Jet Ski guys - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 05-18-2012, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Just trolling

Posting Frequency

Jet Ski guys

Alright boys and girls i bought me a little cheap jet ski. Seems decent decent hours awesome shape. Ive never owned one and only rode one once. What do I need to know? I got a 2000 Sea Doo GTX Milliniem edition. carborated engine 2 stroke 898cc.

I almost got a 1999 yamaha 1200 but guy wouldnt come off his price had higher hours- no extras and the exterior was pretty rough

here are the two ad's let me know if i picked the right one and what I need to know!

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/boa/3010582333.html
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/boa/3010721709.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
I'd change the oil in that...and all the time.
Panigale 1199S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

Two strokes need to be rebuilt to keep from completely destroying the motor. You can pull the motor yourself and send it out to have done if you have never worked on two strokes before. Go on a jet ski forum for your particular ski and find out at what hours of use that the rings and gaskets need to be changed out or you will screw yourself.
That is best advice.

07-ZX10R-SOLD
, 1/5th insert, -1/+5,comp werkes decatted,PC3+multi-hub,piperX,30 dry shot,2custom maps,Ballistic EVO2,Pazzo shorties,SATO rearsets,HealTech,ZG Corsa,EBC XC Gen3 rotors,Vesrah pads, SS lines, Gen3 calipers, etc and stretched 8" so it won't flip
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen
post #3 of 11 Old 05-18-2012, 08:35 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
I would've bought the Yamaha. Supposedly the sea doos are maintenance nightmares and not very reliable. No jet ski is, but the bombardier products more so than the others (tiger shark is worse though). Gonna need to take real good care of it and keep up with the service schedule religiously. Flush it after each ride, silicone the shit out of the motor, don't get the engine wet, increase the premix ratio slightly, and have fun while you have it.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #4 of 11 Old 05-18-2012, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Just trolling

Posting Frequency

really everyone kept telling me to buy a seado lol i looked at kawis but couldnt find any good older ones. the yamaha had some nasty scratches on it

Quote:
Panigale 1199S
post #5 of 11 Old 05-18-2012, 10:37 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

That's a good machine you shouldn't have any more issues with that vs another as long as it's maintained. And remember not to run it in water less than knee deep including taking of from shore. Push it out a bit to keep from sucking in sand and gravel.

Sent from my DROID2 using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #6 of 11 Old 05-18-2012, 11:54 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I have two of them i bought 2 years ago they are both sea doos 2004s rxps the biggest thing to do is two flush them really good if you ride them in salt water i use this stuff called salt away and swear by it i use it ever time after ride and it is part of the flushing prosess,,,,ever part ofa jet ski is made to get wet irinse the motor and all the inside of the haul after every ride i also spray it down with wd 40 to keep the wires and the motor from having salt air from sticking to the motor so i spray ever thing inside the haul....also remeber on thing its not a motor cycle so you have to give it gas to make it turn .....

IF YOU RIDE LIKE THERES LIKE NO TOMORROW..THERE WONT BE..........THE AVATAR POLICE SAID NO AVATAR FOR YOU?????
post #7 of 11 Old 05-19-2012, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
Just trolling

Posting Frequency

Thanks for all the info guys like i said i dont know crap
About this stuff so itll
Be a learning experiance. Ill be riding it in
Fresh water(lakes) so no salt water for me. Also how strong are these? Can you tube well behind them ans or tow say a small boat if i ever needed to.

Quote:
Panigale 1199S
post #8 of 11 Old 05-19-2012, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
Just trolling

Posting Frequency

Also is there anything you should do after rides even in lake water? Ive tried to find a jet ski forum But not alot out there i figured most of the zx guys gotta have other toys for the water too!

Quote:
Panigale 1199S
post #9 of 11 Old 05-19-2012, 02:29 AM
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

Always hook up the garden hose and flush it out after riding. Sounds like you REALLY need to get on a ski forum dude.
How many hours on ski since last rebuild? Did you get paperwork with ski showing what was done and when?

07-ZX10R-SOLD
, 1/5th insert, -1/+5,comp werkes decatted,PC3+multi-hub,piperX,30 dry shot,2custom maps,Ballistic EVO2,Pazzo shorties,SATO rearsets,HealTech,ZG Corsa,EBC XC Gen3 rotors,Vesrah pads, SS lines, Gen3 calipers, etc and stretched 8" so it won't flip
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen
post #10 of 11 Old 05-19-2012, 02:35 AM
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

Here man, go on here and register. http://www.pwcforum.com/sea-doo-jetski/

Then start learning how to care for your ski. Going on a bike forum and asking the basics will take forever for you to learn. You will blow it up before you figure out what to do listening to people with bikes tell you how to care for a ski.

07-ZX10R-SOLD
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in