Jonesing for a Busa - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 10-04-2005, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
Man About Town

Posting Frequency

Question Jonesing for a Busa

Hey all if you have any experience with the Suzuki Hayabusa could you chime in with some helpful info? I have an 04 Orange ZX-10R, would love an 06 Black ZX-10R but have been jonesing for a Busa. Don't know why exactly. Maybe it has to do with the bling status of the bike or maybe a desire to have something a little more comfy for 1000 mile trips. Whatever I get it will be in addition to my 04 Orange.
Thanks in advance.
Cary
valskater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 10-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

I had a silver/grey 2003 busa. Loved it for what it was designed for... high speed runs. It's also not bad to just cruise on. A bit more comfortable than the 10R for going to bike nights, slabbin' it anywhere, just goin' to town, etc... And the aftermarket for the busa is phenominal. You can get ANYTHING you want and some stuff you don't want for a busa.

I'd love to have another busa as a second bike. I'm not ready to have one as my main/only street bike though. If you're gonna get it in addition to your 10 I'd say go for it. I wouldn't be so quick to say give up the 10 for a busa though. :headshake

--
"Bottom line, when I'm on that bike, it's just me and God...And He better be holding on."- Stillie on SSB

Si vis pacem, para bellum...

El Diablo
post #3 of 22 Old 10-04-2005, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Man About Town

Posting Frequency

It would be an addition to/ not replacement for.
post #4 of 22 Old 10-04-2005, 11:45 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to axo250
Don't give in.... Stay with the Kawi.... Unless you wanna wait for the 07 to have the new big boy... You know Zuki is gonna put a 1500 out... The 10 is sexier though and always seems to have that really pissed off look. I wouldn't trade my 10 for a busa if my life depended on it. Besides the 10 being so much cooler, everyone has a busa. You'd just be another busa. Do you notice getting a lot more attention with your 10 just cause you don't see them in every pack of bikes?
post #5 of 22 Old 10-04-2005, 11:47 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

06ZX12 even without the aftermarket screaming right away at least your not riding the typical fotm. So many busa's around and half the guys I have met that ride them said..Yah I liked the looks it was my first bike and I wanted something comfortable. <cough>bulchit

What would that ZX10 feel like with adjustable handle bars a newer softer seat and 8g's worth of mods? (you'd still be 4 grand short of buying a busa. There's a forum somewhere in the sight of a pretty neat set of handle bars that would work well imo.

0510R PCIII dyno tuned 520 X -1+2 sprockets. slip on and a few other Knick Knacks filter plugs emissions dyno tune. And 20,000 miles of learning on this one anyways.
post #6 of 22 Old 10-05-2005, 01:23 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo
I had a silver/grey 2003 busa. Loved it for what it was designed for... high speed runs. It's also not bad to just cruise on. A bit more comfortable than the 10R for going to bike nights, slabbin' it anywhere, just goin' to town, etc... And the aftermarket for the busa is phenominal. You can get ANYTHING you want and some stuff you don't want for a busa.
. Except I don't do high speed runs. I bought a busa so my wife could come on rides once in a while since my other current bikes have their passenger pegs removed for the exhaust systems. Like ED said, the busa is great for sport touring or when you want to ride to a movie or whatever. And as long as the curves aren't real tight it can surprise some people on the backroads, too. Definitely worth looking into for a second or third or fourth or whatever streetbike.
post #7 of 22 Old 10-05-2005, 06:33 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

you may want to wait and check out the 06 Kawi 14 thats commin out

Confucius say,"Man with hand in pocket feels cocky."
post #8 of 22 Old 10-05-2005, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Man About Town

Posting Frequency

Thumbs up

Thanks for all the replys.
I'm trying to decide whether it would be better to get an 06 ZX-10R and wait for the 07 Busa or get an 05 Busa and wait a year on the 10R.
Not like I have tons o' money sittin' around to buy all the fun eyecandy adreneline toy's that I want anyway!
Thanks again.

I'm not sure I like the looks of the new 14......
post #9 of 22 Old 10-05-2005, 01:14 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by axo250
Don't give in.... Stay with the Kawi.... Unless you wanna wait for the 07 to have the new big boy... You know Zuki is gonna put a 1500 out... The 10 is sexier though and always seems to have that really pissed off look. I wouldn't trade my 10 for a busa if my life depended on it. Besides the 10 being so much cooler, everyone has a busa. You'd just be another busa. Do you notice getting a lot more attention with your 10 just cause you don't see them in every pack of bikes?
I've gotta say that I got a LOT more attention when I rode the busa. EVERYBODY knows what the busa is and what it does. The 10R blended in with the group much easier. It gets attention no doubt, but not as much as my busa did.

--
"Bottom line, when I'm on that bike, it's just me and God...And He better be holding on."- Stillie on SSB

El Diablo
post #10 of 22 Old 10-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwaky
06ZX12 even without the aftermarket screaming right away at least your not riding the typical fotm. So many busa's around and half the guys I have met that ride them said..Yah I liked the looks it was my first bike and I wanted something comfortable. <cough>bulchit

What would that ZX10 feel like with adjustable handle bars a newer softer seat and 8g's worth of mods? (you'd still be 4 grand short of buying a busa. There's a forum somewhere in the sight of a pretty neat set of handle bars that would work well imo.
Not sure where you priced a busa if you can buy a 10R and do 8k worth of mods and still be cheaper than a new busa?

--

El Diablo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in