I'm back on a bike - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 08-28-2009, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to BNninja
I'm back on a bike

Some people may remember my accident in 2005 but my surgeon has said I'm now at no more risk of getting injured as someone who had never been injured on a bike.
After many years I'm riding again. I'm so glad to be back on a bike.
I will post pics once I find my camera and can get the microSD card reader. I bought a 2007 Ducati 1098. This was kind of a mistake because I miss the flickability of an I-4. The MV Agusta handled a lot better than the ducati (from my 4 year old memory). I'm hoping its a matter of the tire pressure being off on the Ducati, the guy I got it from hadn't riden in in 5 months so I'm sure he didn't ever check the tire pressure.

"Bikes are like women: beat them like a whore, they can take it and you will like the moaning you hear."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 08-28-2009, 08:22 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

back
post #3 of 28 Old 08-28-2009, 08:29 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

you had a broken neck or something right?....your wife is handling this as well?

Anyway you will find many changes on this site but nice to see an old timer back.
post #4 of 28 Old 08-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

welcome back dooode!

-I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
post #5 of 28 Old 08-28-2009, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to BNninja
Blue,
The wife and I split back in April but that may work again, dont know. She got into drugs and alcohol. I have full custody of my kids and needed something for me to do when I have my own time.
Yep, I did break my neck in two places but I'm all healed now and ready to ride again. I will admit that I dont go much more than 10mph over the speed limit and ride more for enjoyment rather than to go as fast as I can. I can remember being 23-24 and seeing guys with nice bikes and wondering why they were being so careful; NOW I GET IT. the road isn't a track and although I wasn't racing on the street when I wrecked; if you tempt fate too many times she will bite you.
I almost got another MV but after ~2 weeks of a guy saying I could see the bike tomorrow, I got a ducati thinking a twin made more sense of the street because of the torque. I should have gotten an 848, the 1098 is super fast and you can't really get above 50% throttle without the front getting light and tank slappy.

"Bikes are like women: beat them like a whore, they can take it and you will like the moaning you hear."
post #6 of 28 Old 08-28-2009, 08:54 PM
PostWhore

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to GuitarPlyr
back man, I saw one of your posts the other day , and saw you hadnt been on in forever, and was wondering how you were doing. Glad to hear you're all healed up

John 8:24:
Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."
post #7 of 28 Old 08-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNninja View Post
Blue,
The wife and I split back in April but that may work again, dont know. She got into drugs and alcohol. I have full custody of my kids and needed something for me to do when I have my own time.
Yep, I did break my neck in two places but I'm all healed now and ready to ride again. I will admit that I dont go much more than 10mph over the speed limit and ride more for enjoyment rather than to go as fast as I can. I can remember being 23-24 and seeing guys with nice bikes and wondering why they were being so careful; NOW I GET IT. the road isn't a track and although I wasn't racing on the street when I wrecked; if you tempt fate too many times she will bite you.
I almost got another MV but after ~2 weeks of a guy saying I could see the bike tomorrow, I got a ducati thinking a twin made more sense of the street because of the torque. I should have gotten an 848, the 1098 is super fast and you can't really get above 50% throttle without the front getting light and tank slappy.
Thanks for the update ...like I said many changes as a New owner, but still here(Rich) as an Administrator, YSR is still here and Trey and Andy plus myself and lost many old timers but many are still around. We have some advertising and time changes things but glad your back.....take care..bloo
post #8 of 28 Old 08-28-2009, 08:59 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
Thanks for the update ...like I said many changes as a New owner, but still here(Rich) as an Administrator, YSR is still here and Trey and Andy plus myself and lost many old timers but many are still around. We have some advertising and time changes things but glad your back.....take care..bloo
oh and forgot that guy

GuitarPlyr
post #9 of 28 Old 08-28-2009, 10:07 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Glad to see someone get back on the horse again after being tossed off so hard. Take it Slow Bro, and enjoy the ride..

Back.
post #10 of 28 Old 08-28-2009, 11:22 PM
Green Hippie

Posting Frequency

back ,good to see ya on here again

VAE VICTUS!

RIP James R Patterson 6/3/30-5/26/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in