I am unlucky in ebay. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 02-25-2008, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I am unlucky in ebay.

I think I have the worst luck and success rate when it comes to EBAY. I have had to request refunds so many times it is rediculous!!! The most recent episode is a part that I ordered, and payed for, for the "10" on FEB. 7th and I still have not received it. I contacted the seller twice, with the most recent being yesterday and still no reply. I try to give the person 3 weeks to a month before I get really huffy and start getting my money back. Is it just me or have any of you had the same experience? Should I just give up on EBAY all together (I have gotten a couple of really good deals)? WTF!!!

If I can't ride it or it can't make me a sandwich, I don't want to be bothered!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-25-2008, 08:57 PM
MIA mod

Posting Frequency

eBay has become home to some of the worst scam artists around. If you buy something, only buy from someone with at least 99% rating and ONLY if it's mostly sales, not just a bunch of small purchases. Easy to buy and get good rating for prompt pay, doesn't mean a thing when it comes to the selling side. Quit eBay, maybe, better to be hyper cautious in all your dealings.

Some days will stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark.
post #3 of 13 Old 02-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I always check the sellers feedback, I have only had to return like two items ever, also the location were the item is being shipped from.... I only by stuff stateside, never china, hongkong, singapore, or taiwan.... Those always take a month if you get it at all. I will usually by from private people selling stuff or reputable businesses... Good Luck I would be pissed by now....
post #4 of 13 Old 02-25-2008, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I hear you guys. I have had problems with everyone, whether they be private or business. this last purchase was private. He contacted me once, like one week after I won/paid to ask me for my address again. I would trust China bafor I trust NY or Florida. They seem to be the worst.

If I can't ride it or it can't make me a sandwich, I don't want to be bothered!!!
post #5 of 13 Old 02-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

It sucks too because there are a lot of good opportunities on ebay to get some sweet stuff cheap but like you said all the scamers are on ebay now, and I fucking hate them all.

-I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
post #6 of 13 Old 02-25-2008, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpriordan View Post
It sucks too because there are a lot of good opportunities on ebay to get some sweet stuff cheap but like you said all the scamers are on ebay now, and I fucking hate them all.
It's either the scammers or the over bidders who drive the price up to retail or even higher than retail like dumb asses. Now a lot of sellers on ebay are at or only a few dollars below retail. So you really have to look hard for the good deals.

post #7 of 13 Old 02-26-2008, 11:30 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosmc1 View Post
It's either the scammers or the over bidders who drive the price up to retail or even higher than retail like dumb asses. Now a lot of sellers on ebay are at or only a few dollars below retail. So you really have to look hard for the good deals.
Some private sellers have friends with ebay accounts drive up the bidding. If there friend wins it they either relist it or offer it to the next highest bidder as "second chance". I have had excellent luck on ebay as a buyer and seller. Just be sure to look at thier rating, buy all purchases with Paypal, and insist on shipping that can be tracked. My .02

06 ZX10R Ported 04 Head, .55mm head gasket, 08 Race Intake cam, stock intake pinned and moved to exhaust, 107/107, PCV, with Auto tune. 178 rwhp through Boz Bro single side high mount exhaust.
post #8 of 13 Old 02-26-2008, 03:19 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob8915 View Post
Some private sellers have friends with ebay accounts drive up the bidding. If there friend wins it they either relist it or offer it to the next highest bidder as "second chance". I have had excellent luck on ebay as a buyer and seller. Just be sure to look at thier rating, buy all purchases with Paypal, and insist on shipping that can be tracked. My .02

Life is too short injoy it!
post #9 of 13 Old 02-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to CaFFeineSouLja
gotta look at the feedback on what they sell to try and avoid the scammers and deadbeats but it will still happen sometimes.

Green '14 ZX10R ABS w/ Heli-Bars, 719 Pro Grips, and Yoshimura R77.
post #10 of 13 Old 02-26-2008, 04:06 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

My eBay, PayPal, and ZX10R.net classified sales and purchases have all been Great. I have over 120 PayPal transactions, and a 71 / 100% positive on eBay and hugely succesful sales on this forum.

I only bought 1 thing ever off eBay that I didn't like and they refunded my money within 24 hours and paid the shipping.

Maybe I have been lucky?

BUT, I also try to be very fair and honest and COMMUNICATE with people as to what and when it will happen.

I recently sold over $7000.00 worth of stuff on this forum in 3 days, shipped out nearly 30 boxes and not a single complaint. (hey with my prices how could they)

I do beleive that almost all people are inherently honest. Only a small perecentage that are not. So I just treat all 100% of people as honest and that way I never make the mistake of doing anyone wrong. If I get took, so be it.

JJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in