I hate ridding with squids. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 06-26-2005, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to JOHNH
I hate ridding with squids.

Me and some friend was going to ride to the cmra races today in henderson tx and a new guy been ridding about 6 months is always doing standups on his gixxer 750 (on its 3rd set of clutches) soon as we take off from our meeting spot starts doing wheelies about 2 miles down the road he sets on down and goes into a very bad tank slapper goes off the road at about 90 hits grass then a driveway starts flipping hits a mailbox post and breaks his arm. Good thing he had on a helmet he hit the post face first busted the shield off his helmet big cuts above both eyes broke his arm right at the bicept. So we had to wait for the paramedics and police all that crap then a truck to pick up the bike them go to the hospital wait to see how his catscan came out. So this pretty much ruined my day Im not trying to sound like Im the only important one around but if he wasnt an idiot then it would have been a good day. He is going to be ok they had to do sugery on his arm so maybe he learned a lesson and hopfully some of the other new ridders that were there did to but I doubt it. Sorry guys I just wanted to vent. this is also one reason why sportbike ins keep going up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 06-27-2005, 12:37 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

It's unfortunate it happened but I know how you feel. Was going to drop off the garbage bill the other day and a guy on a ZX9R and another on a Gixx 6 wanted to tag along. Long story short we hit some back roads where there are decent curves. The guy on the Gixx 6 ran right the hell through a curve, off the road, through a small ditch and ate it. Me and the other guy turned back and all you could see was dust everywhere. I said bro, all you had to do was dip the left bar and look through the turn. Did you lean the bike over? He said yea I was leanin No way in hell did he lean. If you look at where he ran off it looks as if he didn't even attempt to make the turn. Maybe he saw the trees and the ditch and target fixation set in??? Anyway he was lucky. No damage to him, bent shift rod, broken left front signal, and a dust all over the bike. I told him to go sign up for the MSF course ASAP as he's mil and they pay the fee for you. Why in the hell would you not take it?

AFMEDIC

Insert haters and thieves here
post #3 of 28 Old 06-27-2005, 12:49 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I'd say with a broken shift rod and left front signal he came out pretty good. Guy on the gsxr 750 doesnt sound quite as lucky though but maybe he learned his lesson
post #4 of 28 Old 06-27-2005, 06:20 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

the lessons learned the hard way are unfortunately the best learned leasons. The guy on 750 probably won't be so quick to pull another stand-up but the important thing here is that in each situation you guys stayed with the rider as long as necessary. so here is to you
post #5 of 28 Old 06-27-2005, 09:53 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Riding with squids = trouble

Opinions are like buttholes........everyone's got one.
post #6 of 28 Old 06-27-2005, 11:56 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

I saw a bunch of squids on the freeway this weekend. Shorts and tank tops doing stand up wheelies and riding like they were being chased. Found out later at the gym that I know 2 of them. I showed him my scar from riding in a tank top. he should be buying a jacket this week.

I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box.
post #7 of 28 Old 06-27-2005, 04:59 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1killer1liter
I saw a bunch of squids on the freeway this weekend. Shorts and tank tops doing stand up wheelies and riding like they were being chased. Found out later at the gym that I know 2 of them. I showed him my scar from riding in a tank top. he should be buying a jacket this week.
its all fun and games until you spill with no jacket or pants on. i was riding a little a$$ pocket rocket doing about 20mph should of had full gear on. lol. i wipe out and had road rash all over just like on my old 900rr when i went down.i wont drive without it now. i still cant beleave parents are buying there kids these things. there's a whole gang of them by my house with 8 year olds + riding them.
post #8 of 28 Old 06-27-2005, 05:33 PM

Posting Frequency

I heard one of the guys that rides with us say this about riding apparal, what you where has nothing to do with being a (squid) A squid in essence is a novice. It may not be smart to ride without full gear but I know a many very experenced riders that
dont get fully geared up to ride including me (35+ years racing/riding) now if Im going to drag pegs or race off road im fully geared up. The clothing?squid thing is a Internet
misconception, hop this helps.
Back to topic, Yea riding with squids is not fun and also a danger to your self, just think if he had been behind you and collided with you or another? but Im sure like me its hard to know who of the new riders are going to be squids and what ones will be responsable, you just never know. But to be honest every once in a while I will pop a wheele or do a stoppie but I in most cases know what my bike will do and how to responed to what the bike does.
post #9 of 28 Old 06-27-2005, 06:15 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Yeah, me and a couple friends ended up with a group of squids on a ride once. I swore that day that if I got done with that ride without them taking me out, or me having to watch them take themselves out I'd never do it again. I'll split off and ride alone, or just go back to the fuggin' house before I ride with squids again. I have no problem with the occasional wheelie, but what I do have a problem with is the guy that does them while he's ridin' in the middle of the pack and endangers every damned body on the ride instead of just himself. I had to miss three turns on that ride ( I was lead) because the ahole behind me was in wheelies and would have rearended me if I had slowed to turn... :headshake

--
"Bottom line, when I'm on that bike, it's just me and God...And He better be holding on."- Stillie on SSB

Si vis pacem, para bellum...

El Diablo
post #10 of 28 Old 06-27-2005, 06:29 PM
Hillbillie Mod

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to hillcountry10r
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj
I heard one of the guys that rides with us say this about riding apparal, what you where has nothing to do with being a (squid) A squid in essence is a novice. It may not be smart to ride without full gear but I know a many very experenced riders that
dont get fully geared up to ride including me (35+ years racing/riding) now if Im going to drag pegs or race off road im fully geared up. The clothing?squid thing is a Internet
misconception, hop this helps..
I dont care if Rossi was riding on the street w/ all his experience...if he did it w/out gear...Id say he was a squid.

If youre on a motorcycle and youre acting stupid...youre either a squid or acting like one f'sho. If that entails doing a stoppie into the back of someone or not wearing the right gear....both squiddy things to do IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markj
Back to topic, Yea riding with squids is not fun and also a danger to your self, just think if he had been behind you and collided with you or another? but Im sure like me its hard to know who of the new riders are going to be squids and what ones will be responsable, you just never know. But to be honest every once in a while I will pop a wheele or do a stoppie but I in most cases know what my bike will do and how to responed to what the bike does.
Agree....just gotta watch out for those ropes!

For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil full of deadly poison.
James 3:7,8

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in