Integrated Taillight - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-21-2007, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to dh80 Send a message via Yahoo to dh80
Integrated Taillight

I've been reading different forums on the integrated taillights for my 04 ZX-10 and have seen people talk about the product from FlashAlert and i've seen the one from McCoy Motorsports also. I know most people either have one or the other and probably does not have experience with two different companies. I'm wondering if anyone has pics of there FlashAlert taillight. And if anyone has the light from McCoy Motorsports what is your take on it.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-21-2007, 09:28 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Look at the back of your bike. No picture it without the turn signals. That is exactly what you get from Flashalert. Its your stock tail light that gets modified.

I did it to my 04 in 2004.

What I had to do. Send them my tail light and both turn signals with the wires attached. They clip the wires from the turn signals and use them on the tail light. Modufy the tail light and return everything to you. All you have to di then is re-install the tail light and plug in the tail light cable and the turn signals to their respective connectors. Done. Totally stock look.

What you get is the tail light will flash when brakes are applied. There is a toggle they put on to disable this feature. When your signal is on the respective HALF of the tail light will flash.

They might have gotten cores to exchange light for light not sure as I did it at the beginning and that was not an option. Only took 2 weeks to ship out and get back.

NESBA #456 Intermediate
post #3 of 10 Old 05-21-2007, 09:37 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ91 View Post
Look at the back of your bike. No picture it without the turn signals. That is exactly what you get from Flashalert. Its your stock tail light that gets modified.

What I had to do. Send them my tail light and both turn signals with the wires attached. They clip the wires from the turn signals and use them on the tail light. Modufy the tail light and return everything to you. All you have to di then is re-install the tail light and plug in the tail light cable and the turn signals to their respective connectors. Done. Totally stock look.

What you get is the tail light will flash when brakes are applied. There is a toggle they put on to disable this feature. When your signal is on the respective HALF of the tail light will flash.

They might have gotten cores to exchange light for light not sure as I did it at the beginning and that was not an option. Only took 2 weeks to ship out and get back.
I wonder if this is the same thing I saw when I went on my 100 bike Napa ride last week....every time the girl on her zx9r would activate the rear brake light it would flash, and I knew she was saying slow down/warning traffic is stopping up front. I really liked the way it worked
post #4 of 10 Old 05-21-2007, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ91 View Post

Thanks for the reply Champ. That would be nice to just plug it in like factory but the person i bought it from already sliced the turn signal wires and put on some small universal front lights that are stuck to the undertail. I called FlashAlert and they are going to call back tomorrow to let me know if they have some available to send out and I pay a core charge. It will be $119 after they receive my tail light back.

Has anyone even seen the one from McCoy on an ZX-10. It looks good on the website but we know not everything is the way its advertised.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-22-2007, 12:17 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

BTW there are others out there now. I prefer to keep the stock look. Some cram in alot of LED's in there. Some use Yellow even. But your lens and the reflectors inside are designed to take advantage of the stock bulb placement. So putting in more might not be a good thing or very efficient. I know nothing about McCoy's so cant comment on theirs.

NESBA #456 Intermediate
post #6 of 10 Old 05-22-2007, 06:28 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Okay I understand now. Thanks for the replies Champ. I'll wait for FlashAlert to call me back and let me know if they have one ready to ship.
post #7 of 10 Old 05-22-2007, 12:15 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

i have a flash alert modified tail light for sale, mine did not have the factory connectors on it just 2 wires stubbed out for the turn signals, i guess it gets the ground from the factory connector of the tail light

2004 ZX10R, mostly kinda stock
post #8 of 10 Old 05-22-2007, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODYZX10R View Post
i have a flash alert modified tail light for sale, mine did not have the factory connectors on it just 2 wires stubbed out for the turn signals, i guess it gets the ground from the factory connector of the tail light
The flash alert light didnt have factory connectors or your bike already had the wires cut? Do you have any pics of your bike with the light installed and blinking?

How much do you want for it also?
post #9 of 10 Old 05-22-2007, 08:40 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

no connector on the flash alert, i just used sotchlocks to connect it to the factory wires. no pics but it is on the bike rightnow i can try to get a video tomorrow. maybe like 75 shipped. it is in excellent condition no marks or scratches.

2004 ZX10R, mostly kinda stock
post #10 of 10 Old 05-22-2007, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Ok thanks. After i see the video, if you can get one, i'll be more than happy to buy it from you tomorrow if you have paypal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in