I accepet defeat - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 10-09-2005, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I accepet defeat

I am sad to announce this, and its not true to my nature, but this stereo install has me frustrated, pissed off, and just plain sad that i can't get a stupid freakin wire through a door. Fuckin car has so many damn wires and they are bound so tightly and put in every nook and cranny. On top of that, it has poured here since friday and NOT STOPPED, until this morning i went to take a piss and lo and behold it had stopped, so instead of going back to bed i raced outside to start, not 20min later and its raining again. I don't know if the man upstairs is saying something, but i am going to shop around to get it installed, definitly not at best buy. Was recommended RPM Sounds if anyone has heard of them. So to all you stereo boomers out there, to install all 4 componet speakers, run new wiring, install amp kit and run wiring from head unit to amp and install capacitor, how much should it run. I supposidly have everything according to crutchfield, but i am sure i am missing something. I have already put together, the head unit trim and adaptor, put the sub in the box and wired it. I mean i know how to do this crap, i am just out of time and patience. Oh well, time to get back to half life 2!!

"Lead, Follow, or get the hell outta my way!!"

Blue 2004 ZX-10R
- 152.5rwhp 77.6rwtq - more than I need

Red 2003 Jack ROUSH Classic #8 of 50
- 375rwhp 381rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 10-09-2005, 09:52 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Don't blame ya'! Sometimes that shiot is a real PITA! I should've stopped screwing with mine in my truck when could'nt get the damn door panel off to put in aftermarket spkrs but noooo! I ended up breaking the plastic completely in half I got the damn spkrs in though!

" A good friend will come and bail you out of jail... but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "Damn that was fun!!"
post #3 of 21 Old 10-09-2005, 09:55 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Rick is there anyway you could use the factory wiring?? If your not running too much power it should work just fine. Couple of splices and you are home free.

" A good friend will come and bail you out of jail... but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "Damn that was fun!!"
post #4 of 21 Old 10-09-2005, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

well maybe, but i am running 70 watts to each componet speaker, and these aren't $50 cheapo speakers so i figured i am gonna do it right, i always try to do it right the first time and not "wish" i had do it the better way later.

Blue 2004 ZX-10R

- 375rwhp 381rwtq
post #5 of 21 Old 10-09-2005, 10:09 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRoush03
well maybe, but i am running 70 watts to each componet speaker, and these aren't $50 cheapo speakers so i figured i am gonna do it right, i always try to do it right the first time and not "wish" i had do it the better way later.
Yeah me too, but you might give it a try and see if that works for now. If you aren't satisfied later, you could maybe ask a stereo shop to just do that for ya', save you some dough.

post #6 of 21 Old 10-09-2005, 10:09 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

put a new stero in my truck and when i saw how much wire there was. I just took it and have a shop put it in. a lot less headache.
post #7 of 21 Old 10-09-2005, 10:14 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketracermike
put a new stero in my truck and when i saw how much wire there was. I just took it and have a shop put it in. a lot less headache.
Nowadays with airbags and computers,if you hit the wrong wire, poof! End up costing a whole lot more!

post #8 of 21 Old 10-09-2005, 10:51 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

I spent a lot of money on the stero and the speakers. the last thing i wanted to do is screw something else.
post #9 of 21 Old 10-09-2005, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

yeah, somehow i dont have turn signals right now, never knew how much you need them! yeah, i spent enough on this thing, first time ever having an upgraded stereo besides my mach 460 in the stang which sounds ok.

Blue 2004 ZX-10R

- 375rwhp 381rwtq
post #10 of 21 Old 10-09-2005, 11:01 AM
MIA mod

Posting Frequency

Sometimes best to let a "pro" do it. If nothing else if something goes wrong, hopefully he'll stand behind his work.
Word of warning:
Check out the shop, and the specific installer. Check with the BBB. There are some shady shops and some shady characters in excellent shops. Some will let you watch if you ask. Some won't (insurance reasons-legit). Ask to see some completed installs. If you don't feel comfy, don't do it. Also, make sure you give them only the keys needed, not all of your keys. I know of cases where copies of home keys were made, they already have your home address....

Some days will stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in