Ipod Nano- - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 09-16-2005, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Still here

Posting Frequency

Talking Ipod Nano-

I lucked out today and picked up a black, 4gb ipod nano.

Too cool for words.

Feels like you're wearing headphones attatched to nothing. Color screen, all flash memory for up to 14hrs playback.

Weighs about 2x what the shuffle does or 1.5oz.
That's 4.4oz less than my 20gb.

If you ever wanted an Ipod, now's the time.

I still have my 20gb ipod that I just dump all my music into, so the 4gb nano is great for a second, holds about 1000 songs.

My friend has only a 4gb Mini and that is plenty for him, so either grab a deal on a 4 or 6gb Mini @$200 or $250 while they last, they seem to be discontinued.

The Nano comes in 2gb @$200 or 4gb @$250 in black or white- order online and get free laser engraving.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...AppleStore.woa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-16-2005, 08:53 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I had considered an iPod, but I could not live with myself if I contributed to Apple being in business one day longer than it has to.

I am still a MotoGP Star
post #3 of 8 Old 09-16-2005, 09:03 PM
K10
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10Miami
I lucked out today and picked up a black, 4gb ipod nano.

Too cool for words.

Feels like you're wearing headphones attatched to nothing. Color screen, all flash memory for up to 14hrs playback.

Weighs about 2x what the shuffle does or 1.5oz.
That's 4.4oz less than my 20gb.

If you ever wanted an Ipod, now's the time.

I still have my 20gb ipod that I just dump all my music into, so the 4gb nano is great for a second, holds about 1000 songs.

My friend has only a 4gb Mini and that is plenty for him, so either grab a deal on a 4 or 6gb Mini @$200 or $250 while they last, they seem to be discontinued.

The Nano comes in 2gb @$200 or 4gb @$250 in black or white- order online and get free laser engraving.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...AppleStore.woa

I like the Ipod and any new technology, but please explain to me why this is any different than the one hundred dollar (or lower) ones that have been on the market using flash memory. I have a little (1.5 wide 2.0 height .5 thick)RCA that uses a SD card (SD memory is pretty cheap) for external memory and has 128MB internal memory and I love it.
I guess I'm missing what all the hype is about the Nano?
Does it even have expandable memory?
Proprietary batteries to knowing apple?

Last edited by K10; 09-16-2005 at 09:06 PM.
post #4 of 8 Old 09-17-2005, 12:56 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to BNninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by king-tony
I had considered an iPod, but I could not live with myself if I contributed to Apple being in business one day longer than it has to.
You not a windows guy are you? Seems to me you dont like the old Unix based mac.

"Bikes are like women: beat them like a whore, they can take it and you will like the moaning you hear."
post #5 of 8 Old 09-17-2005, 02:27 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by K10
I guess I'm missing what all the hype is about the Nano?
Does it even have expandable memory?
Proprietary batteries to knowing apple?
It is cool because it is very slim and sexy and has 4 GB of storage notwithstanding. A superb example of industrial design. However, I wouldn't own one simply because everyone else is getting one, lemming like. It's like the GSX-R1000 in that regard. I will continue to use my PDA with 1 GB SD card, which does a hell of a lot more than play music and store pictures.

Dave

The state is the great fictitious entity by which everyone seeks to live at the expense of everyone else. --Frederic Bastiat
post #6 of 8 Old 09-17-2005, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Still here

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptoman
It is cool because it is very slim and sexy and has 4 GB of storage notwithstanding. A superb example of industrial design. However, I wouldn't own one simply because everyone else is getting one, lemming like. It's like the GSX-R1000 in that regard. I will continue to use my PDA with 1 GB SD card, which does a hell of a lot more than play music and store pictures.
I find that I listen to my music more because my 20gb is easier than using my 300 dischanger, dump it all once, make a playlist if you want,shuffle play -never have to mess with it again.

We are down to 1 maybe 2 decent radio stations here.

The 4gb I like 'cause it weighs nothing, holds alot, doesn't tie up my sd cards and has great battery life. I really like itunes for managing the music and the ipod controls and on the fly playlist/rating or smart playlists are awesome.

I don't wear either on my sleave or use the white ipod headphones which avoids the lemming problem- besides, I ride a ZX not a Gixxer. But I have owned 2 mustangs and they're a dime a dozen- still love 'em.

I have an ique 3600 gps/pda chock full of games and books, it is an mp3 player as well but keep mostly detailed maps on the sd card.

Had other mp3 players but got sick of switching the music around. Easier to do it once, shuffle and skip songs.

To each his own, my Computers are PC but the way I remember it was Bill Gates stole windows from Apple.

No tank pad for me huh Tony? Still love the exhaust.
post #7 of 8 Old 09-17-2005, 05:32 PM
K10
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptoman
OK, it's cool because its slim and sexy. Not sure what you mean by 4 GB nothwithstanding. It is not expandable, right?
I still don't get it. Why there seems to be so much hype over something that has already been done is hard to understand. Viewing pictures seems silly given the4 screen size.
One of the biggest issues I see with any IPOD, is the fact that unless you download your music from ITunes or rip your own from your CD collection. Your screwed. Well, you could download from other sites and rip again to remove the copyright protection, then it may play on an IPOD. I think you'll be able to play WMA files on the IPOD soon, but thats just speculation.
Personally, I could care less how many people own any given product. If I like it, I'm buying it.

thanks
post #8 of 8 Old 09-17-2005, 05:34 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

We are down to 0 decent radio stations here, IMHO. I get all of my music off the net too.

...and didn't Apple steal the GUI from Xerox PARC? The Nano is definitely a nice unit though. 4 GB is plenty for most people too. I can't imagine filling one up at iTunes prices.

Dave

The state is the great fictitious entity by which everyone seeks to live at the expense of everyone else. --Frederic Bastiat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in