Info on shipping a heavy item - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-28-2008, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Info on shipping a heavy item

planning a move to AZ. i have a lot of little things that would fit in my car. i also have a toolbox thats about 5 feet high by 3 feet wide. pretty heavy but dont know exactly the weight. i am trying to figure out all my options right now. u-haul quoted me about $500 for a hitch, install, and small trailer. then im guessing about a couple hundred bucks for gas. im also thinking of having the box shipped and i just drive my car. anyone know if its possible to ship something that heavy all the way over there for less? or does anyone have info on what companies would do that so i can contact them? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-28-2008, 04:38 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I'd look into a freight company, that way all you have to do is strap it to a pallet, cover it and have a lift gate truck come fetch it from you, across country its probably going to be cheaper and less strain on your car than towing it.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-28-2008, 06:25 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

If you get the Uhaul is it just for the tool box or will you be taking more of your stuff? You can fit alot of stuff in those small trailers.

06 ZX10R Ported 04 Head, .55mm head gasket, 08 Race Intake cam, stock intake pinned and moved to exhaust, 107/107, PCV, with Auto tune. 178 rwhp through Boz Bro single side high mount exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in