I hate time warner and bank of america - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 10-28-2011, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to pmason718
I hate time warner and bank of america

ok ok ok ok ok ok. I know I know I know, lol. Listen I'm tired of corporations and people taking advantage or at least trying to take advantage of people. I'm the type of person that I won't take the shit and I will discontinue my business with you as I've done with Netflix and expressed myself online. Keep in mind I understand that no one is perfect. I can't beleive that in a time like this Bank of america has decided to charge customers $5 monthly for using there debit cards. Guess what as much as I hate Chase at well from my understanding they will not follow suit so it looks as if I will be banking with CHASE. As for TWC I hate the rude employess that I've encountered with them and some (not all) of there techs that don't know jack, I can't wait for FIOS to be offered in my area. I don't think Verizon is any better but I don't mind letting people know that if you don't trreat me right I will leave.

Netflix rant
https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthre...hlight=netflix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 10-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Regions started this crap too. I'm so pissed off. I will be changing banks.
post #3 of 17 Old 10-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

*Start Rant*

I've been using TD for a while now and they started whacking me with a $2 fee if i use any ATM other than theirs. I'll be switching shortly.

Also, I had progressive insurance for 3 years and they have been charging me $1700/6-months. I'm 23 and all of my tickets (3) and accidents (1) have just cleared out of their 39 month window and they decided to raise my rate...fucking LASERCUNTS! So i switched to geico and they are only charging me $800/6-months. Another major plus to switching is that i dont have to hear "Hey there! Flow here!" ever again. God, I hate that whore.

I fucking hate big corporations that fuck over the general public.

*End Rant*
post #4 of 17 Old 10-28-2011, 10:30 AM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex888 View Post
*Start Rant*

I've been using TD for a while now and they started whacking me with a $2 fee if i use any ATM other than theirs. I'll be switching shortly.

Also, I had progressive insurance for 3 years and they have been charging me $1700/6-months. I'm 23 and all of my tickets (3) and accidents (1) have just cleared out of their 39 month window and they decided to raise my rate...fucking LASERCUNTS! So i switched to geico and they are only charging me $800/6-months. Another major plus to switching is that i dont have to hear "Hey there! Flow here!" ever again. God, I hate that whore.

I fucking hate big corporations that fuck over the general public.

*End Rant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
in reference to the man card issue, let me clarify it for everyone, " If a man builds a 1000 bridges and sucks one cock, that doesnt make him a bridge builder, it makes him a cock sucker..."
My bike is the fattest and slowest of all the G2s
post #5 of 17 Old 10-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Of course you are faster

Posting Frequency

by all means, you need not appologize... infact getting mad enough to vote with your feet/dollars is an ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY part of capitalism.

NetFlix is imploding at the moment due to 1. Bad decissions, 2. the ability for users/customers to immediatly change providers of a good or service, and 3. competition that is more then happy to take business away from netflix.

this is absolutly the beauty of competative capitalism.

finally, an absolutely necessary part of capitalism is failure and bankrupcy... there is NOTHING that is too big to fail. Would the failure of GM cause problems, sure, there would be people out of work, wages and benifites would be lost for a period of time. But understand that people still need vehicles, that doesn't change. There will be Ford, Honda, etc that will provide the product... either at the price needed to make the company solvent, or a set of features or gas mileage or what ever that will sell...

in fact, the more often, the more frequently companies are allowed to fail, the smaller the dip or loss of jobs, the more gentle the changes, drop in wages, or benifites. it is this constant correction of the market that makes it work.

the cost of freedom is eternal vigilance... yes, you as a consumer must, at all times, pay attention to what's going on, read your cable bill and change companies when it gets to the point you are fed up.

the funny thing about BOA is that now blabbermouth "tricky dick" Durban is telling us to do what we should have done before he interjected himself into the system. If BOA was doing things we didn't like, move all your money to another bank who does. If we do that, we don't need a politician sticking their snotty nose in anyone's business.

some don't want to be vigilant, they want to have "mommy government" protect them from the bad boogie men.

please continue the good fight, inform others of corp excesses and gouging... expose the unfairness...

carry on smartly

Need to know how to install your Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert? click me
For more info on a sticky grip (not enough cable slack) click me
And another amazing install write up click this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
lol, once you go 1/5th... you NEVER go back
post #6 of 17 Old 10-28-2011, 10:56 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

one of the problems with captialism is it that it contains and foster its own seeds of destruction as point out by Karl Marx, case and point default swaps that nearly crippled our economy a few years ago, however with some gov't intervention and course correction, this is the part marx didnt take into account, captialism can continue to grow an prosper
post #7 of 17 Old 10-28-2011, 12:05 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
by all means, you need not appologize... infact getting mad enough to vote with your feet/dollars is an ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY part of capitalism.

NetFlix is imploding at the moment due to 1. Bad decissions, 2. the ability for users/customers to immediatly change providers of a good or service, and 3. competition that is more then happy to take business away from netflix.

this is absolutly the beauty of competative capitalism.

finally, an absolutely necessary part of capitalism is failure and bankrupcy... there is NOTHING that is too big to fail. Would the failure of GM cause problems, sure, there would be people out of work, wages and benifites would be lost for a period of time. But understand that people still need vehicles, that doesn't change. There will be Ford, Honda, etc that will provide the product... either at the price needed to make the company solvent, or a set of features or gas mileage or what ever that will sell...

in fact, the more often, the more frequently companies are allowed to fail, the smaller the dip or loss of jobs, the more gentle the changes, drop in wages, or benifites. it is this constant correction of the market that makes it work.

the cost of freedom is eternal vigilance... yes, you as a consumer must, at all times, pay attention to what's going on, read your cable bill and change companies when it gets to the point you are fed up.

the funny thing about BOA is that now blabbermouth "tricky dick" Durban is telling us to do what we should have done before he interjected himself into the system. If BOA was doing things we didn't like, move all your money to another bank who does. If we do that, we don't need a politician sticking their snotty nose in anyone's business.

some don't want to be vigilant, they want to have "mommy government" protect them from the bad boogie men.

please continue the good fight, inform others of corp excesses and gouging... expose the unfairness...

carry on smartly
+100000000

Here's the problem, the US Government is stepping in to tell the credit card companies that they are setting a limit on how much they can collect from businesses. So, BOA's business model is not to post some loss because they're losing money from capped fees. They have employees, assets, and stock holders they must pay so they are shifting the fees back to the consumer. It's what EVERY business does. Gas goes up, you get charged fuel surcharges, increased prices etc. BOA is just doing what they need to.

The other thing they are attempting to do is shift the market away from debit cards and back to credit cards. Here's a thought...if your bank is charging a debit fee, START WRITING CHECKS! Or use your credit card and pay it off at the end of the month to avoid the fees. You can switch banks as well, but remember, there are other ways to avoid the fees than switching.

AND now that the Government has capped the fees these big banks are charging the retailers, do you actually think that these retailers will pass the savings along to the consumers in the form of lower prices??? Yeah right! So, the retailers will be pocketing the extra money they would otherwise be paying to the banks to up their own bottom line. Be pissed off at BOA if you want to, but I see it as the fault of the Government for even getting involved. This is a response to them thinking they know it all.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

Last edited by SkyDork; 10-28-2011 at 03:17 PM.
post #8 of 17 Old 10-28-2011, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to pmason718
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
+100000000

Here's the problem, the US Government is stepping in to tell the credit card companies that they are setting a limit on how much they can collect from businesses. So, BOA's business model is not to post some loss because they're losing money from capped fees. They have employees, assets, and stock holders they must pay so they are shifting the fees back to the consumer. It's what EVERY business does. Gas goes up, you get charged fuel surcharges, increased prices etc. BOA is going what they need to.

The other thing they are attempting to do is shift the market away from debit cards and back to credit cards. Here's a thought...if your bank is charging a debit fee, START WRITING CHECKS! Or use your credit card and pay it off at the end of the month to avoid the fees. You can switch banks as well, but remember, there are other ways to avoid the fees than switching.

AND now that the Government has capped the fees these big banks are charging the retailers, do you actually think that these retailers will pass the savings along to the consumers in the form of lower prices??? Yeah right! So, the retailers will be pocketing the extra money they would otherwise be paying to the banks to up their own bottom line. Be pissed off at BOA if you want to, but I see it as the fault of the Government for even getting involved. This is a response to them thinking they know it all.

I thought about writing checks but that's not what I'm getting at. My issue is that people don't stand together anymore and fight, people just accept things and keep it moving and this is why everywhere you look people are scamming. I'm not sure about where you live but in NYC this goes on all the time and me and everyone else endures the pain. Maybe little ole me byself will not make a difference but together we will, look at NETFLIX. I don't wish anyone harm but if they go under I wouldn't miss them along with a few other GREEDY ass companies
post #9 of 17 Old 10-28-2011, 12:48 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmason718 View Post
I thought about writing checks but that's not what I'm getting at. My issue is that people don't stand together anymore and fight, people just accept things and keep it moving and this is why everywhere you look people are scamming. I'm not sure about where you live but in NYC this goes on all the time and me and everyone else endures the pain. Maybe little ole me byself will not make a difference but together we will, look at NETFLIX. I don't wish anyone harm but if they go under I wouldn't miss them along with a few other GREEDY ass companies
I have nothing against greed. It's what keeps people motivated and moving forward. It drives people rather than letting things just happen around them and being lazy and accepting it. I hate when people get scammed to, but unfortunately people have stopped educating themselves and are allowed to be scammed. It's always "someone else's fault" that they got duped. It's never them for doing the proper homework before jumping into something.

I think Netflix is a perfect example of capitalism at work. They are falling apart before our very eyes and it's because the consumer has dictated the market with their wallets. I agree with you that them going out of business would not be a bad thing. And them falling apart is going to open the door for other competitors to step in and fill the market that Netflix is screwing up. It just takes a "greedy" person to seize the opportunity and make it happen though. Once it does, Netflix will either compete in the market or fall to the wayside and leave room for the next company to step in. The cycle will continue. Oh, and Netflix's price increase was ultimately caused by other companies licensing movies to them who raised their prices to get a bigger slice of the pie.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #10 of 17 Old 10-28-2011, 01:16 PM
Of course you are faster

Posting Frequency

well, I would agree in principle, but disagree in pratice. Yes, if a robber baron can obtain a monopoly on a given product or service then you get a crappy outdated product at exorbadent prices (look into the DeBeers diamond company as to what can go wrong with a monopoly in a capitalist system).

however in pratice, where anyone who wants to "put those jackass's out of business", the seeds of distruction are never allowed to germinate.

Government anti trust laws are one step...

but a major hinderance to upstart competition is government regulation.

let's just use the example above... an insurance company charging userous rates...

in theory you could start your own insurance company and either 1. put the robber barons out of business, or 2. force them to lower the price and provide customer service.

nothing prohibits you from starting your own company if you can't find one that provides the service at the price you want to pay... but you will quickly find out that there is a huge amount of government regulation, reporting, paperwork, auditing, and documentation that all adds cost and stops the start up company...

... and just who championed those regulations in a effort to "protect the public" from smart mouth head strong upstart.... COMPETITION! why it would be the big corp that has money and influence and can write themselves out of the regulations, that's who.

the market will regulate itself, it will weed out the bad, it will force the best product at the lowest price... it just needs to be left alone. Soon as one side is given an advantage, the corruption and customer abuse occures.

Need to know how to install your Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert? click me
For more info on a sticky grip (not enough cable slack) click me
And another amazing install write up click this

Quote:
lol, once you go 1/5th... you NEVER go back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in