hurt outside of the Base or on base.

I know the rules always change but in my years in Active duty and stationed at so many Air Force bases almost all the time I had to produce a MSF card to ride on the base(Get a sticker), have a safety vest sometimes and always a helmet on, plus no shorts but proper riding gear... if I wanted a sticker to ride on the base, sometimes even have to take the MSF again.

So, basically what I am saying is it's not a so called Military Issue it's a local Military Issue if there is a high concentration or motorcycle deaths or wrecks, as it is the Commanders that govern the High Risk Military Members riding Motorcycles. Some Branches of service and Units have much better safety records than others. In the Air Force at least I know even commanders can loose their job when it comes to Safety, Education and Enforcement of the rules especially when deaths occur under their command. .....my .02..rant over.

bloo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in