iPhone App Thread - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 07-24-2009, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

iPhone App Thread

I thought I would give this thread a try. I recently got an iPhone 3gs and am getting really into it. I think there are a good percentage of members on the site with the phone so maybe it would be worth having a thread dedicated to useful apps. Post up app's and a short review if possible. If it's good, tell us, and if it sucks ass tell us

Only 2 so far for me and one quick glimpse at a 3rd:

Photoswap- Everyone on this site must know about this one You get to swap pictures with a random user from anywhere in the world.

The good- A good timekiller and there is always the possibility of a "win".

The bad- Way too many guys... if I see someone who's info says "Hung in Anchorage, Alaska" or something to that effect one more time I'm going to kill myself. App is also kinda slow to progress and there is no way to know if you are waiting for the persons response or if you just need to move on and take another pic.

Budget- Pretty good app for managing your finances. I just downloaded it tonight so I have limited experience.

The good- Seems to very adequate for the average person like me (21, fixed income, no crazy left-field expenses normally) and should definitely help me watch my money a little closer. It seems good for monitoring your finances as a whole, not individual accounts.

The bad- $1.99 (not too bad though), can be a little complicated to set up at first.

Balance- App for keeping up with the balance of a particular account. This would be similar to the running total that you can get through your bank statements

The good- Free, could be pretty useful if you have one account to keep up with.

The bad- Not feature-rich enough for me, which is why I only glanced at it... I quickly saw that it wasn't something I could apply.

So that's it for my app experience. I am bored and wanted to make a long post detailing my current experiences and hopefully turn people on to some good apps and maybe get the same in return

2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R-Black
Clear Alternatives Tail Light
2005 Honda F4i-Red
Commuter stuff
2003 Yamaha Zuma-Fairy Silver
TPT 70cc Kit, Leo Vince ZX Exhaust, Malossi Delta Clutch, Scott's Damper Sticker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-24-2009, 10:42 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to djr33
i heard about this app on the radio that is in the process of being revoked its a social blogging with advanced gps of speed traps and dui stoppers road blocks and all kindsa crap cops dont like it cos it works im sure its easily findable with the i phone so have a blast and let me know how it works
post #3 of 12 Old 07-25-2009, 06:57 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

eWallet: encrypted storage of passwords, account numbers, serial numbers, includes a pretty nice password generator, syncs with PC version over Wifi

Mocha Ping: ping/traceroute app

Mocha RDP: remote desktop protocol

Mocha VNC: VNC viewer (another way to remote control a machine)

TextFree: unlimited texting for $6 a year, uses push, sure beats the arm & a leg prices that AT&T charges for SMS

TrackerLite: free package tracking app

Quicken Online: works with web app, manage any financial account that has online banking, supports multiple accounts. I recently scrapped MS Money and GnuCash and moved to this.

Zenbe Lists: ToDo lists that sync with the web based version, able to share lists with other users, priceless for shared grocery shopping lists

Last edited by jtemple; 07-25-2009 at 07:13 AM.
post #4 of 12 Old 07-25-2009, 07:10 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

nickalltogether - You don't have to wait for a reply. You can continue swapping pictures. If you get a reply, it will show up in the bottom. No need to wait for one.

Apps I like:

Photoswap
The Weather Channel
Cycorder - take videos pre 3gs phones. (need to jailbreak it though using redsn0w and install cydia)
Tipulator
Pandora
Touch Physics - I beat the game
iEmoji
Flight Control
Flick Fishing

"Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight."
Shogun Frame Sliders | Rifleman 1/5 | -1/+2 | DDM HID 5000k | Custom Exhaust
post #5 of 12 Old 07-25-2009, 07:12 AM
inappropriate

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to hesaves0211
you gotta unlock it dude!
its a 200% all new phone, far better than stock in ways you can imagine until you give it a shot

https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthre...ghlight=iphone

1ST GEN-10R 234hp/[email protected], GT2871RS, cometic gasket, tial bov/ex wastegate, BEGI FMU, WALBRO fuel pump,falicon clutch basket,race pak clutch,200/50 pilot,yana-shiki levers,.net wristband, WEGO III,PC3,GPR damper,cbr cals/Galfer SS brake lines,gp shift,1/5 throttle, 2NDARIES REMOVED <<click for how-to, *R.I.P D.J 10 Apr 04*
post #6 of 12 Old 07-25-2009, 07:45 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesaves0211 View Post
you gotta unlock it dude!
its a 200% all new phone, far better than stock in ways you can imagine until you give it a shot

https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthre...ghlight=iphone
Done that already. Look at my new lock screen and desktop. I have 5 icons across and 5 icons down instead of the usual 4x4. The customization is endless.
Attached Images

"Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight."
Shogun Frame Sliders | Rifleman 1/5 | -1/+2 | DDM HID 5000k | Custom Exhaust
post #7 of 12 Old 07-25-2009, 08:24 AM
inappropriate

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainking1978 View Post
Done that already. Look at my new lock screen and desktop. I have 5 icons across and 5 icons down instead of the usual 4x4. The customization is endless.
yep its pretty kick ass. anyone i know who has an iphone does nothing but geek out and play on the damn things all the time. even the hardest dude would pick up the iphone, learn the ways of it and never put it down.

standard apps to list just a few off my 7 page springboard:
isend mms- send pics to phones outside of email
facebook
vlingo- must have voice app for searching, mapping and ect. great while driving
flixter
the weather channel
NIV bible
ishoot
WSYR 9 news
flight control
need for speed
ebay
pandora
craigs ads -craigslist mobile

jailbroken apps i like are:
installous -install hacked apple apps for free
mxtube - download and keep itunes videos
my sms- a sms app with a load of features
bluffmycall -i can call you from his number, desguise my voice and record our convo
dtunes (and accompanying mobile video downloading apps)- a torrent program/app that allows you to download videos directly to your phone (from either an application or website like tube8.com) and play them offline.
cycorder- a video recorder
mewseek- download music
ringtones!-make my own ringtones from my ipod library right from my phone
quickgold- its pretty much the "spotlight" that 3.0 uses but better for instance, i can hide app icons and find them using quickgold
winterboard- an overall theme modifier
five icon dock
backgrounder- i can select any application and permit it to operate in the background after its closed out such as AIM, pandora and so-on
lockscreen clockhide- removes the big clock from the lock screen
un-unlockable- removes the slider from the lock screen so that others find it hard to unlock your phone

1ST GEN-10R 234hp/[email protected], GT2871RS, cometic gasket, tial bov/ex wastegate, BEGI FMU, WALBRO fuel pump,falicon clutch basket,race pak clutch,200/50 pilot,yana-shiki levers,.net wristband, WEGO III,PC3,GPR damper,cbr cals/Galfer SS brake lines,gp shift,1/5 throttle, 2NDARIES REMOVED <<click for how-to, *R.I.P D.J 10 Apr 04*

Last edited by hesaves0211; 07-25-2009 at 08:40 AM.
post #8 of 12 Old 07-25-2009, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I have had mine since Wednesday and I have been messing with it constantly haha.

2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R-Black
Clear Alternatives Tail Light
2005 Honda F4i-Red
Commuter stuff
2003 Yamaha Zuma-Fairy Silver
TPT 70cc Kit, Leo Vince ZX Exhaust, Malossi Delta Clutch, Scott's Damper Sticker
post #9 of 12 Old 07-25-2009, 08:44 AM
inappropriate

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickalltogether View Post
I have had mine since Wednesday and I have been messing with it constantly haha.
i know right, its pathetic haha. even around my job i see zombies making time to play with it:headshake

post #10 of 12 Old 07-27-2009, 01:14 AM
inappropriate

Posting Frequency

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in