Just leaves you saying huh??? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 03-01-2007, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
GP Star
 
RickRoush03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: DC
Posts: 4,118
Posting Frequency
       
Just leaves you saying huh???

So today I am talking to an employee at a major contractor on the phone about a proposal we have in house that i am negotiating. This lady is about 40ish, doesn't strike me as a complete idiot, i'd guess she's college educated making about $80k. So it comes to a point in the conversation that i am awaiting her team for information when she asks how long i'll still be at work. I tell her about 15min cuz i want to go get my bike from the shop. "OHHHHHH, what kind of bike!!???" Blah blah blah, 5min later, with her well knowing i am deploying very soon along with she and her employer dealing with the military all day long asks....

"so are you going to take your motorcycle to Iraq?"

Just stupified, i am like..."ummmmm, noooooo, but i am taking my deployment gear etc."


HOW FREAKIN STUPID IS THIS WORLD WE LIVE IN!!!


Common sense would point to "have you ever seen any military rolling around on crotch rockets or any motorcylcle on CNN at any point in time??"


This now just up'd my ante if i ever got out of the military i'd seek no less then $250k if they hire idiots like her!

"Lead, Follow, or get the hell outta my way!!"

Blue 2004 ZX-10R
- 152.5rwhp 77.6rwtq - more than I need

Red 2003 Jack ROUSH Classic #8 of 50
- 375rwhp 381rwtq
RickRoush03 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 Old 03-01-2007, 09:40 PM
BANNED
 
Bigcat#44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Anchorage, AK missing TX
Posts: 333
Posting Frequency
 
LOL that's hilarious!!! you should have said there wouldn't be enough room with your snowboarding stuff and your car!
Bigcat#44 is offline  
post #3 of 20 Old 03-02-2007, 06:07 AM
WSB Rider
 
sewman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 903
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
  
Sounds like she was trying to make conversation with you. Maybe she's lonely?
sewman is offline  
post #4 of 20 Old 03-02-2007, 06:10 AM
I really need to get out of the house
 
luckz88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fairfax, Va
Posts: 11,157
Posting Frequency
Images: 10
           
Send a message via AIM to luckz88 Send a message via Yahoo to luckz88
Quote:
Originally Posted by sewman
Sounds like she was trying to make conversation with you. Maybe she's lonely?
Maybe she was hoping you would ask her if she could go

NESBA #88

Madness Racing wishes he could handle the power of a GSXR

All my homies left this site
luckz88 is offline  
post #5 of 20 Old 03-02-2007, 07:18 AM
MIA mod
 
gpz1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
Posts: 11,624
Posting Frequency
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckz88
Maybe she was hoping you would ask her if she could go


Some days will stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark.
gpz1100 is offline  
post #6 of 20 Old 03-02-2007, 07:44 AM
Green Hippie
 
treyzx10r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: orlando fl
Posts: 17,566
Posting Frequency
Images: 10
           
lets see some desert cammo paint and all terain tires hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

VAE VICTUS!

RIP James R Patterson 6/3/30-5/26/09
treyzx10r is offline  
post #7 of 20 Old 03-02-2007, 08:23 AM
GP Rider
 
S.ga.rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: south georgia
Posts: 1,893
Posting Frequency
Images: 4
      
Quote:
Originally Posted by sewman
Sounds like she was trying to make conversation with you. Maybe she's lonely?

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39
S.ga.rider is offline  
post #8 of 20 Old 03-02-2007, 08:31 AM
GP Rider
 
zx10Duran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Carrollton, TX
Posts: 1,814
Posting Frequency
   
well a zx-10 would definetly "shock and awe" their ass, you would have one WMD to show them !!

lotta newbies, where did all the regulars go?
zx10Duran is offline  
post #9 of 20 Old 03-02-2007, 09:02 AM
DJL
Champion Rider
 
DJL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 353
Posting Frequency
Images: 4
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRoush03
So today I am talking to an employee at a major contractor on the phone about a proposal we have in house that i am negotiating. This lady is about 40ish, doesn't strike me as a complete idiot, i'd guess she's college educated making about $80k. So it comes to a point in the conversation that i am awaiting her team for information when she asks how long i'll still be at work. I tell her about 15min cuz i want to go get my bike from the shop. "OHHHHHH, what kind of bike!!???" Blah blah blah, 5min later, with her well knowing i am deploying very soon along with she and her employer dealing with the military all day long asks....

"so are you going to take your motorcycle to Iraq?"

Just stupified, i am like..."ummmmm, noooooo, but i am taking my deployment gear etc."


HOW FREAKIN STUPID IS THIS WORLD WE LIVE IN!!!


Common sense would point to "have you ever seen any military rolling around on crotch rockets or any motorcylcle on CNN at any point in time??"


This now just up'd my ante if i ever got out of the military i'd seek no less then $250k if they hire idiots like her!
Maybe she's on to something...perhaps there is a market for zx14s with side mounted rocket launchers...the enemy wouldn't even know what hit 'em :headshake
DJL is offline  
post #10 of 20 Old 03-02-2007, 09:10 AM
GP Star
 
usman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 2,337
Posting Frequency
Images: 13
         
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat#44
LOL that's hilarious!!! you should have said there wouldn't be enough room with your snowboarding stuff and your car!
hahaha, thats what i was thinkin too



old man ran off on his wheelchair

theazzman.com (my blog)
usman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corser Leaves Suzuki For Yamaha?! YSR50 Track 13 10-09-2006 02:04 PM
craches his new bike befor he leaves the lot cain772 Pictures and Videos 10 11-07-2005 12:58 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome