indestructible phone... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 09-26-2011, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

indestructible phone...

So I just spent the last 2 hours scouring the side of the freeway out in rural kentucky looking for my phone...
Was going high 90's, just. Cruising along when I felt something slide down my chest...
Oh Fuck, my phone just fell out of my pocket...brand new HTC sensation...
So I pull over as soon as I can, dismount, and begin searching. Walk about a mile up on one side, and back down the other side, about 4 times. Finally found its case, and about 15 min later found my phone, both buried in some tall grass...phone is pretty beat up, but I've got a nice case that'll cover most of it anyways, and ill peel off the old screen protector and the screen will be unscathed...and I know it works great cuz I'm sitting in the grass on the side of the hwy posting this...

I think this things pretty tough to be able to survive a 99mph fall...

Who else has list something nice while riding? Did you find it? Did it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
i could give two shits if you were taking a bubble bath in applesauce being fed grapes by lemurs with electrodes attached to your nipples in the bed of a semi truck, as long as you're not holding up traffic, go for it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Slow Poke

Posting Frequency

Hahaha hell yeah you got lucky!!!
post #3 of 11 Old 09-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Yep, I did the same thing with my old LG NV2. I had it in the pocket on those painter's jeans and it slipped out during a particularly hard acceleration. I didn't even notice that it was missing until I got home. To my surprise, someone called my home number from the cell phone the next morning. It was a bicyclist who was riding on the shoulder of the same highway where I dropped the phone. I guess he heard the phone ringing because I had it set to be my alarm clock. The guy was kind enough to drop the phone off at a Verizon store for me to retrieve. He wouldn't even let me buy him a beer or anything. The guy didn't even use it to make any phone calls other than trying to reach me. That incident temporarily restored my faith in humanity. BTW the phone survived until I got the upgrade for the next one.
post #4 of 11 Old 09-26-2011, 03:08 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Had a buddy lose a blackberry pearl at around 130. The battery, sim card, SD card, and case all came out. Spent about an hour trying to find all the pieces, put it back together and it worked fine.

Sponsored by:
Vaughan Racing
Synthetic Shield
Moline Bar
post #5 of 11 Old 09-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Couple years ago I was working with a guy when he lost his phone out the truck window doing about 75. It was an old samsung flip phone and other than a few scratches there was nothing wrong with it.
post #6 of 11 Old 09-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Not on a bike, but my dad left his cell phone on top of his truck several years ago.

It was one of these old nokia analog phones:

Long story short, he saw it fly off the top of the truck in the rear view @ 75MPH. It took him over an hour to collect all the pieces, we put it back together and it worked haha. It was amazing. I don't think they make them like they use to, old nokia's were almost indestructible.
post #7 of 11 Old 09-26-2011, 04:10 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Nice one, My Iphone breaks if I answer it wrong :headshake
post #8 of 11 Old 09-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
Not on a bike, but my dad left his cell phone on top of his truck several years ago.

It was one of these old nokia analog phones:

Long story short, he saw it fly off the top of the truck in the rear view @ 75MPH. It took him over an hour to collect all the pieces, we put it back together and it worked haha. It was amazing. I don't think they make them like they use to, old nokia's were almost indestructible.
Oh yeah, the good ole Nokia 5110. Those things were damn near indestructible. I don't know how many times I dropped mine. The battery would always separate from the handset and as long as you could find all the pieces, it would keep on truckin. I swear you could use one of those for a hammer in a pinch.
post #9 of 11 Old 09-26-2011, 08:23 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I ran over my Samsung galaxy S with the damn scag (lawn mower)!! Broke the screen, but it still receive calls and texts just cant answer or see anything..
post #10 of 11 Old 09-26-2011, 08:41 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink. View Post
Nice one, My Iphone breaks if I answer it wrong :headshake

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in