Just gave my R6 some much needed TLC - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-31-2006, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Just gave my R6 some much needed TLC

I had been neglecting my R6 since I got my 10 several weeks ago. I took her out and washed her up, checked the oil and tire pressure, lubed the chain, ect. ect. I took her around the block a few times and wow, boy do I like the snappiness of a carberated 600. I have an Akra on her and she loves to scream (I love it when she screams). I didn't realize how small the R6 is till I've been off of it for a while. It feels like a short sport tourer now. The 10 didn't feel that much bigger when I got it but it does now that I'm used to it. I put a Two Bros pipe on the 10 two weeks ago. Love the sound of it, but sound isn't everything. I lost the already weak bottom end. After riding the 600 again and realizing what I've been missing, why doesn't my 10 have the get up and go that the smaller bikes do?

Has anyone put on an aftermarket pipe on and retained the stock butterfly valve? I am wondering if this would help the low end out where it desperately needs it. I might look into finding a pipe bender and seeing if I can do this.

I know everyone is saying get the power comander. I've never used one before. Does this help the lower RPM's out without sacraficing the top and mid range? Someone told me that the power comander, you set it for where you want the power. If this is true, then your just moving the power band around and not gaining overall, is there truth to this? I want my 10 to rip off the line like my R6, and I want my R6 to pull away from everyone else on the top end like the 10. Can't I have both with the same bike?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-31-2006, 11:42 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I made the same mistake you did removed the valve on my gsxr 1000 and had no nuts down low. I made sure I wouldn't do that again so I put the Akro slip-on on the bike and left the valve what an awsome feel. If you reall want to rip then do the cheapest mod of them all 16th sprocket in the front . I mean that to I was on my way home last night and just did the mod needed to pass a car on the highway so dropped down to the 4th gear wacked the throttle I mean back tire broke loose and I was like holly SHAT.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-01-2006, 12:28 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I am not a totall sell on getting the dynojet. I want everything. a/f and ign. I am not a big fan of dynojet just yet.

W.F.O.ing with style will bring life back into focus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in