How is your job handling the economy slump - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 Old 12-26-2008, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

How is your job handling the economy slump

I work in the aviation sector within GE. We are currently closed down for the last two weeks of December and are returning to work on Jan 05, 2009. But we are returning to work to find out how long the plant is shutting down in 2009, bad news. This really f#$%'n sucks! I also can not replace my wage that I am making at any other metal fabrication shop in this area so I am stuck to have to deal with unemployment. Money is super tight right now and hopefully 2009 will be a good year but it doenst look that way. I was looking forward to tracking my bike in '09 but I dont think I will have cash to do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 Old 12-26-2008, 10:15 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I am at work now a paper Carton plant....and it is slow on on side of the plant, busy on the other side of the plant. Customer orders are down also. I am blessed that my side is busy and I am working overtime. But I feel your pain man , keep your head up and I hope and pray that everything works out.
post #3 of 61 Old 12-26-2008, 10:21 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I work in drilling applications for Baker Hughes which is a directional drilling and MWD/LWD company. Things have slowed down for other divisions and regions, but things have been pretty constant where Im at. No talk of layoffs or shutting down for any sector yet. Good luck to those of you feeling the downturn of the economy.
post #4 of 61 Old 12-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I work for an electric utility in the transmission control center....business is fine. Hell...I got a 20 percent raise this year to keep up with the market pay for transmission system operators!

post #5 of 61 Old 12-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to HAYESTRX250R
After a home equity loan to cover the $7500+/- investment to become a conductor for CSX in March 07' I have been furloughed (temp layoff) for a total of 9 months till March 08' and was furloughed again DEC. 7th 08. This time it looks like it could be a year or more. Two of my previous employers have turned me down for a stint untilll furlough is over due to me not wanting to leave CSX for good. Tuff times. P.S. my Gen2 is still for sale.
post #6 of 61 Old 12-26-2008, 10:36 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

We are hiring like crazy - doing loan modifications and negotiating tax debt for people....

post #7 of 61 Old 12-26-2008, 10:56 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

So far no issues here. We make Areosol Spray cans. But the company has had 3 plannt closings in 2008 aand talk of more in 2009. Hopefuly just not mine.

NESBA #456 Intermediate
post #8 of 61 Old 12-26-2008, 11:20 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to K7ZX10RGuy
I work for a large air conditioning distributor in Southern California. Our management just recently shut down 5 of our branch stores a week before Christmas...putting all of the people in those stores out of jobs. The crapy part is....they did this to the people on a conference call. Told 'em to close up in the middle of a Monday. Needless to say, the rest of us are worried about our jobs as there is a rumor that the company wants to sell its operations.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -- Abraham Lincoln

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
post #9 of 61 Old 12-26-2008, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAYESTRX250R View Post
... Tuff times. P.S. my Gen2 is still for sale.
damn the bank will have to take my car before my bike!

I was against Barrack Obama but now that he is elected hopefully he can help this economy out!

Sorry to hear about everyones employment issues. I have my own to deal with as well
post #10 of 61 Old 12-26-2008, 12:39 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I work in a factory on the UPS shipping side of things, so far my job is pretty secure. They have put a freeze on wages though and laid off quite a few people, sales are really going down. We sell augers, teeth and that sort to Bobcat, CNH, MTA, Caterpillar and a lot of others

The president of the company was telling something like the economy may not be back to normal until 2011, kind of scary.

At its core, the Ninja ZX-10R is a motorcycle built for the accomplished rider who can fully appreciate its capabilities--whether put to the test at a racetrack, or merely the focus of bench-racing conversation. It is, by all standards, the embodiment of the ultimate superbike.

Member of The Elite - Growler Group
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in