Hurts so good - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 10-09-2005, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Red face Hurts so good

Get your damn minds out the gutter!

Finally met up with a group to ride with this morning. Put in about 300+ miles and had some good BBQ with 13 other riders. Mix of guys and gals. Bikes included a 650 Vstrom, a Duc 996 and a varity of older and newer sport bikes. Ages from mid twenties to BD old. Funny thing, I waved the V-strom by me at one point. That fuggar was fast and smooth through the turns I'm feeling a bit road worn, but sure was a good day. Beautiful weather and a nice quick pace. Thes guys are real organized. They ran down their ride rules and for the first leg they actually had me stay with one guy in the second (slower) group to see how squidly I was. It was a bit strange being the newbie, but I respected that fact they were into keeping everyone safe. By the first stop I was given the go ahead to ride the front group if I wanted. They kept the pace between 90-105, rarely touching the brakes or changing gears. It was a blast.

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-09-2005, 08:21 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Afterburner
That's awesome! I had a group like that when I was still in Calgary but haven't lucked into finding one here. Good for you!

I've got something to say...It's better to burn up, than to fade away!

Please, call me Burner.
post #3 of 11 Old 10-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Sounds fun. Also sounds like a great group to ride with. A nice group ride is great, but a bad group ride is horrible. Been on both. Luckily more good than bad. I've gotten to the point that I'd rather just organize the ride myself and invite a handful of trusted riders than to post up rides on the local board and have an open free for all. I don't mind sensible newbies tagging along, but squids can ruin a ride for me in a hurry.

I love the idea they had of trying you out in the slower group before letting you tag the big dogs. That should help them keep some less experienced riders from biting it trying to keep up. Our rides normally include different skill levels and we split it into two groups, but it's usually left up to each rider to choose where they belong. I think it's time for us to look at something like this group is doing.

Glad you had a good time.

--
"Bottom line, when I'm on that bike, it's just me and God...And He better be holding on."- Stillie on SSB

Si vis pacem, para bellum...

El Diablo
post #4 of 11 Old 10-09-2005, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

They have a ride leader who is not to be passed ever, and the same with the second group. Proper gear is manditory and squidliness is not tolerated. Their website makes it hard as hell to catch up with them. They keep locations secret to keep out the squids. This is the group Andy turned me on to. No Andy this morning though. Anybody have actuall proof he rides???

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track
post #5 of 11 Old 10-09-2005, 08:42 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by miykl
Get your damn minds out the gutter!

Finally met up with a group to ride with this morning. Put in about 300+ miles and had some good BBQ with 13 other riders. Mix of guys and gals. Bikes included a 650 Vstrom, a Duc 996 and a varity of older and newer sport bikes. Ages from mid twenties to BD old. Funny thing, I waved the V-strom by me at one point. That fuggar was fast and smooth through the turns I'm feeling a bit road worn, but sure was a good day. Beautiful weather and a nice quick pace. Thes guys are real organized. They ran down their ride rules and for the first leg they actually had me stay with one guy in the second (slower) group to see how squidly I was. It was a bit strange being the newbie, but I respected that fact they were into keeping everyone safe. By the first stop I was given the go ahead to ride the front group if I wanted. They kept the pace between 90-105, rarely touching the brakes or changing gears. It was a blast.
Sounds like your getting back to normalcy after that mess from the hurricaine, good to hear.
post #6 of 11 Old 10-09-2005, 09:16 PM
MIA mod

Posting Frequency

Glad to hear things are getting better in the Big D area for you.

Some days will stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark.
post #7 of 11 Old 10-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
They have a ride leader who is not to be passed ever, and the same with the second group. Proper gear is manditory and squidliness is not tolerated. Their website makes it hard as hell to catch up with them. They keep locations secret to keep out the squids. This is the group Andy turned me on to. No Andy this morning though. Anybody have actuall proof he rides???
He prolly didn't cut it in that group!

--
"Bottom line, when I'm on that bike, it's just me and God...And He better be holding on."- Stillie on SSB

El Diablo
post #8 of 11 Old 10-10-2005, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo
He prolly didn't cut it in that group!
I do believe he was with this group when he wipped out. I can see how it could happen pretty easily. The fast guys never touch the brakes. I got lulled in over my head once. That's when I waved the SV by me.

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track
post #9 of 11 Old 10-10-2005, 02:11 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I do believe he was with this group when he wipped out. I can see how it could happen pretty easily. The fast guys never touch the brakes. I got lulled in over my head once. That's when I waved the SV by me.
I'm just givin' Andy hell...

--

El Diablo
post #10 of 11 Old 10-10-2005, 02:20 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
waved the v-strom by you or the sv?? get your story straight..
Glad you had a good time. My best times are spent riding alone at my own rediculous pace..

05 lime green. Sato slip-on, pc3usb, bmc race filter.
"when ya lose site of why ya ride then you've lost what really matters"---THE MOTORHEAD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in